Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailed for putting up a Racist Sticker Political Correctness gone mad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

A terrible injustice happened there. I would contact Amnesty International OP, they like to help those prosecuted for their political beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

People are jailed for vandalism in the UK all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Dr Brown wrote: »
    If we are to jail people who spout hate then why not also jail feminists because they spout hate against men ?

You see where this is leading jailing people because we don't like their political opinions is going down a very dangerous road.

I think this group are a bunch of clowns but I don't agree with jailing them for non violent offenses.

This week it was "white supremacists" who were jailed for their political beliefs next time it could be UKIP supporters.

Either we have freedom of speech for everybody or we don't have free speech at all.

But haven't you said that Islam should be banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

If we are to jail people who spout hate then why not also jail feminists because they spout hate against men ?

You see where this is leading jailing people because we don't like their political opinions is going down a very dangerous road.

I think this group are a bunch of clowns but I don't agree with jailing them for non violent offenses.

This week it was "white supremacists" who were jailed for their political beliefs next time it could be UKIP supporters.

Either we have freedom of speech for everybody or we don't have free speech at all.

Quoting from your post

" I think this group are a bunch of clowns but I don't agree with jailing them for non violent offenses. "

+1 Concur with your point. stickers however offensive shouldn,t be a crime as expressing ones opinion in a blunt way isn,t violence .

Vs recent reports about some of their members plotting terror by all means arrest & charge anyone plotting terror or violence be it they be right wing or left wing groups.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/national-action-terror-plot-rosie-cooper-murder-labour-mp-jack-renshaw-nazi-a8395026.html

" This week it was "white supremacists" who were jailed for their political beliefs next time it could be UKIP supporters. "

Anti abortion protesters in the Uk in past years have also being arrested + trialled for display of their banners, something I also equally disagreed with as they weren,t committing any violence only putting their point across in a blunt way.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/8010836/Anti-abortion-activists-arrested-over-graphic-banner.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-19630472

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

National Action are an illegal organisation whose supporters have murdered people and who are currently being tried for plotting the murder of a Labour MP with a machete. There are also laws against incitement to hatred.
    They weren't jailed for stickers, but for participation in a proscribed terrorist organisation, but yeah they're the same as the Goldsmiths feminist society alright.

As usual the far right are dealing in half-truths and outright lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Most also don't seem to understand that there is a difference between US laws and laws in most European countries. Hate speech is protected in US and illegal in most of Europe. Those boys were too dumb to paste stickers in the right country..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Stickers isn't speech. It's actively disseminating fascist inspired material. It's not the same as 'free speech' at all.

If feminists were spreading hate through the use of stickers or posters or whatever then I'd agree they should be prosecuted too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

National Action is a terrorist organisation in the UK, yes? Membership of which is banned.

You seem to be defending a terrorist, OP. Are you opposed to jailing all terrorists or just this particular terrorist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

"First they came for the white supremacists, and I spoke out. Because I am also a white supremacist."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Peregrine wrote: »
    National Action is a terrorist organisation in the UK, yes? Membership of which is banned.

You seem to be defending a terrorist, OP. Are you opposed to jailing all terrorists or just this particular terrorist?

By all means they should jail people for terrorism but not for putting up stickers.

That's the sort of law you would get in North Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

By all means they should jail people for terrorism but not for putting up stickers.

Out of interest, have you ever avoided hyperbole, been consistent, and/or made sense?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Jail all sticker putter uppers. regardless of politics.

They're on par with taggers. dirty nuisances.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Unbelievable that in the UK you can be jailed for putting up a few stickers.

While I don't support this group I think everyone should have the right to freedom of speech.

The police in the UK don't seem to be as quick to arrest Muslims who openly promote ISIS.

