Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailed for putting up a Racist Sticker Political Correctness gone mad

Options
  • 15-06-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

Unbelievable that in the UK you can be jailed for putting up a few stickers.

While I don't support this group I think everyone should have the right to freedom of speech.

The police in the UK don't seem to be as quick to arrest Muslims who openly promote ISIS.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-06-13/white-supremacists-jailed-after-plastering-university-campus-with-stickers/

A group of white supremacists have been jailed for plastering racist stickers across a city centre university campus.
    After stickering prominent signage on the site, the men then posed for a souvenir-style photo doing Nazi-type salutes and holding the black flag of far-right organisation National Action.
    Sentencing the men on Wednesday, a judge said the “pernicious” stickers deposited at Aston University, Birmingham, had “potential to cause social unrest and racial tension in the city”.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

You guys and your white identity. Does it ever get old?.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Why are white supremacists always so f*ck ugly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

That is PC gone mad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Could be worse.

Putting a rasher on a mosque door handle gets the death sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It may be old but should it be illegal?
    White supremacists are knobs, but making martyrs of them won’t help.
    The next time a bunch of grown men lose the plot over a Satanic Verses or cartoon, will they be jailed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Id imagine they are in jail because advocating racism is illegal.

Its not that hard to comprehend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Googling a bit more, looks like it's a crackdown on a dangerous far right group
    Members of a neo-Nazi organisation kept meeting after the group was banned, a former member has told a court.

Six men deny being members of National Action after it was proscribed between December 2016 and September 2017.

Witness Robbie Mullen, 25, who became a whistleblower, said the group continued physically training for a race war.

The Old Bailey has heard that it was Mr Mullen who first warned the anti-racism charity Hope not Hate of a plan to kill a Labour MP as part of a "white jihad".

Under cross examination at the Old Bailey, Mr Mullen denied that his reasons for contacting the charity were in order to feel important or to make money.

Jack Renshaw, 23, of Skelmersdale, Lancashire, has pleaded guilty to preparing an act of terrorism by buying a machete to kill the West Lancashire MP Rosie Cooper.

He has also admitted making a threat to kill police officer Victoria Henderson, who was investigating him for child sex offences and inciting racial hatred.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44489796

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Dr Brown wrote: »
    While I don't support this group I think everyone should have the right to freedom of speech.

Didn't you say Islam should be banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Your Face wrote: »
    Id imagine they are in jail because advocating racism is illegal.

as is being a member of National Action

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Are people not allowed identify as white? What do you think a white person should have as an identity? ....I'm not a Nazi by the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So, it's not 'jailed for putting up a sticker', it's actually 'jailed for being a dangerous, racist, scumbag'?

kylith wrote: »
    So, it's not 'jailed for putting up a sticker', it's actually 'jailed for being a dangerous, racist, scumbag'?

Yes, just a wee bit of a difference alright.

tigerboon wrote: »
    Are people not allowed identify as white? What do you think a white person should have as an identity? ....I'm not a Nazi by the way...

I might pop up to the Shankill Road and express my whiteness, my white brothers will embrace me to their bosom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Silly thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,214 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Apparently there are good people on both sides

Or so I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The Judge was right and wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Reminds me of the guy who they tried to arrest for teaching his dog a Nazi salute as a joke and posting it on Facebook. I don't support this group but their entitled to their opinion especially when ISIS supporters who support Islamic fascism are entitled to their view. It's political correctness gone mad when Tommy Robinson is behind bars for speaking the truth.

Enoch Powell was right look at the stabbings and acid attacks going on in the UK atm nearly all committed by forgein nationals or second or third generations "New British".

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Reminds me of the guy who they tried to arrest for teaching his dog a Nazi salute as a joke and posting it on Facebook. I don't support this group but their entitled to their opinion especially when ISIS supporters who support Islamic fascism are entitled to their view. It's political correctness gone mad when Tommy Robinson is behind bars for speaking the truth.

Enoch Powell was right look at the stabbings and acid attacks going on in the UK atm nearly all committed by forgein nationals or second or third generations "New British".

Tommy Robinson wasn't jailed for speaking the truth. He was jailed for breaking his suspended sentence. His actions where mornic and he could have ruined multiple trials.

