Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking justice in your own hands

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You didn't say you punched him you said you beat him to a bloody pulp. And seeing as how even one punch to the Head can lead to death, that's extremely dangerous business. I'm not saying you weren't justified, I'm sure the scumbag you laid out deserved every ounce of it, it's just not good for a society to allow that kind of retributive, self administered "Justice". It's a recipe for a nightmare society.

As for your response to the explanations, could you clarify whether the decline of rural services like post offices and shops are hearsay, or waffle? Because they're obviously facts. Is the replacement of horses and traps (which were obviously safe to drive drunk in an era without many cars on the road and moving themselves at about fifteen miles an hour) with cars that render the former dangerous hearsay, or is it waffle? Or are they making that up?

I’d imagine it is, and was, illegal to be drunk in charge of a horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You didn't say you punched him you said you beat him to a bloody pulp. And seeing as how even one punch to the Head can lead to death, that's extremely dangerous business. I'm not saying you weren't justified, I'm sure the scumbag you laid out deserved every ounce of it, it's just not good for a society to allow that kind of retributive, self administered "Justice". It's a recipe for a nightmare society.

As for your response to the explanations, could you clarify whether the decline of rural services like post offices and shops are hearsay, or waffle? Because they're obviously facts. Is the replacement of horses and traps (which were obviously safe to drive drunk in an era without many cars on the road and moving themselves at about fifteen miles an hour) with cars that render the former dangerous hearsay, or is it waffle? Or are they making that up?

I’d imagine it is, and was, illegal to be drunk in charge of a horse?
    It's also illegal to beat someone to a bloody pulp. But here you are.

So now you’re saying 2 wrongs do make a right? You seem confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

So now you’re saying 2 wrongs do make a right? You seem confused.
    Yeah you're definitely going to have to clarify that one for me. Where did I say this?

Yeah you're definitely going to have to clarify that one for me. Where did I say this?

Ask a grown up to explain it to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement