Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2,500 naked women discovered on a beach in Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I didn't say they are all bad, but the cancer charities all have fat executives earning thousands a year. I refuse to give to these charities.

Entirely your perogative. Doesn’t mean a load of ladies can’t get together and have a laugh cos you’re a miserable old sod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What's all the bickering about?

Can't we all just get behind naked women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Entirely your perogative. Doesn’t mean a load of ladies can’t get together and have a laugh cos you’re a miserable old sod

1) I'm not miserable

2) I'm not old

3) I don't like attention seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

They're raising money for some fat cat earning a fat salary at the top of some charity. I'll hold back on the celebrations if you don't mind.

Nope
    Aoibheann’s Pink Tie “National Children’s Cancer Charity” receive no government funding and support is from the generosity and tireless work of volunteers throughout the country and beyond. Aoibheann’s Pink Ties work is completed by a dedicated volunteer team and with only one part time paid employee. In 2014 Wages comprised 1% and expenses 6.5% of overall donations received.

https://aoibheannspinktie.ie/about-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

I took part - I was one of the smaller whales, more dolphin like really.
    Trust me everyone was starkers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Yeah but they are only new arnt they? Give it time.
    Did Ian botham do something for cancer charity and last week or two it was found he only broke even because he had to pay the PR company for advertising his cause.
    Guess who owned the PR company.....:.::.:::...........His daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

An absolutely amazing charity. Run by some fantastic people with huge hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I think a male charity skinny dip would be accepted. It’d be a well-controlled event. Nobody had any issues with men stripping off for Spencer Tunick that I can recall. It’s a shame that gender is brought into everything on boards.

My point exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Women- let’s get naked and have a laugh breaking a world record and raise some money for charity while we’re at it.

Men of boards- YOU LOOK FAT!

Jesus wept lads.:rolleyes:

When you say men of boards How many in total or the fcuking loads of men did it take befor ye clumped all of us in
    Why not dickheads or mysoginists or something

eont Lump us all together

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The whole world of cancer charity is full of these obscure I lost someone to cancer and started a charity type deals.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    The whole world of cancer charity is full of these obscure I lost someone to cancer and started a charity type deals.

Well it’s probably quite life changing to watch a vibrant strong fun person be slowly tortured to death until they tell you they are looking forward to the end and even then it takes too long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Crea wrote: »
    I took part - I was one of the smaller whales, more dolphin like really.
    Trust me everyone was starkers.

Any group pics? I love seeing the camaraderie between the fellow charity goers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tigger wrote: »
    Well it’s probably quite life changing to watch a vibrant strong fun person be slowly tortured to death until they tell you they are looking forward to the end and even then it takes too long

Oh the melodrama.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

When you say men of boards How many in total or the fcuking loads of men did it take befor ye clumped all of us in
    Why not dickheads or mysoginists or something

eont Lump us all together

So why not come on and take issue with some of the sad sour little whingers, instead of having a go at one of the defenders of the event.

looksee wrote: »
    So why not come on and take issue with some of the sad sour little whingers, instead of having a go at one of the defenders of the event.

I just ignore them
    Like people should, it used to be a rule “don’t feed the trolls”
    However aparamtly even pointing out that a few male ls is not “men of boards “
    Is apparently “having a go”

I asked a question of s poster that might want a discussion and their answer might inform them that they are generalising a vocal minority instead of ignoring a few trolls that think they are funny.

Oh the melodrama.

I hope you never see what I’m talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Bitter about cancer research and charities, wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I just ignore them
    Like people should, it used to be a rule “don’t feed the trolls”
    However aparamtly even pointing out that a few male ls is not “men of boards “
    Is apparently “having a go”

I asked a question of s poster that might want a discussion and their answer might inform them that they are generalising a vocal minority instead of ignoring a few trolls that think they are funny.

Sorry pal, if you’ve come here and instinctively gone after the person saying it’s a crap attitude towards women doing their bit for charity rather than calling out the guys saying it then you’re part of the problem.

Sorry pal, if you’ve come here and instinctively gone after the person saying it’s a crap attitude towards women doing their bit for charity rather than calling out the guys saying it then you’re part of the problem.

Haha.... You can't see how silly you sound.

"Hey, you don't agree with me generalising then you are part of the problem"

Grand so.

• Advertisement

Do not feed the trolls
    A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    Just as bad as trolling is "Feeding the Trolls". Please do not reply to comments that are blatantly from a troll. Do not to abuse them or call these posters trolls. It is up to the moderators to judge this, so simply report the posts or private message any moderator of after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Please tell us of the charity/ fundraising work you do. The cynicism is eye watering.

I'm planning to donate 5% of the profits from selling my photos and video footage of the event to various dodgy websites that pay good money for that sort of thing.

Yes ladies, that was my hiding in the dunes with me binoculars and telephoto lens

I'm a dacent fella after all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Panrich wrote: »
    Well as a man I have to say that this was not very well advertised in advance.

Indeed. If I had of known I would have gone down and pulled my drone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Mrs Positron took part in this. She raised around 300 euro for charity but more than that she found it very meaningful and positive; seeing all shapes and sizes, many of them survivors of various cancers including breast cancer etc, I think she came back with a more positive and comfortable mindset about her own body - that's just my perception anyway.

Of course 2500 is a lot of people, and I got the sense that the event has grown bigger than the organisation's ability to look after it - apparently they all had to wait for like 2 hours at the beach to get everyone to get to the beach, arranged into various lines and counted etc, and there were no water or portaloos for participants for these two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

positron wrote: »
    ...and there were no water or portaloos for participants for these two hours.

Que the dash into the sea when the flag dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

positron wrote: »
    Mrs Positron took part in this. She raised around 300 euro for charity but more than that she found it very meaningful and positive; seeing all shapes and sizes, many of them survivors of various cancers including breast cancer etc, I think she came back with a more positive and comfortable mindset about her own body - that's just my perception anyway.

Of course 2500 is a lot of people, and I got the sense that the event has grown bigger than the organisation's ability to look after it - apparently they all had to wait for like 2 hours at the beach to get everyone to get to the beach, arranged into various lines and counted etc, and there were no water or portaloos for participants for these two hours.

But if there is water and Portlaoise for 2500 people a lot of the charity money gets spent on water and portaloos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭con___manx1

there is a nudist beach in wicklow near brittas bay. there is no sign to say it is one. i found out because i was walking my dog there one day and came across about 10 people together in the nip .

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

fair play to all of those ladies raising money for charity.

Wicklow - the (lady) garden of Ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

But if there is water and Portlaoise for 2500 people a lot of the charity money gets spent on water and portaloos.

Did you ever think of having some sort of psychological assessment ? Just to see if all the fuses are working

One of my friends was there for the event , the day before she dropped in to see my terminally ill mother in hospital .At the moment she's been eaten alive by skin cancer as well as having cancer in stomach and lungs. She has no prognosis for survival .

And there you are ****e talking about water and portaloos on the hottest days of years.Ya miserable ****.

Advertisement