Sure they do. Maybe if you actually googled this crap rather than going by what your head makes up, you wouldn't look so silly.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4569388/banned-terror-groups-uk-national-action/
    What other terror groups are banned under UK law?
    17 November Revolutionary Organisation (N17)
    Abdallah Azzam Brigades, including the Ziyad al Jarrah Battalions (AAB)
    Abu Nidal Organisation
    Abu Sayyaf
    Ajnad Misr
    Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya
    Al Ghurabaa
    Al-Itihaad al-Islamiya
    Al Murabitun
    Al Qa'ida
    Al-Shabaab
    Ansar al-Islam
    Ansar al-Sharia-Benghazi
    Ansar Al Sharia Tunisia
    Ansar Al Sunna
    Ansar Bayt al Maqdis
    Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis Sudan (Vanguard for the protection of Muslims in Black Africa)
    Armed Islamic Group
    Asbat al-Ansar
    Babbar Khalsa
    Balochistan Liberation Army
    Egyptian Islamic Jihad
    Global Islamic Media Front
    Groupe Islamique Combattant Marocain
    Hamas
    Harkat-ul-Jihad ul-Islami
    Harkat-ul-Jihad ul-Islami (Bangladesh)
    Harakat-Ul-Mujahideen
    Harakat Mujahideen
    Haqqani Network
    Hizballah Military Wing
    Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin
    Imarat Kavkaz
    Indian Mujahideen
    Islamic Army of Aden
    Islamic Jihad Union
    Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
    Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
    Jaish-e-Mohammed
    Jamaah Anshorut Daulah
    Jamaat ul-Ahrar
    Jammat-ul Mujahideen Bangladesh
    Jamaat Ul-Furquan
    Jaysh al Khalifatu Islamiya
    Jemaah Islamiyah
    Jund al-Aqsa
    Jund al Khalifa-Algeria
    Kateeba al Kawthar
    Partiya Karkeren Kurdistani
    Lashkar e Tayyaba
    Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam
    Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
    Minbar Ansar Deen
    Mujahidin Indonesia Timur
    National Action
    NS131
    Palestinian Islamic Jihad
    Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command
    Revolutionary Peoples' Liberation Party
    Salafist Group for Call and Combat
    Saved Sect
    Scottish Dawn
    Sipah-e Sahaba Pakistan
    Tehrik Nefaz-e Shari'at Muhammadi
    Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan
    Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan
    Turkestan Islamic Party
    Turkiye Halk Kurtulus Partisi-Cephesi
    Banned groups linked to Northern Ireland terror
    Continuity Army Council
    Cumann na mBan
    Fianna na hEireann
    Irish National Liberation Army
    Irish People's Liberation Organisation
    Irish Republican Army
    Loyalist Volunteer Force
    Orange Volunteers
    Red Hand Commando
    Saor Eire
    Ulster Defence Association
    Ulster Freedom Fighters
    Ulster Volunteer Force

Also, the group in question have called for the murders of MP's.

Yet somehow some right wing snowflakes are on here spouting off about freedom of speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

“potential to cause social unrest and racial tension"

The election of a Tory government has "potential" to cause this. If the people jailed have committed real crimes then fine, lock them up but jailing people on the above reason sets a very dangerous precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

While I wouldn,t be an expert about this group from online research they re a banned group reading this recent article, anyone planning or plotting any sort of terrorism I can understand why a such a group would be banned, its a pity certain left wing groups who openly use violence aren,t equally banned, anyone who uses violence or terrorism should be banned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/national-action-neo-nazi-uk-terror-plot-labour-mp-machete-amber-rudd-renshaw-lythgoe-a8397521.html

I looked at some of the stickers in question in that article link posted by the op
    " multiculturalism is genocide "- I think the use of the word is a bit too strong & don,t agree with it being used, but I don,t think it should be a chargeable offence, lets say hypothetically if the sticker said instead " multiculturalism has gone too far " should that be a crime to express such an opinion ? shouldn,t people have the democratic right to openly disagree with an ideology ? Some politicians have in the past called for the burka to be banned should such public statements also be an offence ? I mean where does the line get drawn when it comes to expressing ones personal opinion ? From that article to quote the judge " Sentencing the men on Wednesday, a judge said the “pernicious” stickers deposited at Aston University, Birmingham, had “potential to cause social unrest " . I,ve seen stickers before from certain dissident republican groups on poles/lamp posts " resist the occupation " etc one could also argue such statements on stickers have the potential to cause " social unrest " .

