Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2018 - Starts June 21 ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Certain titles just dont appear on CDKeys,Kinguin etc.

Still find the steam sale handy for those types of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

2 games purchased since both under a fiver. Firewatch and Undertale.
    When did Steam's search get so bad? Had to try a couple of times to get results

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Glad valve dont make games anymore if the summer sale "game" is anything to go by,not like they dont have the money to throw at it to make something half decent:P

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

EoinHef wrote: »
    Glad valve dont make games anymore if the summer sale "game" is anything to go by

I'd say most / all of the games won in that Saliens game are won by people using scripts .

My haul for this sale is -

Thief

Watch_Dogs 2

Quantum Break - I think I'm about 80% finished already . I always wanted it but didn't have broadband good enough for streaming the live action episodes until recently (I now have Eir Fibre Extreme 300 :D )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I remember ages ago seeing a midweek madness sale for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It was reduced from 15 pounds to 12. This was in the last 12 months or so. I don't know when these sales got so lacklustre. I only really want Warhammer 2 Total War and that's looking like over 60 including the DLC.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

0 purchases so far, Steam search is so broken it's beyond a joke.
    Spent more on GOG than Steam this year which speaks volumes, but I'll probably pick up something before it's over.

A couple of possible hidden gems I'm looking at are;
    Kenshi - open world, post-apocalyptic, sandbox, do-anything you want, single-player RPG. Early Access but looks interesting. It's on GOG as well but never on sale there.

and/or/maybe....

Avorion - Sci-fi, Space building sandbox, single/multiplayer. Another early access one but seems promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Got myself up to Level 4 Badge and then sold the rest of the cards. In my eyes the cards are worth more as XP towards a better modifier for booster packs which can be worth a few euro vs the 1c you get per card.

Now L32 with 230 eligible titles for boosters. Zero purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

ED E wrote: »
    Got myself up to Level 4 Badge and then sold the rest of the cards. In my eyes the cards are worth more as XP towards a better modifier for booster packs which can be worth a few euro vs the 1c you get per card.

Now L32 with 230 eligible titles for boosters. Zero purchases.

It's the only reason i use the sales to get my level up. Easy money lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've been level 30 for ages and get feck all booster packs. Can't remember the last time I got one!

I've been level 30 for ages and get feck all booster packs. Can't remember the last time I got one!

You need to login at least once per week to be eligible as well as gotten all card drops for games (the more games that are eligible the better). It also goes up 20% every 10 levels..

I get one usually once a month but I've had dry spells.

• Advertisement

gazzamc wrote: »
    You need to login at least once per week to be eligible as well as gotten all card drops for games (the more games that are eligible the better). It also goes up 20% every 10 levels..

I get one usually once a month but I've had dry spells.

I know, and I do. Just don't get the luck of others, apparently.

I know, and I do. Just don't get the luck of others, apparently.

It seems to be tied to the community crafting cards, so around sales your chances are higher. A lot of people wait till the end to craft so still got a couple days left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

ninja 12 wrote: »

My haul for this sale is -

Thief

Watch_Dogs 2

I assume with watch dogs you still have to start up uplay.... One reason I never buy Ubisoft games on Steam anymore.
    Pretty sure I see it cheaper earlier in the year so will wait for the drop again.
    Might pick up the turok games for nostalgia and outcast 2.0 too never had the pc able to play it when it first came out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I assume with watch dogs you still have to start up uplay.... One reason I never buy Ubisoft games on Steam anymore.
    Pretty sure I see it cheaper earlier in the year so will wait for the drop again.
    Might pick up the turok games for nostalgia and outcast 2.0 too never had the pc able to play it when it first came out :pac:

Yeah , Watch_Dogs needs Uplay .

I never had any problems with it though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Yeah , Watch_Dogs needs Uplay .

I never had any problems with it though .

Ah me either I just hate that they make you do it cause it's pointless. Sell it on Steam launch through steam otherwise don't sell it on Steam me just being picky really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Only had a proper look this morning. Every time I remembered the sale, I wasn't near my computer. Added €50 to my wallet. Got Witcher 3 GOTY, Planet Coaster and Prey. Happy with that.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

What time does sale end today? 6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

usually yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Just got sniper elite 4 70% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Got Endless Space 2 and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun yesterday, and Syrian Warfare just now.

Really considering Cold Waters (only 30% off though) and Hearts of Iron 4, but I don't have a huge amount of free time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »

I tried to play that last night. The tutorial is absolutely useless. Gave up

Last minute haul:

Homefront: The Revolution - Expansion Pass
    CAPSULE
    NEO Scavenger
    Mountain
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Don't Starve - Reign of Giants
    Don't Starve - Shipwrecked

Didn't buy anything in the end, though had stuff in the basket on a few occasions. I'll wait for Christmas, by which time I'll hopefully have cleared a swathe from my backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

gazzamc wrote: »
    Last minute haul:

Homefront: The Revolution - Expansion Pass
    CAPSULE
    NEO Scavenger
    Mountain
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Don't Starve - Reign of Giants
    Don't Starve - Shipwrecked
    Let me know how you get on with it!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I tried to play that last night. The tutorial is absolutely useless. Gave up

You definitely need to watch some tutorial videos on Youtube. Will take some time to understand it.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on with it!

Will do, it's been recommended a lot so i said i grab it while it was cheap :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

NEO Scavenger is fun but it is seriously unforgiving and the early parts of the game are very difficult as you are so vulnerable.

Must reinstall and give it another go

Advertisement