Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 7 – Canada

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Should be interesting enough at the start tomorrow.

The new music is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

What is the story with the constant talking to Christian Horner? Three times during those three sessions they forced me to mute the volume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

17larsson wrote: »
    What is the story with the constant talking to Christian Horner? Three times during those three sessions they forced me to mute the volume

Red Bull are in F1 for marketing purposes of their products. They basically will take all the airtime they can get.
    Hence they are always happy to engage with the press and media.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Red Bull are in F1 for marketing purposes of their products. They basically will take all the airtime they can get.
    Hence they are always happy to engage with the press and media.

True but I reckon Christian finds Ben Edwards less frustrating then David Croft

flazio wrote: »
    True but I reckon Christian finds Ben Edwards less frustrating then David Croft

It's only a couple of times a year I'm forced to watch Sky but was today a particularly bad day for Croft or is he always like that? He was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

You have to feel sorry for Grosjean, not getting a single lap in qualifying. Comes out of the garage and the power unit packs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

So Gasly had to use the old engine for qualifying .

He is usually 0.5s quicker than Hartley so the Honda did improve on power quiet a bit .

Good mix at the front nice to finally see all three lead teams that close on a fast track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'm watching this replay on C4 and too many adverts.
    Tomorrow night I'll know to walk the dog when the show starts rather then before hand and fast forward through the adds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

After watching that on C4 I'm looking forward to the race. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'm watching this replay on C4 and too many adverts.
    Tomorrow night I'll know to walk the dog when the show starts rather then before hand and fast forward through the adds. :)

That's what I done. Then I came back watched a film then watched the C4 highlights. Would love to see the race live but if it ends up being a borefest I will not mind just getting see the highlights.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

AMKC wrote: »
    That's what I done. Then I came back watched a film then watched the C4 highlights. Would love to see the race live but if it ends up being a borefest I will not mind just getting see the highlights.

this can be easily done, if access is your issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

AMKC wrote: »

Usually there is plenty of action in canada

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Williams might have the have worst car but they won the F1 raft race so that's something for them to celebrate at least

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Didn’t the minardi team win that once?

Don't know about that but Mclaren won it last year, a pattern developing maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Makes sense as it seems there is a big performance gap between the two engine specs. And starting from 16 or 20 makes not that much difference.
    On the other hand, Renault is warming up for red bull again as the 20 million dollar paycheck is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think Max will win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Small question mark over the new Ferrari engines after Grosjean had issue yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Lets go Max

Tippex wrote: »
    Lets go Max

Nice! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

1 race old intercooler, but sky seemed to think Ferrari and Hass were examining the engines this morning, although maybe just routine stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Was that a brand new engine?[/quote]
    Its the latest engine but used by Grosjean in Monaco. He has reverted to his first engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The fact that red bull have apparently given max the green light down to turn one must be giving the drivers around him heartburn.

Advertisement