Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Wegians89

They'll have had some camps already and will have more then some warm up games like usual around christmas with provincial sides likely opponents like previous years

No named squads at this stage though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Wegians89 wrote: »
    No named squads at this stage though?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Leinster5 wrote: »
    To be honest, it is way too early to suggest a potential league standing. There obviously is the Top 2, with Lansdowne looking solid but I'd almost argue the other 5 are all battling for Top 4. I'd also back Blackrock to finish 7th or 6th with the talent they apparently have. Navan were a shambles years ago only to go on a great run post Christmas. Clontarf last year also upped it a gear or two after Christmas it seemed last year.

Most of Rocks better 20s players are up with their first XV so unless they've a game on a weekend of no AIL I'd say the chances of them playing for them are slim, nevermind playing for them enough to turn around their season from where they'll be challenging the others week in week out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Most of Rocks better 20s players are up with their first XV so unless they've a game on a weekend of no AIL I'd say the chances of them playing for them are slim, nevermind playing for them enough to turn around their season from where they'll be challenging the others week in week out
    They dont have that many 20s playing AIL judging by quick glance at their teamsheets of previous few AIL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Orange panda

They dont have that many 20s playing AIL judging by quick glance at their teamsheets of previous few AIL games.

Rock have 8 players (all forwards) that are legible to play for the under 20s to have played first XV rugby in the AIL already and that's not including Adam Lamour (Injured I believe) who started multiple games for the Firsts last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Rock have 8 players (all forwards) that are legible to play for the under 20s to have played first XV rugby in the AIL already and that's not including Adam Lamour (Injured I believe) who started multiple games for the Firsts last year

Given (more or less) their 20s season isn't going to go anywhere.

I imagine they will all focus on the 1s?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Andrew Savage, Steve McLoughlin, Joe Byrne, Conan Dunne, Jack Stapleton, Dan Foley, James Burke, Adam Larmour and Alan Francis have all been involved with the AIL side in the last few weeks according to their Twitter page and are all U20. Must be frustrating for their 20s as that's more or less strongest pack at that level, especially with Byrne.

Wonder what Premier 1 club loses least players to AIL side each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Blackrock vs Terenure - Terenure by 8-10 points
    Trinity vs Lansdowne - Trinity by 12+ points
    Old Belvedere vs Clontarf - Clontarf by 15+ points
    UCD vs Barnhall - UCD by 14+ points

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fixtures Out

Friday, 1st February, 2019 Ireland U20s v England U20s, Irish Independent Park, 7.15pm

Friday, 8th February, 2019, Scotland U20s v Ireland U20s, Gala RFC. 7:30pm

Friday 22nd Febraury 2019, Italy U20s v Ireland U20s, Rieti, 6:00pm (Irish time)

Friday,8th March, 2019 Ireland U20s v France U20s, Irish Independent Park, 7.15pm

Friday, 15th March, 2019 Wales U20s v Ireland U20s, Zip World Stadium, 7:05pm

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/en/u20/under_20_6_nations_match_centre.php?includeref=444&season=2018-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Anyone got any idea as to what the squad willbe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Tomtomfoolery

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea as to what the squad willbe?

2nd camp starts next week. A "whittling away" process will likely commence soon after

UCD Team v Barnhall

1 -Christopher Hennessy
    2: Bobby Sheehan
    3 - Michael Milne
    4 Conor Moore
    5 Corr Rory
    6 Robin Stokes
    7 Mark Fleming
    8 Cian Reilly
    9 Shane Murphy
    10 David Moran
    11 Alex O Grady
    12 Jay Barron
    13 David Ryan
    14 Aaron O Sullivan
    15 Luke Maloney

UCD 27 - Barnhall 22 (from looking at table Barnhall got double bonus)

Trinity 32 - Lansdowne 23

Belvo 20 - Clontarf 36

Blackrock 14 Terenure 31

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭sellit90000

If Milne can't hold up scrum the options at tighthead looking pretty thin, Thomas Clarkson and ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

If Milne can't hold up scrum the options at tighthead looking pretty thin, Thomas Clarkson and ?

Milne is the biggest prop I’ve seen at u20 level in a long time, he was the size of a professional prop when he was only 16!

Milne is the biggest prop I’ve seen at u20 level in a long time, he was the size of a professional prop when he was only 16!

Andrew Porter was bigger at u20 level.

Milne got too big while at Roscrea in 5th year, wasn't as explosive or mobile and was more injury prone.

Has relatively slimmed down now, has struggled at TH for UCD U20 since moving back there post Leinster A involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

Porter doesn't count. He's bigger than everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

He also can't hold up his side of the scrum.

smaller now than he was as a u20.

There’s pictures at Andrew porter at u20 level and there’s pictures of Milne at school level, When Andrew porter was at u20 level, Michael Milne was even bigger than him when he was still in school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Anyone wanna take a stab at a likely first xv when everyones fit?, I dont know the squad well enough to do it

There’s pictures at Andrew porter at u20 level and there’s pictures of Milne at school level, When Andrew porter was at u20 level, Michael Milne was even bigger than him when he was still in school

he really wasn't Porter was 125kg+ nearing 130kg at u20 level.

https://goo.gl/images/btmmbB
    https://goo.gl/images/iVEYvN
    https://goo.gl/images/Etp1yQ
    https://goo.gl/images/x7SsWV

convenient that you didn't pick the picture of Porter at the JWC, shame i can't post links.

Anyone wanna take a stab at a likely first xv when everyones fit?, I dont know the squad well enough to do it

1. Michael Milne
    2. Billy Scannell
    3. Thomas Clarkson
    4. Ryan Baird
    5. Charlie Ryan
    6. Niall Murray
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Azur Allison
    9. Cormac Foley
    10. Harry Byrne
    11. Aaron O'Sullivan
    12. David Hawkshaw
    13. Sean French
    14. Liam Turner
    15. Jonathan Wren

expect Stewart Moore and Angus Kernohan to be needed by Ulster.

convenient that you didn't pick the picture of Porter at the JWC, shame i can't post links.

Milne isn’t at that stage yet, he’s just out of school, which is why I didn’t post the picture of porter at jwc

1. Michael Milne
    2. Billy Scannell
    3. Thomas Clarkson
    4. Ryan Baird
    5. Charlie Ryan
    6. Niall Murray
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Azur Allison
    9. Cormac Foley
    10. Harry Byrne
    11. Aaron O'Sullivan
    12. David Hawkshaw
    13. Sean French
    14. Liam Turner
    15. Jonathan Wren

expect Stewart Moore and Angus Kernohan to be needed by Ulster.
    Who do you think will be captain and vice captains? A few former schools cup captains in that team

Milne isn’t at that stage yet, he’s just out of school, which is why I didn’t post the picture of porter at jwc

you were saying Milne was bigger in school than Porter at that stage, he was not and will not be allowed to get that big.

He is smaller/lighter now than when he got too big in school.

Who do you think will be captain and vice captains?

Penny maybe, I dunno, would be utter guess work

• Advertisement

Penny maybe, I dunno, would be utter guess work

Wouldn’t say it’s him considering he never captained Leinster at inter pros or his school team, great player tho

Advertisement