Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Is it me or is Twitter video the worst piece of technology in the universe?
    I can get maybe 1 in 10 clips to play, be it on mobile or PC and there's never any error message to indicate why it doesn't work.

there's meant to be a message shown if the video you're playing is geoblocked but a lot of the time it just doesn't play with no indication of why

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I can get maybe 1 in 10 clips to play, be it on mobile or PC and there's never any error message to indicate why it doesn't work.

Its you. Always seamless here, have you patchy broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Larbre34 wrote: »

Or your browser?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Larbre34 wrote: »

Nah, 100Mb/sec fibre. If it's geoblocked then
    1) **** geoblocking and
    2) at least say that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Nah, 100Mb/sec fibre. If it's geoblocked then
    1) **** geoblocking and
    2) at least say that

it is geoblocked and if watching on mobile it's hard to tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

mangobob wrote: »
    Jaysus:D

Stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think :pac:

Well, since you ask..... ;)

I'm just imagining being a home fan on the bleachers behind that goal, he's chucked a home win in Europe in Round 1, and thats often fatal

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Munster doing well. Strong wind will be in their favor second half if they can prevent the chiefs from scoring in this half

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Why is it that 9 times out of 10 when there's one of these "missed grounding" stories, it's an Englishman? No wait, don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You'd find it hard not to slap him, in fairness

https://twitter.com/theblitzdefence/status/1051108861464248321?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

https://vrddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/9ntuvl

Just you I think. I always find Twitter extremely good quality for video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Watching today's game it's impossible to think that a few years ago Bath went a decade unbeaten at home and were more feared than New Zealand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Decent losing BP for Edinburgh down in Montpellier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

That young fella can find touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Just saw the score in the Scarlets-Racing game, now that’s a shock! Anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just saw the score in the Scarlets-Racing game, now that’s a shock! Anyone see it?

Ya watched it. Ref gave a penalty try to Racing with 4 mins to go. Never seen a ref give it first time before. Pulling down a maul I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Ya watched it. Ref gave a penalty try to Racing with 4 mins to go. Never seen a ref give it first time before. Pulling down a maul I think.
    According to the commentary on the round up, Scarlets were infringing far too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

I’ve seen it given for mauls before, not very often though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

No, I was watching the Ulster game. I expected them to get at least a narrow win at home, to be honest. Wasn't expecting that.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    According to the commentary on the round up, Scarlets were infringing far too many times.

The ref was quite harsh on Scarlets. He pulled Ken Owens for not throwing into a lineout too.

The Scarlets 10 Angus O' Brien had a bit of a nightmare (in for the injured Patchell). Dan Evans came on for him I think. Evans seems to have lost his way there after a fine season last year. Scarlets had about 75% possession but it was a bad night there. Racing did very little but got a try right before half time.

Peregrine wrote: »
    No, I was watching the Ulster game. I expected them to get at least a narrow win at home, to be honest. Wasn't expecting that.
    One of the many missed kicks at goal would have seen them through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Burkie1203 wrote: »

He had a very solid game. Moved to 11 at the start as Imhoff failed a fitness test and a guy came in for his debut at 15.

He had a very solid game. Moved to 11 at the start as Imhoff failed a fitness test and a guy came in for his debut at 15.
    Given the content of the tweet, are you sure that's the correct adjective? ;)

Headline in the Telegraph;

Bath ban players from celebrating tries before grounding the ball after Freddie Burns howler against Toulouse.

:D

I’ve seen it given for mauls before, not very often though.

Davies wasn't even subtle

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1051175433285365762?s=19

• Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Absolutely no question but the ref was totally correct there.... He basically tackled the leading player to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭giveitholly

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Absolutely no question but the ref was totally correct there.... He basically tackled the leading player to the ground

Yeah correct call,stopped a definite try

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Going back to the Burns debacle. As hilarious as it was and how much of an idiot he was - fair play to Maxime Medard for not giving up on that!

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »

He's on my god damn fantasy team. what a plonker!

Advertisement