Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2,500 naked women discovered on a beach in Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

But if there is water and Portlaoise for 2500 people a lot of the charity money gets spent on water and portaloos.

Are you implying Portlaoise is a sh1t hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

1) I'm not miserable

2) I'm not old

3) I don't like attention seekers.

You do come across as a bit of an arseh*le however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

You do come across as a bit of an arseh*le however

Thank you. I take it as a compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I didn't say they are all bad, but the cancer charities all have fat executives earning thousands a year. I refuse to give to these charities.

I have issues with cancer charities for many reasons. But this was a feel good event. Seems churlish to complain about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

PandaPoo wrote: »
    An absolutely amazing charity. Run by some fantastic people with huge hearts.

My daughter was unfortunately at the receiving end of their services and the stuff they have done for her is incredible. Even now she’s finished treatment yet still gets invited to their events and gets gifts from them. Even just the network of other families going trough the same has a massive benefit.

The amount of money raised this weekend will do so much for so many families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Well done to everyone who took part. But I too am very skeptical about charities, having been burnt as a long term donor to the CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My daughter was unfortunately at the receiving end of their services and the stuff they have done for her is incredible. Even now she’s finished treatment yet still gets invited to their events and gets gifts from them. Even just the network of other families going trough the same has a massive benefit.

The amount of money raised this weekend will do so much for so many families.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, im delighted shes doing well. My niece was too. She passed away in 2016 unfortunately but her older sister still gets invited to the parties. She even had her room decorated with a wall mural of all her favourite cartoon characters and a big butterfly with her sisters name on it.

They're absolutely wonderful, supportive people who help so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

But if there is water and Portlaoise for 2500 people a lot of the charity money gets spent on water and portaloos.

.... And there you are talking about water and portaloos on the hottest days of years.

Water on the hottest days of years ? What was that poster thinking of ?

And how making them available would eat into the takings ?

Looks different when you strip the insulting drivel out of that post.

Did you ever think of having some sort of psychological assessment ? Just to see if all the fuses are working

One of my friends was there for the event , the day before she dropped in to see my terminally ill mother in hospital .At the moment she's been eaten alive by skin cancer as well as having cancer in stomach and lungs. She has no prognosis for survival .

And there you are ****e talking about water and portaloos on the hottest days of years.Ya miserable ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I did a bit of nude sun bathing in the garden the day before yesterday. Nobody saw me but I still feel a bit guilty about it. Damn you Catholic upbringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

tretorn wrote: »
    I thought I was looking at a pic of a herd of elephants, the backsides were so thick and lined.
    Seriously over chatities in this country, I dont trust any of them

Damn right , how dare those women attempt to raise money for a cancer charity and break a world record.

I'll take a ban but what an absolute dickhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Yester wrote: »
    I did a bit of nude sun bathing in the garden the day before yesterday. Nobody saw me but I still feel a bit guilty about it. Damn you Catholic upbringing.

Make an appointment for Confession asap. It will have to be with a Bishop or above (the curates are all too busy absolving recent Yes voters). Also, you may be asked to show evidence..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'll take a ban but what an absolute dickhead

I'll take a ban as well. Dickhead comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Well this thread went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Luckily Wicklow is far enough from Japan to make it not worth their while sending their fleet or the headlines could have been very different!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Were men allowed at this event ?
    I ask because in Europe there are lots of nude beaches and men and women mix with no bother, it actually isn't sexual at all (hard to believe maybe) when everyone is naked.

My guess is men would have been STRICTLY banned from this event - they go on about how open Ireland is and really this just shows how conservative it is.

But fair enough, it was a good cause and raises awareness for cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

You'd want to be a very sad bastard to slag off a group of people for getting the kit off for a good cause like this.

I think all those slagging them off should go show them how it's done so with their Adonis like bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I ask because in Europe there are lots of nude beaches and men and women mix with no bother, it actually isn't sexual at all (hard to believe maybe) when everyone is naked.

My guess is men would have been STRICTLY banned from this event - they go on about how open Ireland is and really this just shows how conservative it is.

