Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailed for putting up a Racist Sticker Political Correctness gone mad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Odhinn

robp wrote: »
    The posters concerned here are not far right, nor is anyone saying "close the Mosques", "ban the Quran", "deport them".

...except the OP, who has called for Islam to be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The posters concerned here are not far right, nor is anyone saying "close the Mosques", "ban the Quran", "deport them".

Some are. And if someone is advocating support for a banned violent neo-Nazi organisation's right to put up posters then what would you call them?

Likewise the far right across Europe are advocating banning Islamic face coverings, the Quran and advocating deportation while simultaneously claiming they want free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Could be worse.

Putting a rasher on a mosque door handle gets the death sentence.

Even turkey rashers???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Odhinn wrote: »

If that is true fair enough but the fast majority of people look for more free speech are not. Very very few people want to ban Islam and the only examples of such anti Muslim restrictions being realised were in leftie regimes such as in France and previously Turkey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

FTA69 wrote: »

Some are. And if someone is advocating support for a banned violent neo-Nazi organisation's right to put up posters then what would you call them?

Likewise the far right across Europe are advocating banning Islamic face coverings, the Quran and advocating deportation while simultaneously claiming they want free speech.
    If these 'dangerous' people are so real then we will all see them for what they are. The reality is people are well able to think for themselves and the far right pose no real threat of expanding significantly anywhere in Western Europe and probably all of Europe. The IRA is a banned organisation yet pro IRA t shirts are sold on Sinn Fein's website. Why aren't you push for banning that too? We need a constitutional article for protection of free speech.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

jim salter wrote: »
    Even turkey rashers???

No such thing as turkey rashers infidel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

We need a constitutional article for protection of free speech.

Article 40.6.1 says hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

wexie wrote: »
    No such thing as turkey rashers infidel!!!

Turkey Rashers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

jim salter wrote: »

Those things are kinda the reverse of some of the posters here.

Turkey rashers claiming to be something they aren't.

The posters claiming they're not something they are

In both cases it's lies

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Turkey rashers are alright on a bagel. Big of spinach, some melted cheese. You could do worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Why is it you think nazis should have freedom of speech, but not muslims?

I have never heard of Muslims being jailed for putting up stickers.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Would a sticker saying 'Kill All Jews/Dubs/Irish/Whites/Men/Women/Whatever you are yourself' just be a sticker?

Cop on

From the reports none of those stickers put up called for violence.

Absolutely given that Islam is responsible for mass rape and almost daily terrorism we need stop it getting a foot hold in Ireland.

But that does not mean shutting down freedom of speech.

We need a better Immigration policy to deal with the problem of Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Dr Brown wrote: »

No arrests made for enforcing Sharia Law. Anjem Choudary is out this year too free to hate preach while Tommy is denied the right to speak the truth.

Geert Wilders summed it up he said that he doesn't support banning books since Mein Kampf got banned in the Netherlands which was applauded by the left then so should the Qur'an which is equally as hateful however the left have put their usual tags on him such as Islamphobe and a Racist even though a phobia is irrational fear and it's perfectly rational to fear a 7th century ideology which wants global dominance and Islam is not a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Ipso wrote: »
    It may be old but should it be illegal?
    White supremacists are knobs, but making martyrs of them won’t help.
    The next time a bunch of grown men lose the plot over a Satanic Verses or cartoon, will they be jailed?

Martyrs die.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Or we could just not slag them on their appearance.

Seriously though, if it was a bunch of young wans, complete with blue hair and feminist slogans, or blacks lads with Black Lives Matter banners, people would call out people slagging them based on what they look like.

So either slag noone, or slag everyone.

I'm in no way defending these fools, before anyone even thinks I am.

