Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2018 - Starts June 21 ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Pugzilla wrote: »
    What's the delivery time like for steam hardware such as the controller and link to Ireland?

Got the link during a sale in Jan. Shipped in 2 days after ordering. Arrived a week later. So good overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭romperstomper

€2.75, I think postage is €13.50 though.

I'm getting this just to give the extra controllers I have kicking around the place a job to do. I'm guessing other people own older 360/ps3 controllers that don't see a lot of use these days?
    http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_compatible_controllers_with_Steam_Link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The only price thats really standing out for me so far is Vanquish at €6.79.

Thats the lowest ive ever seen it anywhere. Ill probably pick that up and have a deeper dive of the sale prices over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Probably pick up ETS2: Le Blue and SuperHot VR.

Hoping to get both under €20

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I'm getting this just to give the extra controllers I have kicking around the place a job to do. I'm guessing other people own older 360/ps3 controllers that don't see a lot of use these days?
    http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_compatible_controllers_with_Steam_Link

I got a Xbox 360 aftermarket controller which I use for platformers, third person, racing games. Never owned a Xbox, but its Microsoft so no issues ever with windows compatibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bayonetta also reduced to €6.79.

So bought that and Vanquish,pretty sure thats me done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Picked up the Controller, Steam Link, and Prey.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Star ocean 4 for 15 , hope its good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I bought Divinity Original Sin 2. Wasn't that much cheaper, but its been on the list for a while.
    Star ocean 4 for 15 , hope its good!
    I played, and enjoyed it, back when it was originally released. If you've played any of the other Star Ocean games, you know what to expect.

• Advertisement

Picked up FFIV and Tesla Vs Lovecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

€2.75, I think postage is €13.50 though.

I already have one of these that I don't use but still tempted to pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Managed to get:

SuperHot VR for €13.86
    ETS2: Viva le Franc for €3.60
    The Long Dark for €6.15

Total: €23.61

That's me done til Christmas!

Remouad wrote: »
    I already have one of these that I don't use but still tempted to pick this up.

There is an app you can use now with smart tvs for free.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/9/17337612/steam-link-mobile-android

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

There is an app you can use now with smart tvs for free.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/9/17337612/steam-link-mobile-android

yes but the link is a lot cheaper than a new TV :)

Also I'd be using it to stream to a projector.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There appears to be a beta android app too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Its gone quiet here

We all out in the sun or the sale not getting your attention

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's been pretty pants as steam sales go imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Steam Summer Sales have been steadily declining in quality over the last few years but they really hit rock bottom this year. Disappointing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's not just that they've dumped the flash sales, or new daily deals... A lot of the individual discounts are actually smaller than in previous years. I only return for the cards now, to sell on the market. But it's even a chore going through the discovery queue now, given how much shite shovelware is on Steam these days. Never thought I'd say it, but given the choice, I'd prefer my games on other platforms now.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I bought most of the games I'm interested in at previous sales. Nothing left that really interests me, especially since I'm trying to work through a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hollow Knight. Dont see anything else, maybe Vanquish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I only return for the cards now, to sell on the market. But it's even a chore going through the discovery queue now,

I have an Autojoin Queue installed which cycles through it in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Lego marvel super heroes
    rocket league
    into the breach

as a longtime fan of FTL, I had high hopes. So far I am more than satisfied and I love the fact that I can get a game in 10-15m. no grind here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Skerries wrote: »
    I have an Autojoin Queue installed which cycles through it in seconds

I'll look into that, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

I use steam to find games i'll be interested in and then search for a cheaper price elsewhere, the sales are nothing amazing and can be found cheaper on various other sites. So far I've grabbed:

Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition
    Mad Max
    Homefront: The Revolution
    Lords Of The Fallen Digital Deluxe Edition
    Dishonored 2
    Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
    Offworld Trading Company

All that for 60eur :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just make sure you have the Enhanced Steam browser plugin and you'll find the best prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

This is one of the better sales recommendations videos I've come across, nice range of prices too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhSZYMN8HPs

Have to say without the flash sales they really aren't the same.

Thought it was ok myself. Picked up Victor Vran, FFXV, Starbound and Pillars Of Eternity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Thought it was ok myself. Picked up Victor Vran, FFXV, Starbound and Pillars Of Eternity.

They'll keep you going for a while, and on the cheap too. Good choices.

Advertisement