Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2018/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

DonVito wrote: »
    Disqualified for fielding ineligible players in the SF.

We lost to Bective 22-18 in the O’ Connor cup final .
    Absolute cracker of a game , Came right back into
    It & nearly nicked it at the end , They probably deserved overall as have had a good season &
    Getting to both finals means your also having a good season .
    Will enjoy the break let the body heal !

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

gaius c wrote: »
    Monkstown given suspended fine but bizarrely get to keep division 10 title after being found guilty.

That doesn't seem fair unless 2nd place team di dnot want to be promoted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Towns cup final 2019 next week end lads

whos gona win ? both former winners

Enniscorty already promoted to AIL and wont be in the cup next year

Wicklow finished 2nd in the same league and have 2 ex pros playing

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Towns cup final 2019 next week end lads

whos gona win ? both former winners

Enniscorty already promoted to AIL and wont be in the cup next year

Wicklow finished 2nd in the same league and have 2 ex pros playing
    Billy Nagwini won't be playing for Wicklow as he will be at the touch rugby world cup

Imagine Enniscorthy will win it.

Enniscorthy can play their 2nds team in towns cu. Skerries, Naas and Tullamore do that

Billy Nagwini won't be playing for Wicklow as he will be at the touch rugby world cup

Imagine Enniscorthy will win it.

Enniscorthy can play their 2nds team in towns cu. Skerries, Naas and Tullamore do that

I believe that Billy will be flying out the evening after the final so he will be playing

your right forgot about that but enniscorty 2nds would have to regrade some players and would surely be much weakened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I believe that Billy will be flying out the evening after the final so he will be playing

Correct, Billy is playing!

Will be a cracking final. Enniscorthy the favourites on paper, but have played a lot of rugby over the last few weeks with promotion to AIL taking priority. On the other hand, Wicklow have been entirely focussed on this match and will be gunning for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

10-9 to enniscorthy, Wicklow the better team on the day, but not to be in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Anyone know when the fixtures for the new season are out for Div 6-11?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

shoutman wrote: »
    Anyone know when the fixtures for the new season are out for Div 6-11?
    like any other season. Much closer to start of season. Many junior rugby set ups barely if back at all yet for pre season

487923.JPG

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    Can't help but be impressed by the success being achieved at Wesley, great strength within their junior setup and their first team really pushing on.

Always been very hospitable when playing out in Donnybrook also, so can't begrudge them their success, fair play to them.

I'm amazed that Wesley are doing so well, to be honest. I remember playing their J1 and J3 sides and they struggling to field competitive teams (8-10 years back). Their underage much have really been purring.

I'm amazed that Wesley are doing so well, to be honest. I remember playing their J1 and J3 sides and they struggling to field competitive teams (8-10 years back). Their underage much have really been purring.
    how many Dublin city senior clubs field underage at most levels most seasons? Very few.
    Wesley field some underage but more they are attracting many who come to city from round the country especially with having the 4g pitch, decent training facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

8-10 years ago their clubhouse was a kip, the pitch was an absolute shambles by February because of schools rugby and they were turfed out early on Fridays to let some drunk 14 year olds try get the shift :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Wesley have benefitted no end from the 4G going in in Donnybrook, its allowed everything to improve immensely.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Wesley have benefitted no end from the 4G going in in Donnybrook, its allowed everything to improve immensely.

Exactly, good facilities and based in town. Not really trekking up to Ballychorus anymore. Makes a lot of sense for people working in town to do training on a 4G and play on Friday/Sat/Sun whatever and be competitive

I think they field 6 sides (along with Nure and Tarf)

Exactly, good facilities and based in town. Not really trekking up to Ballychorus anymore. Makes a lot of sense for people working in town to do training on a 4G and play on Friday/Sat/Sun whatever and be competitive

I think they field 6 sides (along with Nure and Tarf)

Fvck, I forgot about Ballychorus!! What a horrid place to play

Actually vile. I think they have done a lot on the drainage etc but there, Lansdowne and themselves, but I never played at any great level so always seemed to be up there.Fairly grim of a Friday night in December

Actually vile. I think they have done a lot on the drainage etc but there, Lansdowne and themselves, but I never played at any great level so always seemed to be up there.Fairly grim of a Friday night in December

I played J3/2/1 matches there and coached J6/5/3 it never got better, no matter the level.

It's the wind I hated up there, Jesus it would cut through you.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

much improved now id say in the last few years. pitch doesnt get a lot of use so its in great nick. bar the weather ballycorus is fine these days.

much improved now id say in the last few years. pitch doesnt get a lot of use so its in great nick. bar the weather ballycorus is fine these days.

Honestly, for those of you still playing, I would happily play in Ballychorus every week (the old conditions) if I still could play.
    Enjoy every minute of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

They've got an underage league of ireland team playing on the top pitch (used to be the main one maybe?) sees very little use from either club now, maybe some minis still use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Edmc123

Did does seem that over last few years that Wesley have gone from strength to strength but Bective on the other side of the ground have seemed to have taken a small step back

Edmc123 wrote: »
    Did does seem that over last few years that Wesley have gone from strength to strength but Bective on the other side of the ground have seemed to have taken a small step back

A massive step back, really lucky not to be relegated to Leinster League 1B last year.

3 relegations in 5 years I think they had.

A massive step back, really lucky not to be relegated to Leinster League 1B last year.

3 relegations in 5 years I think they had.

think they though that the standard in 1A was less than it is and nearly got caught out ,

that 4 g pitch is a balls of a job to play on too , for a forward anyway

Bective paying price for poor decisions over years. Were very static in old division 2 for years. Never really challenging for promotion or relegation then just struggled over years as league went on and more new clubs came up from across the country.
    Traditionally were a club many guys from down the country joined in the capital but long time since that was case.
    Plenty kids play minis there but just dont return to club after school if still playing. Cathal Marsh, Rory O Loughlin just some of guys who've went pro who played their minis there.
    Need to try start field some sides at u13 to u18 to try get more kids involved in club to try get them for adult rugby
    Were 2A until 14/15 then 2 seasons in 2B before relegation from 2C in 17/18

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Their club house needs a serious renovation too. Would be great to see them get a new building like Wesley.

think they though that the standard in 1A was less than it is and nearly got caught out ,

It is a hell of a lot better than the sand pit/car park that used to be there.

Their club house needs a serious renovation too. Would be great to see them get a new building like Wesley.
    harder when they cant do much with houses right behind and light etc.

Also wouldnt have membership, numbers that wesley have.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Bective in line for new clubhouse over the next few years the car park will go and clubhouse moved forward as Wesley’s is at other end with multi storey apartments possibly going behind where existing clubhouse is, planning permission granted and lapsed and think Re applied for but maybe still a few years away

• Advertisement

I loved playing on the Lansdowne artificial pitch and I was a lumbering, wobbling, and jiggling loose head

Advertisement