Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2018 - Starts June 21 ?

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm guessing this will start at around 6 or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Yes ... Always at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

weisses wrote: »
    Fresh ssd installed :D
    Pfft, you don't buy games to play them do you? That's not how sales work :pac:

Last few have been rubbish. Not holding my breath for this one either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Seems that within the first 3 sales you get pretty much all that you want then the 4th one you're just buying stuff for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Pfft, you don't buy games to play them do you? That's not how sales work :pac:

I need a library for my library ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Don't forget to explore your queue for extra cards to sell. Every penny counts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That time of year for this so...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGPzwZcmYp9SpdYF4Ynt-cNnP3krLLLmUSEYGUIhDGNmiK1dvlaA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOkl09xnOTkEaIvkeUSwGkGPlwVe6AEtsvbQnd6b11LHwxxgdP

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Only a few minutes left. Feels like Christmas Eve.

My current Steam backlog will take years to clear, so may as well just buy more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm guessing this will start at around 6 or so?

The servers usually **** themselves for a bit,best to try about 6.15 ive found.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Oooh, win games!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First sale in years I have a list.

Usual moan from me, but I dont like how they layout the sale page now. It was easier finding top games on reduction, now its a mess of indie garbage I need to sieve through to find anything

Servers overloaded at the moment it seems.

State of this like....either someone messed with my account preferences, or its broken, cause those games are not anything to do with my preferences.

BNkPnDZ.jpg

Just miss when they had the big hitters front and central (Fallout is my interest btw, but looking there is no sale discount applied to anything yet on them)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Discounts don't seem to have updated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

When i saw that had brought back a game, i was hopeful for the return of flash sales :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Discounts don't seem to have updated yet.

Yeah might be a case its not loading properly or something, but defo no discounts applied yet I can see when I drill into anything

TheDoc wrote: »
    State of this like....either someone messed with my account preferences, or its broken, cause those games are not anything to do with my preferences.

Weaboo?

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah might be a case its not loading properly or something, but defo no discounts applied yet I can see when I drill into anything

Click into a game they're there, and on my wishlist too. Just not the main store page yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will come back later, but looks like can get Firewatch and Undertale for less than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The 2018 Summer Sale brings the Steam Salein's game that you can play to enter game giveaways.
    Represent Steam Community groups!
    You can click the little flag above your alien in the game to represent a Steam Community group. Want to represent /r/Steam? Here is our Steam group!

The Salien game page has all information that you need on it below the main game, including both an FAQ to the game, and to trading cards.

Drawings and contest details page

How do I earn Steam Summer Sale trading cards?
    Play the Salien Game
    You can earn up to three trading cards each day by playing the Summer Salien game. Have fun and earn some rewards while you're at it!

Craft a Game Badge
    Crafting a badge for any game during the sale will get you an additional Summer Sale trading card.

Make a Purchase
    For every $10 USD spent during the sale, you’ll receive a Summer Sale trading card.

Go through your Discovery Queue
    Find games you might like and earn trading cards at the same time. Three times a day you’ll receive a trading card as a reward for viewing all 10 games in your discovery queue. Your queue will be different every time you view it, so check back often!

Buy them from the Community Market
    You can sell cards you don't need, like duplicates, and buy cards that you do need via the Steam Community Market.

Intergalactic Steam Summer Sale 2018 Badge

Trading Cards FAQ

Steam Summer Sale FAQ!
    Q: When does the sale end?

A: The 2018 Steam Summer Sale ends on Jul 5, 2018 @ 10:05am Pacific. Click here to convert it into your time.

Q: Are sale prices constant throughout the sale?

A: For the most part, yes since there are no more flash sales or daily deals. However, it is up to the developer if they wish to make changes to the percent off. Most will leave it, but some may have to correct something or put something on sale that didn't get flagged for it.

Q: Should I wait until the end of the sale to buy things?

