Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jesus what a load of gatekeeping bollix, soulsbourn games aren't the pinicle of gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

All games have an element of repetition. Spiderman and Miles Morales are some of the most fun games I've played in recent years. And that's what it's about for me - fun

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Soulsborne games are great.

The Spider-Man games are great.

Games are great.

#LiveLaughLove

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭recyclops

Didn't mean to get people riled up, the game is fine anyway off to find another cat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Let's leave it be with the hostile, sniping posts folks - they're just video games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That live laugh love always reminds me of Trevor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished Observer System Redux today, man, i need a serious cheery game after that. It's a great game but was so immersive and unnerving, brilliant work by the devs.

Have Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PS5 to start tonight and finally decided on the Assassin's Creed game I'm gonna play next. Was between Ezio trilogy, Odyssey and Valhalla, gonna pick up Odyssey tomorrow and give it another blast. I had only finished 2 chapters according to my trophies when i first got it so sounds like still plenty for me to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭KH25

Completely finished Assassins Creed Odyssey, including all the DLC. Really enjoyed it overall and the graphics were brilliant. The new free DLC was a nice little treat. Very tempted to go straight into Valhalla now but I might take a break and start something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea you do not want to go straight into Valhalla after finishing everything in Odyssey. I would wait for at least 6 months, that way you should be able to pick up a complete edition of Valhalla containing the two already released expansions and possibly the third one one too.

I actually have a hard copy of Valhalla that was given to me, but I might hold off until all the DLC is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I thought Ireland and siege of Paris were the DLC? What else is coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SymbolicActs

Fine? That's doesn't change the fact that Spider-Man is wholly repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SymbolicActs

Never said they were, great non sequitur. Just said they're better than the garbage Spider-Man games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have a day off chief, it's Xmas, no one cares what video games others enjoy....

I couldn't care less what other people play and don't think any less if someone is a "casual" gamer or hardcore gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wrong thread

Delete pls

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thronebreaker, the extended Gwent game from The Witcher 3. Enjoying it a lot, very addictive. Can be frustrating at times when it comes to certain puzzles because it just throws new made-up cards at you with new conditional rules and you've to work out the puzzle.

But when proper matches happen, it's a lot of fun. Can be the luck of the draw sometimes but there are some decent cards you pick up that can nearly always allow you to implement a strategy, picking whatever cards you want from your deck etc. Though I'm getting to the stage where either my strategy doesn't work and I'm trounced (usually due to them pulling weird tricky cards that ive never seen before), or it becomes far too easy to win by 150+ points.

Only real issue with the game though is it crashes a lot. Sometimes even when loading the game and it gets to the "This game has an Autosave feature" screen, it crashes there for me at least 25% of the time. Worst is if it crashes after a match and you end up having to replay it.

But it's not enough to put me off because for the most part it's a great game. Easy to quickly pick up and play a match or two, or sink a few hours into at a time in front of the fire with a beer.

Shady Part Of Me. Only a fiver in current sale and highly recommend. You play two personalities of one person working together in a wonderful platform/puzzler, none of the puzzles are too taxing but they are hugely satisfying

Gave Ghost of a Tale a try on PSNow and finished it before Christmas. It’s a slow burner, but not a bad little game at all. I picked up Jedi Fallen Order in the new PlayStation sale and platinumed it today. Overall it was a fun game but it could have been a little bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Would there be many people still playing Battlefield 1 on PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The Astro games are superb... easily up there with Mario imho. Astrobot on PSVR is probably the killer app for the PSVR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just wanted to drop in to say Days Gone is really good.

Glad your enjoying it. It gets a bit of a marmite reaction but it's my number 1 PS4 game by some distance. Will likely give it another playthrough soon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not sure how up to date this is, but if it's recent, there were about 8000 people on PSN playing it in October. https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

And I'd also like to echo TPP's on the fence review of Days Gone. Except I didn't get far enough to get whatever it is that apparantly makes the game better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Currently playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning which was one of the November PS+ games. Thoroughly enjoying it and finding it very comforting. It does nothing new but merely wraps its arms around me and harks back to when Fable and Fable 2 came out, I played them to death. The combat feels nice and meaty, there are oodles of different weapons to try out and a nice little stealth option. The only thing I'll say is that it is very easy, I've bumped the difficulty to hard which I never do and Im finding it manageable and may bump it again as I continue levelling up. Anyway, its a fun little hack and slash romp with loads of random encounters and missions. Worth a play for fans of the likes of Fable or Diablo although its nowhere near as frenetic as Diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Loved that game when I played it on the 360. Started a playthrough when it came to Plus but got distracted. Great little game, as you said it didn't do anything new at the time, but it did what it did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Snap ! Just added a beautifully formatted post on what have I completed 2022 thread re: AC Odyssey.

Advertisement