Ach, chill !
    I am the last person on earth who would slag people off or laugh at anyone's appearance. These fools however ? You do know what the supremacy stands for, I presume.
    We could talk about their intellect, but that would be a non starter.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Good to see the Brit cops go after the thought criminals. Be nice if they would do something about the Pakistani rape gangs but oh well, can't have everything.
    88HH:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dr Brown wrote:
    Islam is a VERY dangerous religion and should be banned. IMO.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106897139&postcount=1498

Dr Brown wrote:
    Absolutely given that Islam is responsible for mass rape and almost daily terrorism we need stop it getting a foot hold in Ireland.

Banning Islam means you shut down freedom of speech.

Dr Brown wrote:
    While I don't support this group I think everyone should have the right to freedom of speech.

Evidently "everyone" extends to racist far right members of a banned organisation but not over a billion members of a religion you have no time for.

Banning Islam means you shut down freedom of speech.

Evidently "everyone" extends to racist far right members of a banned organisation but not over a billion members of a religion you have no time for.

It's quite simple either ban Facism and Islam or don't ban either. Both preach hate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

This week it was  "white supremacists" who were jailed for their political beliefs next time it could be UKIP supporters.

"First they came for the white supremacists, and I spoke out. Because I am also a white supremacist."
    Brilliant, laughed out loud :D

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It's quite simple either ban Facism and Islam or don't ban either. Both preach hate

Islam as a term - much like "protestantism" - covers a vast multitude of views.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Whenever someone claims Tommy Robinson to be a racist they never provide a direct quote to substantiate their claim, but I've great faith in you, you're going to be different and post a racist quote attributed to the guy from a reputable source.

He’s a self-proclaimed Zionist. Zionism is a political ideology that native Palestinians should be ethnically cleansed from their homeland to make way for foreigners.

He’s also a supporter of the British army, one of the leading fanatically racist terrorist organisations over the last 200-300 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

We need a better Immigration policy to deal with the problem of Islam.

Would you support the proscribing of the RC Church as well as FF/FG/Labour who all facilitated their terror?

Islam as a term - much like "protestantism" - covers a vast multitude of views.

So you can have a 'Moderate Muslim' but you can't have a 'Moderate Facist'. Muslims interpret the Qur'an to suit their beliefs so can Fascists interpret Mein Kampf to suit their beliefs and views

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

You guys and your white identity. Does it ever get old?.

Its not our fault that we are clearly superior in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Nah we just point out that he was in the BNP and supports Generation Identity, whereupon people like you trot out some mad excuse as to how he was a member of and current supporter of racist organisations.

You don't find it highly unusual that for such a supposed racist with incredibly detailed social media history, you can't mine a single quote from his past that would prove him to be racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You don't find it highly unusual that for such a supposed racist with incredibly detailed social media history, you can't mine a single quote from his past that would prove him to be racist?

I grew up in the UK in the 70's. Where my great grandmother lived they built a new estate and several black families moved into the area. My great grandmother never ever used a racist term about them but would cross the street if she seen a black person walking towards her.

She would refer to them as the foreigners or just "them from over the road" and at one point refuse to use her local post office because a black woman got a job there.

To me she was a racist because of her beliefs even though she never used racist language. Tommy Robinson is of the same mindset. You don't have to publicly use racist language to be a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

So why is he supporting Generation Identity if he doesn’t agree with their beliefs? An organisation which wants to repatriate non-whites?

It’s gas like, cos no video exists of him jumping up and down shouting about blacks or whatever you’re prepared to ignore his political support for very blatant racist organisations as if it never happened or if it isn’t happening.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Zionism is a political ideology that native Palestinians should be ethnically cleansed from their homeland to make way for foreigners.

In the current state of Israel which has existed for almost a century, who are the natives in your hypothesis? And who are the foreigners? Is one who was born in Israel to parents who were also born in Israel not "native" in your eyes if they happen to be Jewish.

Ethnic cleansing is all too real when one only looks at the decimation of Jewish peoples throughout every middle eastern nation over the past century, whilst in Israel, 1,500,000 of the population are Muslims with equal rights and opportunites.

• Advertisement

An organisation which wants to repatriate non-whites?.

Can you provide a reputable source for this claim please?

It's just I don't see this mentioned anywhere on their website.

Advertisement