A: Don't wait until the end of the sale As the per previous question the prices for games are going to be the same throughout the sale. If you encounter technical issues with your purchase at the end of the sale, you will miss out on the sale price. Steam will not retroactively give you the sale price once the sale ends.

If you see something you want, just buy it.

Q: Why won't the store load? Why are my downloads so slow?

A: There is severe load under Steam's servers, both store and content servers. Just give it some time, and try again later. Also, don't forget to check the server status on the sidebar.

For additional tips please visit our Download Stuttering page

Q: Can I share the games that I have with my family or friends?

A: Yes, you may do so through Family Sharing, for more information read here. However, keep in mind that redeemed games are permanently tied to your library and cannot be transferred between accounts or exchanged.

Q: Why is adding gifts to my inventory is not an option?

A: The ability to store gifts in your inventory was removed on the 4th of May 2017.

You can read more about it here.

Q: I haven't used Steam before; isn't Steam vaporized water?

A: If you're new to Steam then first of all, Welcome! And second of all, please read our New to Steam Wiki page.

Q: Can games be cheaper on other sites during the sale? What sites should I check?

A: Yes, games can be cheaper on other sites during the Steam Sale. Here is our list of safe sites to buy Steam keys from. There are many sites that sell Steam keys that practice in shady business, we recommend you only use the sites listed in that wiki page.

For more information regarding key re-sellers please read this wiki page.

Q: My Wallet/Gift Card code is damaged and I can't redeem it! What do I do?

A: If your Wallet/Gift Card code is damaged, or otherwise can't be redeemed you need to contact Steam Support with a picture of the card.

You can contact them regarding this issue here

Please note: If your code is printed directly on a receipt Steam is unable to assist you, you'll need to return to the store you purchased it from for help.

Q: I don't like the game I purchased, a game I purchased a few days ago is cheaper now, can I refund it?

A: Yes, you can refund games on Steam, even if you bought a game a few days ago and you wan't to re-purchase it during the Sale to get it for less.

To refund a game you cannot have more than 2 hours of playtime in it, and you cannot have owned it for longer than 14 days. If you have owned a game for 15 days and have 2 hours and 30 minutes of playtime you cannot refund it.

Please note: Approved refunds can take up to 7 days to appear in your account – however, refunds to international payment methods may take longer. If your refund hasn’t appeared after 7 days, please contact your bank directly and ask about pending refunds on your account.

For more information on Steam Refunds please read this official article on Steam and this Common Refund Questions article.

If you want to know how you can refund a game please read this support article on how to refund games on Steam.

Have fun and enjoy the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Steam Link is going for £2 plus postage apparently according to Hotukdeals!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Doge wrote: »
    Steam Link is going for £2 plus postage apparently according to Hotukdeals!
    €2.75, I think postage is €13.50 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

€2.75, I think postage is €13.50 though.

Still pretty good deal, I'm tempted. Also another deal with it combined with controller for 37 plus 17 shipping, its the most tempting thing for me in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Gah, I was hoping for a Spy Party discount.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'm still waiting for my Spy Party Steam key from when I early accessed the game 6 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Still pretty good deal, I'm tempted. Also another deal with it combined with controller for 37 plus 17 shipping, its the most tempting thing for me in the sale.

I would highly recommend the steam controller, its very customisable, and feels great to hold in general, can take a bit to adjust if you like PS controllers but it's closer to the 360/xbone. Also that right touch pad can be tricky at times, but you can change the DPI? Of it.

As for the link itself, it's mediocre at best. I wish they had added a bit more power to it (worse performance than a raspberry pi).. Some standalone streaming apps would have been nice.. You might be better off with a long Hdmi cable. (Mines Still in the box)

I bought both of mine for 50, and even for that I still think the controller is worth it.. Its completely replaced my 360 for controller use. Hope that helps your decision :)

• Advertisement

What's the delivery time like for steam hardware such as the controller and link to Ireland?

Advertisement