You've obviously missed all the stories about the police infiltrating left wing groups over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Reminds me of the guy who they tried to arrest for teaching his dog a Nazi salute as a joke and posting it on Facebook. I don't support this group but their entitled to their opinion especially when ISIS supporters who support Islamic fascism are entitled to their view. It's political correctness gone mad when Tommy Robinson is behind bars for speaking the truth.

Enoch Powell was right look at the stabbings and acid attacks going on in the UK atm nearly all committed by forgein nationals or second or third generations "New British".
    They didn’t just try to arrest the man they took the dog away and he was convicted too.

Tommy Robinson on the other hand broke the law. What is his real name again? The one under which he was convicted of fraud etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

People who always say "PC gone mad" are the same types who are disappointed they can't be racists anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,214 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

tigger123 wrote: »
    Apparently there are good people on both sides

Or so I've heard

Does the Trump impersonation ever get old?

Ah jaysus. How silly would a person have to be to think that I'm on here seriously trying to impersonate the President of the United States of America?

When clearly it is me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

People who always say "PC gone mad" are the same types who are disappointed they can't be racists anymore.

I think it depends on the scenario/relationship with the person....like there do be Polish lads in work who we do have slagging etc with and just general abuse etc and it's all good criac/not mean spirited

But I wouldn't head into subway and start slagging/abusing the polish/east european wan making the roll etc as ì dunno her

Speaking of which
    Islam is a VERY dangerous religion and should be banned. IMO.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106897139&postcount=1498

Not "extremist Islam", "wahabi Islam", "salafist islam" or any other caveat now, but all "Islam". Some might say - based on historical examples - that nazism is "VERY dangerous" itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why are white supremacists always so f*ck ugly ?

Behold the Master Race.

nayei94e4ubz.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

^^^^

I love that photo, I still haven't figured out what that white thing in the middle is though

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gas how so many people posting in favour of white supremacism and racism on an Irish message board seem to think that American laws and the American constitution somehow apply in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

^^^^

I love that photo, I still haven't figured out what that white thing in the middle is though

I'm 50/50 on if it's a man or woman.
    I'm also 50/50 in if it's wearing a vest or not.

Omackeral wrote: »

What should really worry us is whether or not it's been fed recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Odhinn wrote: »
    What should really worry us is whether or not it's been fed recently.

doesn't look like it's wasting away

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Omackeral wrote: »
    Shudder

Stay Puft on meth?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Gas how so many people posting in favour of white supremacism and racism on an Irish message board seem to think that American laws and the American constitution somehow apply in Europe.

Gas how they think they won't get thrown under the bus for being Celtic rather than Nordic/Anglo-Saxon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Shudder

Stay Puft on meth?

just wait, someone will come along to tell you they're not high on meth but high on freedom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Once again, you're being disingenuous. Racist terrorist puts up racist stickers in an act designed to stir up racial hatred while performing Nazi salutes and holding up the flag of a banned terrorist organisation known to be preparing for a race war. Stickers which acted as a recruitment tool for a terrorist organisation. They weren't Pokemon stickers he was putting up.

But you know all that.
    He added that the stickers were also recruitment tools for National Action, of which the men were all then members.

One of the stickers, put on an entrance sign, showed a white figure giving a Nazi-type salute, and carried the words “White Zone – National Action”.

Or do you think recruiting terrorists should be perfectly legal? Again, all terrorists or just some terrorists?

Advertisement