There have been other mixed events elsewhere here, and no-one's eye was taken out by a male appendage either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Love how you use the phrase "My guess is" towards men being banned, then go on to say it really shows how conservative Ireland is.

Also it was a charity organised event, if they feel that women would be more comfortable doing it together and could then bring in more numbers so be it. Was their decision. This is not some sort of example to use to fuel your opinion about Ireland.

The Charity also organised a Women's mini-marathon last week, men weren't even allowed to enter! Portmarnock Golf Club only allows male members, women can't even join! I tried to use the women's bathroom on a night out in Dublin recently and was quickly kicked out, despite the fact that unisex bathrooms are found in some bars in France! Ireland. So Conservative.

It was a fecking charity event to break a world-record. Anybody trying to use it as something more in the context of our society is a muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I was quarter the way down the path to do a spot of fishing, not on the beach but to the right on the rocks. Got a yelp…“come back” thought someone had plowed into my car.

Guy just mentioned something about a charity event. It was only that night when I saw the scenes on tv. Fair play to all who took part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

It was amazing.

I don't have the little waist I once had but that's ok because I'm nearly 8 months pregnant. There is a large ugly scar on my bulging stomach. It's from where a surgeon cut me open to remove an enormous tumor from my womb a few years ago.

I recovered but spent years worrying about the cancer returning and me dying. I certainly never thought I'd be able to get pregnant.

So to the misogynistic bitter tw@ts posting here - sorry if my current appearance isn't to your taste but I think I'm (and anyone else is) entitled to celebrate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

It's only the uggos that love getting their kit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,032 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's a lot of women-only spaces on the continent as well, although mostly within saunas an semi-private locations.

Question is, if it had been mixed, how many women would decided not to have gone? And how many men would have gone just because it's a chance to perv on some naked women and show them their live dick-pics?

Caliden wrote: »
    It's only the uggos that love getting their kit off.

I'll let Adam deal with that one:
    Adamocovic wrote: »
    You'd want to be a very sad bastard to slag off a group of people for getting the kit off for a good cause like this.

I think all those slagging them off should go show them how it's done so with their Adonis like bodies.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So they got their clothes off and ran into the sea, it takes courage as I am not sure I could do it if it was a male event, my body is fine but I would still be self conscious with it being public.
    These women did it for themselves and for others, it is easy to slap down other people who do stuff one wouldn't themselves but they didn't do anyone any harm and I am sure it gave them a mental lift and they feel good for doing it, so well done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I'll let Adam deal with that one:

Not a slag just an observation.

I'm not saying I'm a looker myself it's just that you'd never see any good looking men/women doing it that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm not saying I'm a looker myself it's just that you'd never see any good looking men/women doing it that's all.

Friend of mine did it, she’s a stone cold stunner. What’s your point?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Absolutely delighted this happened and congrats to all those that took part.
    Getting in the nip in public can be a tough obstacle to overcome. From experience, once you realise everyone is in the same boat, part of the fear goes away. Then once you liberating it is, you start to feel good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,032 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Of course it wasn't.

And how many have you actually been to?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I was quarter the way down the path to do a spot of fishing, not on the beach but to the right on the rocks. Got a yelp…“come back” thought someone had plowed into my car.

Guy just mentioned something about a charity event. It was only that night when I saw the scenes on tv. Fair play to all who took part.

Would have been awkward, you standing there with your rod in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I was in Wicklow Town on Saturday morning getting the young lad's hair cut and the craic around the place as the ladies headed off for the swim was incredible to see.

It was like a massive hen party with stretch hummers, open top buses, pink feather boas and bottles of prosecco (for the dutch courage) all heading down the main street at 11 in the am!

Fair play to all involved as it looked like it was a great day and earned a huge amount for a well deserving charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

It's not as common as you would think, there are places that are Nude, Germany in particular with its FKK.

Did you not go to the big naked party out in Dalkey 2 weeks ago ?

https://www.facebook.com/events/198457350755854/

Advertisement