Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

This thread has really sparked an interest so I'm fairly interested in getting this game.

I've got an xbox X but I've heard the performance can be patchy.

I've also got a fairly old PC that I built way back when. It's got a Pentium anniversary chip (can be overclocked), 8gb Ram and a GTX960. The machine is still perfect for everyday use but I don't really game on it. I have tried Max Payne 3 on full settings in the past and worked a treat, obviously just at 1080.

What are my chances of having a good run at this game on the PC?
    Should I just go with the xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

theteal wrote: »
    This thread has really sparked an interest so I'm fairly interested in getting this game.

I've also got a fairly old PC that I built way back when. It's got a Pentium anniversary chip (can be overclocked), 8gb Ram and a GTX960. The machine is still perfect for everyday use but I don't really game on it. I have tried Max Payne 3 on full settings in the past and worked a treat, obviously just at 1080.

Fred said it's not great on X and then there was a guy earlier in the thread playing on an old PC who said he was getting decent results.

I'd go PC.

I've got an i7-4790k, 8gb of ram and a gtx970; it get smooth 60fps at max settings. It runs like a dream. You'll be fine. Might have to drop the gfx settings slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Fred said it's not great on X and then there was a guy earlier in the thread playing on an old PC who said he was getting decent results.

I'd go PC.
    I've got an i7-4790k, 8gb of ram and a gtx970; it get smooth 60fps at max settings. It runs like a dream. You'll be fine. Might have to drop the gfx settings slightly.

Processor won't kill me?

Was going to have a go at the mini boss in the Abandoned Dungeon but wasted my confetti on my scouting run. Will have to wait till I can find or buy more. He wasn't up to much in terms of difficulty just wasn't expecting a certain attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

You missed alot. The game is meant to be replayed, be it in NG+ or a fresh NG. I took this route on my first playthrough and after a quick google it turns out i missed about 5 bosses! Coming up on Ashina castle for the second time now, its been fast.

Can you let me know in brief spoilers the route to the 5 extra bosses. Don't fancy going through it all again. I'm mid game so just to know the fork in the road ahead. Thanks

sticker wrote: »
    Can you let me know in brief spoilers the route to the 5 extra bosses. Don't fancy going through it all again. I'm mid game so just to know the fork in the road ahead. Thanks
    When you are given a choice, side with the Divine Heir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

When you are given a choice, side with the Divine Heir

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

What would you say to a Dark Souls veteran who doesn't think they'll like this? I was never the parrying type although I did get better at it after 10 playthroughs of DS1!

How does anti-air deathblow work ? I've been trying on those monks with the scythes at the temple but not seeing a prompt :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How does anti-air deathblow work ? I've been trying on those monks with the scythes at the temple but not seeing a prompt :confused:
    Did you buy the skill from the little guy in the castle

ShaneU wrote: »
    Did you buy the skill from the little guy in the castle

Yeah have it in my inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

penev10 wrote: »
    What would you say to a Dark Souls veteran who doesn't think they'll like this? I was never the parrying type although I did get better at it after 10 playthroughs of DS1!

Play it. I was playing ds1 on the switch when I started ( never got further on the ps4 when I had it).

I started souls with ds3 and worked backwards, loved Bloodborne.

I finished them without ever learning parrying.

This is great though and learned the parrying.

It is typical From though, learn the **** and you are rewarded

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*takes a deep breath*

Finally, after I'd say five hours worth of trying, I landed that final
    Sword Saint
    deathblow. No apologies in saying my tactic for the final two phases was cheesetastic (was pretty handy with the first two phases by the end, although a stray hit can still devastate you), but it got me there after lots of heartbreak :pac: Have never been so satisfied to see a game's credits roll - a monster of a final fight that's some intense, demanding stuff even by From's standards.

I think there's one or two more optional bosses lingering around I should probably go looking for to tidy things up, but psychologically I'm relieved to have made it through :P Will give it a day or two before diving back in.

