Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

RobertKK wrote: »
    This year I had 57 days with 2.0mm or more, today is the 181st day of the year.
    Looking at my data for the last 6.5 years 2012 to end of June 2018 inclusive, the average with 2mm or more is 111 days a year.
    The average for 0.2mm or more is 250 days, so on average about 3.8 months of no rain for my location.
    Say what :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sjb25 wrote: »
    Call the fire brigade let em pay the call out fee soften his cough :)

Exactly,give his name when you are asked while reporting it.
    There's really some absolute fook wits in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The yo-yo show of the different models on tomorrow's rain is probably due to the fact that any precipitation will likely be from upper levels. Different models may be differently handling its evaporation on the way down, some evaporating it, others having it reach the ground. In any case, if we do get any it'll probably not be worth a shyte.

Beautiful here in Carrick-on-Shannon. Some cumuli tried to bubble up earlier but didn't get far and now it's clear skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hooter23 wrote: »
    I can see now why countries in the Mediterranean have a Siesta in the afternoon this weather would wreck ya:pac:

I’ve been going into work much earlier these days, only way to get anything done and can see why they do this in Spain and places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

A lot more heavy out today, bit of a breeze out but indoors is a killer , barely a breath of air..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Beautiful here in Carrick-on-Shannon. Some cumuli tried to bubble up earlier but didn't get far and now it's clear skies.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

21.7c in West Clare currently, however 71% humidity, as opposed to 25-35% all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Please read rte report.. https://www.rte.ie/news/weather/2018/0630/974334-ireland-heatwave/

2. Restrict unnecessary water useage and ensure a supply throughout the summer even if it stays dry.

I can't see anything about a current shortage except by second rate "journalists" in tabloid rags.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Exactly,give his name when you are asked while reporting it.
    There's really some absolute fook wits in this country.

Years ago a man near me set a fire near his home. Way out in the country, during the no fire season..

I was thinking I needed to report it when there were two great explosions and thick black smoke billowed.. called it in.

Later I learned that everyone for miles around saw it and did nothing.. that he had set his shed on fire, where the oil tank was. Could have been killed. Someone has to call it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Our gombeen of a neighbour has lit a bonfire in his garden near some trees.

Call the gardai. There was a red warning issued to local authorities by Chief Fire Officers last week prohibiting all fires until further notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The temperature has been rising her for the past hour, currently 29.8C, virtually calm conditions and blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

What is the difference between fine and fair on Met Eireann reports?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

JCX BXC wrote: »
    21.7c in West Clare currently, however 71% humidity, as opposed to 25-35% all week.

Not where I am, are you sitting in a freezer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

RobertKK wrote: »
    What is the difference between fine and fair on Met Eireann reports?

Fine is a clear sunny sky, fair is scattered clouds but not partly cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

nthclare wrote: »
    Not where I am, are you sitting in a freezer ?

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's not turned cold here in cork but it's certainly clouded over and dropped in temperature a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please read rte report.. https://www.rte.ie/news/weather/2018/0630/974334-ireland-heatwave/

2. Restrict unnecessary water useage and ensure a supply throughout the summer even if it stays dry.

I can't see anything about a current shortage except by second rate "journalists" in tabloid rags.
    [/QUOTE]

Did you give a link to a correct report? Nothing in that to say there is a shortage, rather it is correctly saying that to manage supply restrictions are to be put in place.

And its rte and not a sensationalist rag, hence its a more reliable source of news.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

In spite of it feeling chillier, it's still a grand day, not bad at all. This is a reflection of what a beautiful month June was. Think I'd have to say that it's my favourite June I've experienced in my life so far beating 2010.

Been out to Howth today.

KtbCAFZ.jpg

SNGhDdU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just drove up through the Sally Gap. Gorse on fire everywhere, flames right out to the side of the road at one point. Visibility was getting poor and there are few safe turning places on the Military Road, so I was about to turn back, but came upon a Fire Officer in a jeep and asked him if it was safe to go on. He said that it was but he followed me out and when we got down to the Sally Gap itself he had coned off the road. Had to moved the cones to get out and presumably he replaced them behind me.

Forgot to hit record on the dashcam at that point but this pic from the M11 shows how dry everyting is. You'd be forgiven for mistaking it for Spain:
    (no, not hogging the overtaking lane, just passed a car ;) )

dee764005b75edb4da8eba8ce312c5a2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A cloudier afternoon today in Castlebar, it reached 27.8 earlier in the day, but only 22.3C currently with a slight breeze out, twice as humid today then the last 3 days when it got over 30C here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Coming out of the winter we had, there was a lot of dead old vegetation around and that’s become like a tinder box in this heat. Not surprised by all the fires we are having

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

hirlamuk-41-27-0.png?30-18

Status Yellow - High-Temperature warning for Munster and Leinster
    On Sunday, temperatures in excess of 27 degrees are expected in parts of Leinster and Munster.

Issued: Saturday 30 June 2018 11:00

Updated: Saturday 30 June 2018 11:00

Valid from Saturday 30 June 2018 11:00 to Sunday 01 July 2018 21:00

https://www.met.ie/warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I would think the nationwide hose ban is imminent this evening....
    With no end in sight and heat re intensifing next week water will quickly empty in resorvoirs
    As for the farmers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Galway beaches look chilly for tomorrow going by that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Highest temperature today was 28 point something in Athenry - Joan Blackburn.

New Moon

Galway beaches look chilly for tomorrow going by that map.

Nah,just back to normal Irish summer. :)

Saw the BBC's forecast and from the looks of it thunderstorms and showers reaching Cornwall and South Wales at best by tomorrow evening before petering out. The East and SE of Ireland looking like staying fine and dry again while the West has more cloud cover.

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Highest temperature today was 28 point something in Athenry - Joan Blackburn.

We may change the ballad from Low lie the fields to Burnt are the fields of Athenry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Where are you?

I was in Quilty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Xenji wrote: »
    A cloudier afternoon today in Castlebar, it reached 27.8 earlier in the day, but only 22.3C currently with a slight breeze out, twice as humid today then the last 3 days when it got over 30C here.

Temps a more modest mid 20s at the moment here but feels even dirtier and stickier than the last few days which is saying a lot.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Temps a more modest mid 20s at the moment here but feels even dirtier and stickier than the last few days which is saying a lot.

I've been dreading the inevitable rise in humidity. I think the east will get our comeuppance next week after all these low humidy mid 20s sea breeze days. Some freaks will like it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement