Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city marathon 28/10/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kiloecho15

just received email from marathon HQ on my wave number. Seems the times has changed wave 1 to 3:20 wave 2 starts at 3:30 to 3:50 wave 3 starts at 4:00 to 4:20 and wave 4 4:30 to 5:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Lads and lassies,

Dealz are doing energy Gels for 1.50 a pop(apple pie and raspberry ripple flavour so probably vile). Im running low and wont be near anywhere else that sells my normal brand so I bought a few just there.

Different brand from the ones I normally take but will give them a whirl on this weekends LSR

If I get through the weekend's run without ignominiously sh*ting myself I will let you know.

Come to think of it, if the above worst I will also let you know.

fingers crossed...

EDIT POST SHOULD BE IN NOVICE THREAD

Are these Torq gels?

kiloecho15 wrote: »
    just received email from marathon HQ on my wave number. Seems the times has changed wave 1 to 3:20 wave 2 starts at 3:30 to 3:50 wave 3 starts at 4:00 to 4:20 and wave 4 4:30 to 5:00.

I've been placed in wave 1. Might need to drop down to be with the 3:30 pacers. Or maybe it's a sign that I should go all out for 3:20, fade at 20 miles then walk/run to a sub 3:30!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DC.

The stanards this year are as follows:

Men
    Sub 2.32.30 marathon
    Sub 1.11.00 half marathon
    Sub 53 minutes for 10 miles

Women
    Sub 2.55.00 marathon
    Sub 1.21.30 half marathon
    Sub 61 minutes for 10 miles

If anyone has those times and have entered the Dublin Marathon, send an email to office@dublinmarathon.ie and request an elite number.

Thank you, not quite at that standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

DC. wrote: »
    Thank you, not quite at that standard yet.

Just fixed that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DC.

Haha I’m working towards that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

It shouldn't be a problem to drop down a wave at DCM, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It shouldn't be a problem to drop down a wave at DCM, right?

Dropping down to a slower wave is fine, they don't object.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

RayCun wrote: »
    Dropping down to a slower wave is fine, they don't object.

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

If you are picking up your number on the Saturday you'll be asked to help with the counting for presidential election as both are done in the same hall.

• Advertisement

Any mention of elites yet? Who’s competing for the National title, Clohisey, Hehir, Scullion, O Hanlon, Freddie? Laura Graham, Lizzie Lee in the ladies?

I think Lizzie Lee is running

I think Lizzie Lee is running

The only one on the entry list so far is Gary O'Hanlon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I've been placed in wave 1. Might need to drop down to be with the 3:30 pacers. Or maybe it's a sign that I should go all out for 3:20, fade at 20 miles then walk/run to a sub 3:30!

Are you me? :pac: This is exactly my thought process!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

The only one on the entry list so far is Gary O'Hanlon

He is using it as a warm up for Lanzarote, again.

We are kindred spirits...

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Are you me? :pac: This is exactly my thought process!

:) I think only one of us has a chance of executing that plan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change waves?

On my application I put a predicted time of 4:30 but thankfully training has gone a lot better than I thought it would and I'll be aiming for a 4 hour time on the day.

As it's my first attempt I've been placed in wave 4 so would miss the pacers I'd like to use during the race.

Is it possible to place yourself in wave 3 during the start of the race or is it an enforced colour system they used for the numbers??

Thanks for your help.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change waves?

On my application I put a predicted time of 4:30 but thankfully training has gone a lot better than I thought it would and I'll be aiming for a 4 hour time on the day.

As it's my first attempt I've been placed in wave 4 so would miss the pacers I'd like to use during the race.

Is it possible to place yourself in wave 3 during the start of the race or is it an enforced colour system they used for the numbers??

Thanks for your help.

Not what you want to hear but it’s highly unlikely you’ll get to move up a wave, from what I know and heard it’s a fairly strictly enforced system wave wise. Email the marathon office to see but i’d say your in a cue at this stage of people asking the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

OOnegative wrote: »
    Not what you want to hear but it’s highly unlikely you’ll get to move up a wave, from what I know and heard it’s a fairly strictly enforced system wave wise. Email the marathon office to see but i’d say your in a cue at this stage of people asking the same thing.

Thanks, I phoned them when I got your response and they were very helpful.

They've changed my wave and said it'll be confirmed on my eticket that will be sent out in about 2 weeks.

If anyone else needs to change I'd recommend phoning the marathon office directly 01 6232250

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Since it is the 1st of October how is the weather looking for the day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Since it is the 1st of October how is the weather looking for the day ;)

Pretty perfect right now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Kellygirl wrote: »

Going to hold you to that.....

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Going to hold you to that.....

Will probably change daily until then but last year that website was spot on from about 2 weeks beforehand actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Kellygirl wrote: »

I'd keep my fingers and toes crossed except i'd probably cause myself an injury but it would be great to have a nice day again like last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

is there an option to put your own drinks on tables after half way?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Received my E-ticket today. From past experience , will it be OK for a clubmate to pick up my number on the Saturday?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Lost about 11 weeks training due to illness from the beginning of May. Got the go ahead the end of August to run again and as I'd entered Dingle early in the year I set out a walk/jog plan just to complete it and got through it just about.

Since then I've trained really well. I'm a good bit behind where I'd like to be but I'm just trying to chip away each week to regain fitness. Had my 20 mile run at the weekend but as all my friends were in Longwood and I was working on the Sun I took myself off to Galway to run the Galway Bay marathon on the Sat. Much easier to run distances with people.

Plan was run the 20 miles as my lsr and walk/jog in as a warmdown/recovery with the added bonus of a medal which is always nice and another marathon chalked off. All went according to plan. 10 miles taper run this week, off to Amsterdam for the half marathon next weekend and fingers crossed I'm good to go for DCM the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

seanin4711 wrote: »
    is there an option to put your own drinks on tables after half way?

only if you're an elite athlete

Received my E-ticket today. From past experience , will it be OK for a clubmate to pick up my number on the Saturday?

they need a copy of your ID and a signed letter from you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭muloc

There was nowhere to enter club when I registered for DCM. Anyone know if possible to update?

Advertisement