Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(c) - The Lowerdark

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Which type of elemental

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The elemental is of the Earth type, with crystals embedded in it.

The other drow wakes up.

"Intruders..." she pauses looking at Rhiggy.

"Oh, never mind, here with a slave? Where are you from?"

Fourier wrote: »

The other drow wakes up.

Are you familiar with the dark forests near Cuthag Mar Nocht?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The other drow wakes up.

Vrakrash looks up at the drow, then turns back to Rhiggy.

He sighs.

'M-Master... how do you wish to proceed?'

Tigger wrote: »
    Are you familiar with the dark forests near Cuthag Mar Nocht?
    "I have been there once, a long time ago...the great forests rising up out of the underdark, the purple flames rimming the tree cities. Decent slave trade as well praise Lolth!"
    Vrakrash looks up at the drow, then turns back to Rhiggy.

He sighs.

'M-Master... how do you wish to proceed?'
    "You have him trained well...a dragonborn, no mean feet to have one of them under submission. I salute you" she says smiling to Rhiggy.

• Advertisement

"I have been there once, a long time ago...the great forests rising up out of the underdark, the purple flames rimming the tree cities. Decent slave trade as well praise Lolth!"

"You have him trained well...a dragonborn, no mean feet to have one of them under submission. I salute you" she says smiling to Rhiggy.

Thanks your earthy helper is also impressive
    Slave ask for Instruction so you can better lead me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks your earthy helper is also impressive
    Slave ask for Instruction so you can better lead me

Vrakrash hides his distaste, but bows to Rhiggy.

'Yes Master.'

He turns to the other drow on the elemental.

'We are trying to get back to the surface - can you help us?'

"The surface?" she bursts out laughing.

"Well, should only take a week, there is a portal somewhere around here, Lolth knows where it leads. I suggest you try it...though I've no idea where it is...." she begins to hum and focuses her energies "...that crack in the wall would be your best bet"

Vrakrash bows towards the drow witch.

'Thank you, m'lady - Master - it appears this would be the way.'

Vrakrash moves towards the crack in the wall and inspects it closely.

A bright light shines through the crack in the wall, another chamber lying about half an hours crawl from the entry point.

• Advertisement

Common we will go this way

Vrakrash nods at Rhiggy.

'Yes, Master. I shall lead the way lest you encounter any danger.'

He checks the tunnel for any traps and proceeds to start crawling through.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash nods at Rhiggy.

'Yes, Master. I shall lead the way lest you encounter any danger.'

He checks the tunnel for any traps and proceeds to start crawling through.

Excellent, I appriciate your loyalty

They emerge into a chamber as a big as a house, the walls polished as smooth as a mirror and even more perfectly reflective than one. Rhiggy and Varkrash see themselves several times over reflected in the cave walls.

Three tall, multicoloured beings with taper heads, sit staring at the roof.

A very narrow passage lies to the South and a wide enough one to the West. They themselves entered via the Eastern wall.

Idcynn.jpg

They emerge into a chamber as a big as a house, the walls polished as smooth as a mirror and even more perfectly reflective than one. Rhiggy and Varkrash see themselves several times over reflected in the cave walls.

Three tall, multicoloured beings with taper heads, sit staring at the roof.

A very narrow passage lies to the South and a wide enough one to the West. They themselves entered via the Eastern wall.

Idcynn.jpg

Greetings

Vrakrash admires his frame in the reflective walls.

Pride is a sin

Greetings
    One of the slender beings turns around.

"Hello...two surface dwellers. Never have I beheld one up close. Do you also hear the stars? The 'cities' as you call them, why do they die?"

One of the beings walks up to Varkrash.

"You are looking at Fadalhit, it is an old star, the Whispers used to live there."

One of the slender beings turns around.

"Hello...two surface dwellers. Never have I beheld one up close. Do you also hear the stars? The 'cities' as you call them, why do they die?"

Theyvdie why everyone does
    Their lifetime had passed

• Advertisement

One of the beings walks up to Varkrash.

"You are looking at Fadalhit, it is an old star, the Whispers used to live there."

Vrakrash looks at the walls.

He looks at the being.

He looks back at the wall and admires himself again.

'Whatever Fadahlhit is - it sure looks good. Why are you folks stuck down here... and what's with the small entrance?'

Theyvdie why everyone does
    Their lifetime had passed
    "Thank you...you were right..." the being turns to another and says a strange metallic sound in its direction "...their cities live and die and have lifespans."

He kneels down to eye level with Rhiggy.

"What do you want little one?"

Vrakrash looks at the walls.

He looks at the being.

He looks back at the wall and admires himself again.

'Whatever Fadahlhit is - it sure looks good. Why are you folks stuck down here... and what's with the small entrance?'
    "We are from here...it's home. The small entrance is to prevent loss of...you do not have the term...let us say light"

"Thank you...you were right..." the being turns to another and says a strange metallic sound in its direction "...their cities live and die and have lifespans."

He kneels down to eye level with Rhiggy.

"What do you want little one?"

Time
    And space
    And understanding
    Which can you provide and what is the cost ?

"We are from here...it's home. The small entrance is to prevent loss of...you do not have the term...let us say light"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'I suppose I get you. Sweet digs you got, but I gotta say - this place is a bit too underground for my liking. I mean, I like the heat and all, but...'

He tosses his gem around in his hand.

'Money to make, people to kill - you guys probably get it. Say....

One of (cocks his thumb at Rhiggy) his kind told us there was a portal around here that might let us out. You blokes know where a guy like me might find it?'

"Time and space and understanding and a portal...we can offer all four, but require in return something special. Something unique from the surface...would you have such an item?"

Fourier wrote:
    "Time and space and understanding and a portal...we can offer all four, but require in return something special. Something unique from the surface...would you have such an item?"

Vrakrash opens his pack and lays his potions and gems on the floor of the cavern.

'Take your pick!'

He looks at Rhiggy's bow but decides to keep quiet.

Vrakrash opens his pack and lays his potions and gems on the floor of the cavern.

'Take your pick!'

He looks at Rhiggy's bow but decides to keep quiet.
    The beings shuffle around the potions and gems, the latter they have little interest in.

"So these liquids hold magic? We cannot do this magic, though we long to see and appreciate it. We will take them all, then we will grant you what you want, agreed?"

The beings shuffle around the potions and gems, the latter they have little interest in.

"So these liquids hold magic? We cannot do this magic, though we long to see and appreciate it. We will take them all, then we will grant you what you want, agreed?"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Sure, I don't even know what any of them do, truthfully - so enjoy them and embellish us with my friend's requests....

And the portal of course.'

• Advertisement

"The web of the world tells us where you need to be, but young drow what understanding do you want? What do you ask of time and space?"

A gateway opens in between the three figures.

Advertisement