Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is it weird that they're putting the Leinster game on Easter Sunday. It's going to be hard for people to get away from the family

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Synode wrote: »
    Is it weird that they're putting the Leinster game on Easter Sunday. It's going to be hard for people to get away from the family

QF last year was sold out on Easter sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    QF last year was sold out on Easter sunday

It was a pain then too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Do people not look for a reason to get out on Easter Sunday? Mass doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Well 1 match had to be. French tv seems to favour Sunday matches so dunno if that was a deciding factor. At least yers is at home! :p

• Advertisement

clsmooth wrote: »
    Do people not look for a reason to get out on Easter Sunday? Mass doesn't count.

I actually don't know anyone that even pretends anymore, Religion seems on the bring of extinction here but either way I've no doubt it will be capacity for all the games. Both sides of the draw are fairly box office this year - lot's of history.

Current situation for 2019/20:

Guinness PRO14 (7):
    Leinster, Glasgow, Munster, Ulster, Connacht, Benetton, Cardiff or Edinburgh

TOP 14 (6):
    Toulouse, Clermont, Lyon, Racing, Castres, Bordeaux

Gallagher Premiership Rugby (6):
    Exeter, Saracens, Gloucester, Harlequins, Northampton Saints, Sale Sharks

Update for 20th spot, teams in bold still in Champions Cup. Spot goes to winner if not already qualified, goes to next team due to qualify from winner's league if all the Challenge Cup criteria aren't met.

Teams underlined still in Challenge Cup plus La Rochelle (7th).
    Winner, losing finalist, losing semi-finalist/play-off with 2 losing semi-finalists if neither qualified.

3 league rounds left in Pro 14, 5 in Premiership and 5 in Top 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Religion seems on the bring of extinction here but either way I've no doubt it will be capacity for all the games. Both

it's not really religion that is the impediment but the fact that there tends to be family gatherings

we would often be travelling at Easter but we are staying for rugby this time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Weird? I don't see it as weird.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

finbarrk wrote: »
    Weird? I don't see it as weird.

Perfect excuse to get away from the family :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Perfect excuse to get away from the family :)

Exactly, see enough of them over the Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone got their final tix yet. I can no longer go and need the hard copies so I can sell them on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone got their final tix yet. I can no longer go and need the hard copies so I can sell them on. :(

Not yet, no. Got an email from from Newcastle United last week (with subject line ‘Two months until the Newcastle 2019 Finals Weekend’) saying that they’d be sent out in April but I’ve no idea of what time April that might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'd imagine the provinces more than likely run at a loss also, particularly Leinster/Munster, as the IRFU don't break down revenue and costs by provinces including central contracts.

I have such a weird crush on Exeter

This will probably change by end of this weekend's matches, in order at least. But looking like La Rochelle will get 20th spot unless they qualify themselves as things stand.

Pro 14:
    Munster, Glasgow, Connacht, Leinster, Ulster, Bennetton, Ospreys or Edinburgh

Top 14:
    Toulouse, Clermont, Lyon, Racing, Catres, Bordeaux , La Rochelle (8th)

Prem:
    Exeter, Saracens, Gloucester, Harlequins, Sale, Bath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Going to be in Majorca next week for the Semi’s anyone know of any bars that have BT in Palma?

Going to contact a few during the week but if anyone has been managed to see a game over there. It would be great.

A lot of the Irish/English bars look grim

After weekend's fixtures, here's how things stand:

Pro 14:
    Glasgow, Munster, Connacht, Leinster, Ulster, Bennetton, Ospreys v Edinburgh

Top 14:
    Toulouse, Clermont, Lyon, Racing, Castres, Bordeaux ,

Prem:
    Exeter, Saracens, Gloucester, Harlequins, Wasps, Northampton, Bath

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eod100 wrote: »
    After weekend's fixtures, here's how things stand:

Pro 14:
    Glasgow, Munster, Connacht, Leinster, Ulster, Bennetton, Ospreys v Edinburgh

Top 14:

Prem:
    Exeter, Saracens, Gloucester, Harlequins, Wasps, Northampton, Bath

No Toulon for the first time since 2011/12. Can't say I feel sorry for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Anyone had their tickets in the post for the final yet? I thought they were supposed to be sent out a month before the game?

Anyone had their tickets in the post for the final yet? I thought they were supposed to be sent out a month before the game?

Nope not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Top 14:
    Delighted to see Clermont back in the Comp to be honest. Whether it was the team or the supporters, always added something to the wkend games.

Delighted to see Clermont back in the Comp to be honest. Whether it was the team or the supporters, always added something to the wkend games.

One of the best teams to not win the competition. Them and Racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Racing? Really....bit of a blow in last few season....

Clermont are around the tournament for years, semis/finals etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Wouldn't remotely put Racing in that category.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Clermont the clear front runners in that category for me (would love to see them eventually get over the line, their supporters are great) but Biarritz from the 2000's deserve a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭murtyd17

I had an email from them today about confirming my address so say they will be out in the post soon

Decent amount of tickets available for the final again if anyone is still on the lookout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

aloooof wrote: »
    Clermont the clear front runners in that category for me (would love to see them eventually get over the line, their supporters are great) but Biarritz from the 2000's deserve a mention.
    Scartlets (lLlanelli) have also made the final four 5 times with out winning.

Advertisement