Final impressions are pretty much as I've articulated a few times: an absolute From classic, pride of place with Bloodborne and the first Dark Souls. If the other games perhaps surpass it in areas such as environment design (although have to say it's crazy the game's finest level -
    Fountainhead Palace
    - is so easily missable!) it makes up for in the sheer brilliance of the combat. I'm not big into super-technical fighting games, so this strikes the perfect balance for me: demanding but quickly rewarding. Other than the final boss who was an immense jump in difficulty, I'd say the difficulty curve overall was perfectly judged if intense at times. Certainly a few bosses that had me retrying for an hour or two, but ultimately across all of them I felt once I got the patterns down and the pace figured out they were surmountable. That's a hard balance to achieve, but this handled it perfectly - even the one boss that irked me first time
    (Guardian Ape)
    revealed its true nuances when it reappeared a little bit later.

Anybody put off by the difficulty: I'd definitely urge you to give it a go. It's tough but rewarding - a cliché when it comes to From games, but equally never truer than it is here. If you can play it on PC do, because a steady 60FPS is certainly a help.

So yeah: top-tier stuff here. After feeling just a tad jaded with Dark Souls 3, this tour-de-force is the reminder I needed that Miyazaki and co still have tricks up their sleeves :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Processor won't kill me?

I doubt it. Especially if you put on a bit of an overclock. We live in a very GPU intensive age.

Two easy mini bosses down tonight, Armoured guy and Centipede who I took out super mario style. the former though was a bit cheap in that
    you need to deathblow him close to the edge to kick him off
    fine it might happen naturally but for me he hit a beam 3 times and the fourth attempt I got kicked off the bridge myself. Seems to be some lore there I'll need to google as he mentions a boys name which is also tied to a prosthetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

So I struggled for ages on Ashina 7 spear .

beat Lady butterfly first time , then went on to beat 7 spears , a General in Ashina castle and that armoured lad in Senpou temple....Like a boss :cool:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

How I cheesed it for Ashina 7 Spears
    double x :) gives a small posture hit and every now and then hit him , took ages but fuk you 7 spears

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

How I cheesed it for Ashina 7 Spears
    double x :) gives a small posture hit and every now and then hit him , took ages but fuk you 7 spears

You could have just nipped at his ankles

You could have just nipped at his ankles

wow cheese lvl 1000 :pac::D

• Advertisement

wow cheese lvl 1000 :pac::D

Trust me had I seen that after attempt number what ever I'd have done it. Every from game has these and if they are there use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I dont think i could live with myself utilizing that level of cheese :D

But eh, i always figured there might be a way to cheese him at those steps, just because he always got caught on them for aaaages when i was fighting him, and i had to actually help him path his way down a lot.

But eh,
    Owl
    defeated, the first try i felt he was gonna be easy, but he took a few go's to bring him down in fairness, i actually had him on deaths door and missed the kill shot, and then he
    flipped back and dropped a load of poison and then done a move i had never seen him do that recovered his posture a fair bit
    , made me mad, but then i noticed he literally had no health left anyway, so got the kill.

Story question regarding him, if you
    side with him when given the choice, is that the game finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,329 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just a quick word from me:
    Fcuk the Owl and his bull**** smoke poison combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm stuck at
    Genichiro and corrupted monk
    Who should I focus on first for easier progress? thanks

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm stuck at

I thought you had to beat the first to get to the second, what way did you go?

petes wrote: »
    I thought you had to beat the first to get to the second, what way did you go?

Not there myself yet but you can go through the abandoned dungeon without doing the first one. For the second I assume it's somewhere from the back of the castle, old grave spawn, which you can also get to without killing the first one mentioned:confused:

Not there myself yet but you can go through the abandoned dungeon without doing the first one. For the second I assume it's somewhere from the back of the castle, old grave spawn, which you can also get to without killing the first one mentioned:confused:

Won't be back playing until Satruday :( so might just take a wanderly trek before the
    Owl

I hit the
    folding monkeys
    boss last night. Nice change of pace.

I hit the
    folding monkeys
    boss last night. Nice change of pace.

It is if slightly annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm stuck at

Id go for
    Genchiro
    first, i found him a lot easier, while he has more lives, his health and posture get wrecked a lot easier. Having more vitality/attack will help with the
    monk

Advertisement