Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should President Trump be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

Options

Comments

To the posters saying he achieved nothing yesterday, and especially the ones who are admonishing him for it, what would you have said to the below?

1. He didn't go.
    2. He didn't pause wargames.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Would Kim also get the Nobel prize for the same agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Ah, get a grip, people: Trump's a world-beating, pig-ignorant, graceless little man on every conceivable level. Not a single redeeming feature. Ugh.

Trump is the enemy people like you have always dreamed of having. You created him with your love for driving a wedge between people and creating opposing teams at every turn. Going on crusades fighting for the tiniest minorities in society over nonsense, barely consequential social issues, you and liberal media giving politicians great kudos for supporting referendums that cost them nothing and allow them to deflect from and ignore major issues that impact a large proportion of society.

Wonderful. Poor Mary can have an abortion when she makes a mistake in college; she doesn’t have to pay the €100 return flights; unfortunately she’ll never be able to afford a house because the government spend their time obsessing about the problems of <1% of society.

I’m sure Trump would be hugely popular in the media and with people like you if he focused his energy on rights for the ten adult males in America who want to identify as eight year old girls.

Instead of doing that he is negotiating hard for American business to reinvigorate the economy, something that if successful will benefit EVERYBODY in America. I wonder if sell-outs like Robert De Niro will be thanking Trump for the extra 10% fee for his next piece of c**p film?

While everyone else in history has been talking to North Korea and trying to have a dialogue; in other words tiptoeing around the issue and buying off the regime with aid, Trump is actually the one person who has done something to solve the issue once and for all. Of course the people who gave him the chance to be president (people like you) are never going to give him any credit. But inadvertently you have stirred up some right wing people, put a fire in their belly and led them to great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mattser

Refreshing to see a DT thread where having an alternative opinion to the ABT mob doesn't invite censure. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Trump is the enemy people like you have always dreamed of having. You created him with your love for driving a wedge between people and creating opposing teams at every turn. Going on crusades fighting for the tiniest minorities in society over nonsense, barely consequential social issues, you and liberal media giving politicians great kudos for supporting referendums that cost them nothing and allow them to deflect from and ignore major issues that impact a large proportion of society.

Wonderful. Poor Mary can have an abortion when she makes a mistake in college; she doesn’t have to pay the €100 return flights; unfortunately she’ll never be able to afford a house because the government spend their time obsessing about the problems of <1% of society.

I’m sure Trump would be hugely popular in the media and with people like you if he focused his energy on rights for the ten adult males in America who want to identify as eight year old girls.

Instead of doing that he is negotiating hard for American business to reinvigorate the economy, something that if successful will benefit EVERYBODY in America. I wonder if sell-outs like Robert De Niro will be thanking Trump for the extra 10% fee for his next piece of c**p film?

While everyone else in history has been talking to North Korea and trying to have a dialogue; in other words tiptoeing around the issue and buying off the regime with aid, Trump is actually the one person who has done something to solve the issue once and for all. Of course the people who gave him the chance to be president (people like you) are never going to give him any credit. But inadvertently you have stirred up some right wing people, put a fire in their belly and led them to great success.

A trade war is bad is bad for business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Hillary 2020!

dvBDr4k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Apart from both things being completely unrelated and the most bizzare comparison I've ever seen,we don't know why the boy Kim wanted a meeting.

kneemos wrote: »

A trade war is bad is bad for business.

And huge trade deficits are bad for the economy and the country, especially when certain deficits have played a significant role in developing a new, rival superpower.

At the moment it’s a lot of posturing, but we’ll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Taytoland wrote: »
    They will have to follow through with it because Trump WILL bomb the **** out of them if he needs to. Plenty of people in his administration are prepared to back it.

NK has plain old artillery pointed at a city of 10 million people. No one can or will bomb NK as they've got Seoul a permanent hostage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Could work out well for the military industrial complex that is America, selling killing machines and equipment around the world is good, let's see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

What a post. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What a post. Legend.

I do believe Poe's law has been invoked.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Trump is now best friends with a brutal dictator, actually praising him to the entire world, great job Trump.

Not to mention his love and support for the Israeli state who are publicly engaging in the genocide of the Palestinian people.

The man is a dangerous moron

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Warper wrote: »
    Trump is now best friends with a brutal dictator, actually praising him to the entire world, great job Trump.

Not to mention his love and support for the Israeli state who are publicly engaging in the genocide of the Palestinian people.

ah hes just a fool really

• Registered Users Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

And huge trade deficits are bad for the economy and the country, especially when certain deficits have played a significant role in developing a new, rival superpower.

At the moment it’s a lot of posturing, but we’ll see what happens.

Is there a trade deficit with Canada? Because I can't see why he slapped them with tariffs.

He's an egomaniac. Everything has to be about him. He's a populist of the worst kind. Spouting nonsense about draining the swamp and then giving positions to millionaires who milk the job for everything they can get. He has no trouble race baiting. And he insults world leaders. He's broken off agreements over twitter and he's a pathological liar.

The guys only saving grace is that he's a comedy goldmine. So we can have a bit of a chuckle whilst he wrecks the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The Americans can't win. If they withdraw from military actions in contentious regions they are criticized and when they do not they are criticized. Shock horror the President though they would save money from withdrawing from military action in the Korean area.

My opinion about this is that maybe it is right to lift sanctions of NK in the hope they might become a more prosperous country now that they have a new leader. Give them this chance. I can't ever see an uprising in NK because their citizens are so severely oppressed. It would be much better to bring NK into the world economy than to have a war. If it doesn't work then lets have the war then but lets try other options before it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Yes I remember everyone on the right praising Obama when he managed to get Iran to stop their nuclear program...

If Obama had met with Kim I can just imagine the outrage on Fox News/Infowars etc. Just saying he would meet with a dictator was enough to get the right into a tizzy

rossie1977 wrote: »

Yes I remember everyone on the right praising Obama when he managed to get Iran to stop their nuclear program...

When did this happen?

Do you mean when Iran made the promise on condition that inspectors were not allowed to inspect certain sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

AllForIt wrote: »

My opinion about this is that maybe it is right to lift sanctions of NK in the hope they might become a more prosperous country now that they have a new leader.

He's hardly new. He became leader during Obama's first term.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Basically the ingredients have been gathered to make something, there is a rather vague recipe in how to achieve what they agreed.
    The proof will be in the pudding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Warper wrote: »

With zero aptitude for politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Let's not forget what he's achieved for peace in the Middle East too, sparking off the worsening of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict that has killed hundreds just so he can shore up support among Jewish voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Let's not forget what he's achieved for peace in the Middle East too, sparking off the worsening of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict that has killed hundreds just so he can shore up support among Jewish voters.

I thought he was anti semitic and 'literally Hitler'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

[/B]

He can be many things to many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

[/B]

After Singapore he is 'literally Chamberlain' so that's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Bill Clinton first, then see about Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

ToddyDoody wrote: »

The automation software seems to be malfunctioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The automation software seems to be malfunctioning.

If you're using the website on a smartphone every tap of the button will give you a post. It doesn't wait for the post to load, if you tap submit three times in .3 seconds, you get 3 posts. So if the connection is slow and you tap again to make sure it's sending...

'I pulled the trigger three times your honor but the second and third were accidental'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

[/B]

The Left can't keep their talking points straight.

If the peace deal with North Korea works then there shouldn't be any reason to not give it to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The Left can't keep their talking points straight.

If the peace deal with North Korea works then there shouldn't be any reason to not give it to him.

Your saying this after him scrapping the Iran deal and his performance at G7. There's no faith in him.

Advertisement