Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Lofidelity

SummerK wrote: »

Barragan price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭maddness

Lofidelity wrote: »
    Barragan price

Great value but bit M Sport plus as stated in the ad. The only visible extra is the Pro Nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's too cheap imo. Cheapest 2017 320d M Sport auto for sale on carsireland.ie is asking 23,950. It's also an original UK car and the seller also has a caravan and a tipper truck for sale too. I'd be doing a detailed history check on that car especially a check in the UK with the old UK reg for evidence of it being a Cat D or C write off. A similar cheapish 530d was mentioned here a few weeks ago too that ended up being a Cat D write off. If something is cheap then it's cheap for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

When you want to help a friend and you dont care about pics...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011-renault-traffic-swb-9-seater-bus-1-9-diesel/24649443

Social distancing from a Renault Traffic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭carsfan2

This looks like a nice buy to me especially with a two year warranty.
    Full spec and nice colour combo. Appears to have an after market exhaust system as I am pretty sure they normally have dual pipes on the left as standard.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/4-series/fpa/202003108249795

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

kalkat2002 wrote: »

That’s not how you do screenshots!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Jesus, way to go and turn two desirable cars into a horror show.

Each to their own, but not for me.

Edit - Seller also saying that it is a RS2000 shell, but a reg check shows it as a 1300e. Whats that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-civic-ej3-vti/24658071

NTRhMjY2N2ZjMTE1YjRmYWY1NzYwMjY4YjRiMzkyOGTyfWN_HS3yF6PyyuSIOfJoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU3MTkxNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NzExMzQ2ZTMzNjE3MDJlZmRjOTMzZjA3ZmQ5NGRkOTi3MXbJ8Jz2vnQCf4BwhBFYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU3MTkxNDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is very interesting, looks like an OEM reversing camera...on a 97 civic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Tzardine wrote: »
    Jesus, way to go and turn two desirable cars into a horror show.

Each to their own, but not for me.

Edit - Seller also saying that it is a RS2000 shell, but a reg check shows it as a 1300e. Whats that about?
    Fonda Civcort

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-civic-ej3-vti/24658071

NTRhMjY2N2ZjMTE1YjRmYWY1NzYwMjY4YjRiMzkyOGTyfWN_HS3yF6PyyuSIOfJoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU3MTkxNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NzExMzQ2ZTMzNjE3MDJlZmRjOTMzZjA3ZmQ5NGRkOTi3MXbJ8Jz2vnQCf4BwhBFYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU3MTkxNDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is very interesting, looks like an OEM reversing camera...on a 97 civic!
    SatNav

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The price is good for that Civic, even being an auto. Was expecting to see it priced €2500-3k. It looks very good.

That centre console looks totally different to the Civic originally sold here. Looks alot more modern for the time of that model even for a JDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Was it even available here or a solely JDM option?

Merc weren't even putting sat nav into the S Class until a few years later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Solely JDM, and there was no English option at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Solely JDM, and there was no English option at all

Vti was a euro model, wasn't it? I've never seen a jdm vti.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭selectamatic

pablo128 wrote: »
    Vti was a euro model, wasn't it? I've never seen a jdm vti.

There was a bit of a crossover with model naming. Ek3 vti were jdm 1.5 d15 engine.

Different to the eudm ek4 1.6 b16 vti

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Tidy mercedes c class 2008
    http://www.adverts.ie/20186603

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Toyota were using it in the 80s and early 90s. Amazing compared to the basic stuff we got here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Here’s what they look like up close

28-B7441-F-B20-D-4017-92-DE-961-AD7-AFD7-D6.jpg

I’m guessing the controller on the left detaches. (Looking at it now that looks like a switch by go from nav to audio)

The whole thing is very Volvo-ish.

Edit.
    Loads of nice info in this eBay listing
    http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=300931241123&pm=1&ds=0&t=1444615277640

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Does the dreaded old timing chain issue present itself with the 3l diesel beamer engine? Beautiful car. Wonder if it comes with adaptive dampers and adaptive headlights as part of the luxury package. Don't see many luxury's on the road these days.
    No adaptive dampers and I guess no adaptive lights. I guess ride quality should be ok since it does not have stiffer M-Sport suspension.
    Timing chain & EGR could be a problem since car has done over 60K miles and we don't know if these miles are more of a motorway or city miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-520d-f10-m-sport-184bhp-2014/24507695

Thoughts?

Been considering a 520 for sometime now, I think this is a decent price. I'd be spending a bit more to get black alloys is all.

Only snag could be timing belt? It doesn't mention it has been changed and car is on 120k

Who buys a manual 5 Series these days? The autos are so much better and more suited to cars in that class. It's also a fairly basic spec M Sport, this one has similar mileage for the same money but it's auto and has the wider pro nav screen:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2537815&r=s.php%3Fm%3D10%26o%3D87%26r%3D2014%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

BTW they have a timing chain rather than a belt and on that engine they are common enough to stretch or snap. At that mileage I'd be budgeting to replace it or buy one that has already had it replaced. There is also a recall on the EGR cooler to be replaced.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Who buys a manual 5 Series these days? The autos are so much better and more suited to cars in that class. It's also a fairly basic spec M Sport, this one has similar mileage for the same money but it's auto and has the wider pro nav screen:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2537815&r=s.php%3Fm%3D10%26o%3D87%26r%3D2014%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

BTW they have a timing chain rather than a belt and on that engine they are common enough to stretch or snap. At that mileage I'd be budgeting to replace it or buy one that has already had it replaced. There is also a recall on the EGR cooler to be replaced.

Cheers for that, my non auto head just wouldn't spot these things. All noted

RE the manual drive not much of a consideration for me, i'd drive either.

I'm trying to find a white one then fit the black alloys onto it, it's a look i really like

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

bazz26 wrote: »
    What is average life of timing chain and what would be cost of replacing timing chain and EGR cooler? Would cost be similar for 3L Diesel engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭maddness

1123heavy wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-520d-f10-m-sport-184bhp-2014/24507695

Thoughts?

Been considering a 520 for sometime now, I think this is a decent price. I'd be spending a bit more to get black alloys is all.

Only snag could be timing belt? It doesn't mention it has been changed and car is on 120k

I had a 5 series very similar to that one, don’t do it. The manual box is absolutely horrible in it.

maddness wrote: »
    I had a 5 series very similar to that one, don’t do it. The manual box is absolutely horrible in it.

Thanks for the heads up

• Advertisement

SummerK wrote: »
    What is average life of timing chain and what would be cost of replacing timing chain and EGR cooler? Would cost be similar for 3L Diesel engine?

There is no average life span of those chains, they can stretch/snap at low mileage and/or at high mileage. Frequent oil changes claims to help but that's not an exact science with a design flaw. It costs about €1200 for a new chain from an independent garage, the chain is located at the back of the engine next to the bulkhead so it's labour intensive but many mechanics are familiar with changing them at this stage. 3.0 litre engine has the same design as the 2.0 litre but not as common on them due to less of them sold. EGR cooler should be replaced by BMW under a recall free of charge.

Advertisement