How it is that his supporters can't comprehend that is is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Reading the thread title I was like "WTF". Then after further reading... nope, justified. Any of these neo-nazi types needs automatic locking up. You cannot reason with these people, thus there is no place in the world for them. This isn't PC gone mad, this isn't censorship of opinion... well in a way it is censorship, but it's a censorship of barbarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭tigger123

Apparently there are good people on both sides

Or so I've heard

Does the Trump impersonation ever get old?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Odhinn wrote: »
    Didn't you say Islam should be banned?

Remember the supremacist moto

All people are equal as long as they agree with us.

Frankly the person the op links to should have been jailed for twice that time at a minimum.

Society don't need that type of uneducated scum roaming the streets spouting hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Tommy Robinson wasn't jailed for speaking the truth. He was jailed for breaking his suspended sentence. His actions where mornic and he could have ruined multiple trials.

How could he have ruined the trials?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Fascism should be countered wherever it's seen to rear it's ugly head.

To suggest that this crime is trivial because it has only to do with 'stickers' is a nice try but no cigar. We're not dumb you know.

The perpetrators are just everyday common scum who are so acutely aware that they are utter nobodies that they join a fascist group just to make themselves feel big about themselves, just like those young city scumbags who today were sentenced in the UK for stabbing to death a young man for his iPhone - just so they feel like they are somebodies when in reality they are the lowest of the low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The police were looking to get some reason to lock him up if it was a journalist from the mainstream media (s)he would not have been arrested. He is viewed as an enemy of the state and the police will look to prosecute him at any offence he commits however minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

The police were looking to get some reason to lock him up if it was a journalist from the mainstream media (s)he would not have been arrested. He is viewed as an enemy of the state and the police will look to prosecute him at any offence he commits however minor.

What offences do you think he should be allowed to commit and not get prosecuted?

What offences do you think he should be allowed to commit and not get prosecuted?

Any he likes. Remember 'hes the enemy of the state'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Robinson is most certainly not an enemy of the British state.

He is a racist. He supports British war crimes in the Middle East.

He’s no different to the likes of Blair, May and Johnson except his social standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

While I wouldn,t be an expert about this group from online research they re a banned group reading this recent article, anyone planning or plotting any sort of terrorism I can understand why a such a group would be banned, its a pity certain left wing groups who openly use violence aren,t equally banned, anyone who uses violence or terrorism should be banned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/national-action-neo-nazi-uk-terror-plot-labour-mp-machete-amber-rudd-renshaw-lythgoe-a8397521.html

I looked at some of the stickers in question in that article link posted by the op
    " multiculturalism is genocide "- I think the use of the word is a bit too strong & don,t agree with it being used, but I don,t think it should be a chargeable offence, lets say hypothetically if the sticker said instead " multiculturalism has gone too far " should that be a crime to express such an opinion ? shouldn,t people have the democratic right to openly disagree with an ideology ? Some politicians have in the past called for the burka to be banned should such public statements also be an offence ? I mean where does the line get drawn when it comes to expressing ones personal opinion ? From that article to quote the judge " Sentencing the men on Wednesday, a judge said the “pernicious” stickers deposited at Aston University, Birmingham, had “potential to cause social unrest " . I,ve seen stickers before from certain dissident republican groups on poles/lamp posts " resist the occupation " etc one could also argue such statements on stickers have the potential to cause " social unrest " .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Remember the supremacist moto

All people are equal as long as they agree with us.

Frankly the person the op links to should have been jailed for twice that time at a minimum.

Society don't need that type of uneducated scum roaming the streets spouting hatred.

If we are to jail people who spout hate then why not also jail feminists because they spout hate against men ?

You see where this is leading jailing people because we don't like their political opinions is going down a very dangerous road.

I think this group are a bunch of clowns but I don't agree with jailing them for non violent offenses.

This week it was "white supremacists" who were jailed for their political beliefs next time it could be UKIP supporters.

Either we have freedom of speech for everybody or we don't have free speech at all.

• Advertisement

Why are white supremacists always so f*ck ugly ?

"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."

Ronald Dahl, speaking the truth.

Advertisement