Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 7 – Canada

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,549 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm waiting for the Nascar to start, only reason I've been watching this is the rain delay in Michigan.

It's just so boring these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the Nascar to start, only reason I've been watching this is the rain delay in Michigan.

It's just so boring these days.

Go Kyle Busch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Flag drama! Even vettel was so bored that he watched telly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

So boring that they're already waving the chequered flag to cut it short!

Jordan 199 wrote:
    Go Kyle Busch!

It'll be tough for him tonight, starting at the bavk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Harika wrote: »
    Flag drama! Even vettel was so bored that he watched telly

Probably preferred that to watching the seagulls!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

This is why I don't like the celebrities at races when they haven't a clue. It should be me or you at races.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My god...what an absolute stinker of a race. Thats 2 on the bounce now that were drabfests.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Could be pretty bad if a car backed off with the flag being waved early.

Pity the race didn't develop into anything good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Great to see a celebrity in the gantry with such passion for and a deep knowledge of the sport getting a chance to wave the chequered flag...... Oh she waved it a lap early oh well

What a joke, what a waste of a Sunday evening. Crap race, not even a sniff of a contest after the safety car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Imagine if Max had passed Bottas in the final lap, I'd like to see them take final classification from lap 69 then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Is there any wonder why people are turning off in droves at F1? Today (and Monaco) should be telling enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Martin asked that girl on the grid did she like F1 to which she replied "no". And then some muppet thinks it's a good idea to let her wave the chequered flag. What makes it worse is that she is an unknown anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If she had of said, "no, it's boring", I'd say a lot of people would respect her for her comments. But no, she just shouldn't be there.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Not a great race to watch. Expect more over taking some where along the way. But dreaming again.

Winners today, Vettel. Redbull as a team and Max for his race. Renault works team. I am going to add Honda Toro to that list. Gasly drove well. Should have pushed to catch the Sauber . Sauber in this list. CL holding off Alonso again. Good drive and finishing in the points. Bright future ahead of him.

Losers. Hamilton , just one of his off weekends again this week. Haas poor showing.williams but that's a given at this stage. Mclaren no idea where to start. At this stage there is no excuse anymore. The car is shocking. How can redbull and Renault be so far a head. At what point does the cheque covering Alonso wages not enough for his name as a great driver .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Glad they had champagne on the podium... was half expecting giant bottles of Heineken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Man, Monaco was more exciting than that. It can throw up some bad races but that was terrible. Result was good I suppose. Championship is still tight. Is Bottas starting to get it together or is Hamilton just in one of his moods?

Man, Monaco was more exciting than that. It can throw up some bad races but that was terrible. Result was good I suppose. Championship is still tight. Is Bottas starting to get it together or is Hamilton just in one of his moods?

Bottas still doesn't have that edge for me. He got his elbows out at the start but he's not a credible championship challenger in my eyes.

To finish the weekend with a positive note, again in a race Leclerc was battling with Alonso and held his own exceptionally well. The more this season progresses the more comfortable he looks. He's a nice guy who's humble and respectful and doesn't seem to have an attitude like some of the other drivers. In Baku he swore on the radio after scoring his first F1 points and he said "sorry for the bad word". In Monaco when his brakes failed he even crashed well pointing his car towards the barrier as much as possible. He looks to have now got the beating of Ericsson on a consistent basis in qualy and the race. The guy is a superstar imo. Imagine what he could have done in the sister Ferarri today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

This post has been deleted.

Was that a brand new engine?[/quote]
    Its the latest engine but used by Grosjean in Monaco. He has reverted to his first engine.

Report on F1Technical that issue was caused by a mistake made by Haas personnel, but that the engine is ok and still serviceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Toto is not a happy camper. Furious at his teams performance, says the need to "wake up" and threatens consequence....

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/136663/furious-wolff-says-mercedes-must-wake-up

Loud hint Toto: before someone takes the rap for the new engine delays or pre-race tyre selections, have a word with your lead driver because your number two driver made a a better job of his race with the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Eucharist procession in cork was more entertaining than that race(I wasn't at the EP but it can't have been as boring as this race was)

The unpredictability factor is gone. I mean I've only watched two races live so far this season because F1 haven't made me want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

skipper_G wrote: »
    To finish the weekend with a positive note, again in a race Leclerc was battling with Alonso and held his own exceptionally well. The more this season progresses the more comfortable he looks. He's a nice guy who's humble and respectful and doesn't seem to have an attitude like some of the other drivers. In Baku he swore on the radio after scoring his first F1 points and he said "sorry for the bad word". In Monaco when his brakes failed he even crashed well pointing his car towards the barrier as much as possible. He looks to have now got the beating of Ericsson on a consistent basis in qualy and the race. The guy is a superstar imo. Imagine what he could have done in the sister Ferarri today

Alonso seem to have respect for him in that he would try hold his place and not just let Alonso past.

Him looking in his mirrors is what I'd like to see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Loud hint Toto: before someone takes the rap for the new engine delays or pre-race tyre selections, have a word with your lead driver because your number two driver made a a better job of his race with the same car.
    It's just been an off mood weekend for Hamilton, he gets that every now and then. There's no need to panic.
    Remember going into Monaco Hamilton had more than a race win gap in points to Vettel despite them both being on 2 wins each because he was more consistent in the races he didn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Harika wrote: »

My predictions for the craic ��
    Hamilton will win :rolleyes:
    McLaren will struggle :D
    Haas will be strong :pac:
    Hartley will crash :D

Fact check 50%!
    Hamilton went into hibernation for this race. McLaren struggled and were fighting with Sauber and Honda for a point. Haas were out of shape and Hartley was performing well until he was crashed, still give that to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

skipper_G wrote: »

I agree Leclerc is a great talent. It's great to see an exciting new driver in Formula1, probably biggest talent since Max joined. But there is no harm for drivers to spend couple of years at the back of the grid before they join top team.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Beside from the crash at the beginning of that race the rest of it was very boring. I am glad I did not have to watch it live. I would have liked to see the crash live that was about it.
    Not often I praise Verstappen but it done very well this weekend. Delighted that Vettel won devastated that Mcleran are still so crap and that Alonso is still stuck with a crap car and did not get to even finish his 300GP.
    Even Renault are better than Mclaren now and they have not been back that long. Force India too are better and they are a much smaller team with a lot less resources to work with.
    Mclaren need to get the lead out of there arse and start doing something. They are a joke at the moment and as someone above said they have no excuses now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

AMKC wrote: »
    Beside from the crash at the beginning of that race the rest of it was very boring. I am glad I did not have to watch it live. I would have liked to see the crash live that was about it.
    …..

Why would you enjoy watching a crash??

• Advertisement

rock22 wrote:
    Why would you enjoy watching a crash??

Liked to have seen and enjoying something are two very different things.

Advertisement