Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(c) - The Lowerdark

Options
  • 04-06-2018 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Varkrash has been falling for some time and now sees a strange azure mass beneath him, it appears soft, from a distance at least.

"What is that?!" Columbo cries "Will it absorb our impact?"

Not much time to respond as they plunge into the material, which starts off a soft as foam before slowly changing to the toughness of a cake after a minute. Columbo screams trying to get the purple mass out of his throat.

Their fall slowed, they eventually hit and recoil off a point as hard as rock without breaking their bones. They roll around and down like pinballs, bouncing off points where the material is impassable. Suddenly they tumble out of the material and into a chamber about 20 foot wide, with stalactites as sharp as knives hanging from the roof at points.

As Varkrash looks up, a strange spatial distortion vibrates the chamber and warps the air and suddenly Rhiggy appears. The distortion then vanishes.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    As Varkrash looks up, a strange spatial distortion vibrates the chamber and warps the air and suddenly Rhiggy appears. The distortion then vanishes.

Vrakrash dusts himself off and checks that Columbo hasn't suffocated.

He turns to Rhiggy.

'Hail, friend. I trust your journey wasn't as... testing as mine?'

He examines the area into which he fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The cavern, in addition to the stalactites, has patches where the rock becomes a green glass. There is an exit leading south and also a hole in the roof, filled with water, which remains in place defying gravity. Also a hole in the floor made of some fleshy material.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    The cavern, in addition to the stalactites, has patches where the rock becomes a green glass. There is an exit leading south and also a hole in the roof, filled with water, which remains in place defying gravity. Also a hole in the floor made of some fleshy material.

Vrakrash meanders forward and pokes at the fleshy material lightly with his axe.

'Well Columbo, any ideas on what to do now?'

The fleshy material pulsates and thick black smoke is belched out into Varkrash's face.

"Varkrash!" Columbo cries out.

Fourier wrote:
    The fleshy material pulsates and thick black smoke is belched out into Varkrash's face.

Vrakrash tries to see through the smoke, he backs away from the material slowly.

• Advertisement

Out of the fleshy growth a odd black undulating creature steps out, shaped like a symbol.

It begins to continuously say a short phrase over and over again in a deep voice.

Fourier wrote:
    It begins to continuously say a short phrase over and over again in a deep voice.

Vrakrash eyes the creature warily and attempts to understand the phrase being uttered. He keeps his weapon drawn but leaves it by his side so as not to threaten the creature... yet.

The creature gently nods back and forth in front of Varkrash.

"It's saying 'Fly Stone' in an old magical dialect...very old" Columbo says in a musing tone.

Fourier wrote:
    "It's saying 'Fly Stone' in an old magical dialect...very old" Columbo says in a musing tone.

'Fly Stone? He trying to make the stone fly at us?'

Vrakrash looks up at the sharp points of the stalactites.

'Um... we mean you no harm. I and my friends just wish to leave this place.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash dusts himself off and checks that Columbo hasn't suffocated.

He turns to Rhiggy.

'Hail, friend. I trust your journey wasn't as... testing as mine?'

He examines the area into which he fell.

I think I just time traveled !

• Advertisement

I look around for danger

Tigger wrote: »
    I think I just time traveled !

Vrakrash turns back and regards Rhiggy.

'Time travel? You wanna try it again so we can breeze outta this joint?'

Vrakrash turns back and regards Rhiggy.

'Time travel? You wanna try it again so we can breeze outta this joint?'

We all travel in time I once knew a mage who had a fireball spell he thought was a teleport, as it caused him to pass out when cast and by the time he awoke we had moved along

I look around for danger
    Nothing in the cavern aside from the little black creature shaped like a magical letter.

Fourier wrote: »
    Nothing in the cavern aside from the little black creature shaped like a magical letter.

Which symbol ?

I’m getting a wierd sense of de ja vu

Which symbol ?
    The symbol is unknown to either Rhiggy or Varkrash.

OOC: Varkrash, Dex check

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Varkrash, Dex check

OOC: Rolled a 6, cries :(

The symbol leaps onto Varkrash's arm and burns itself into it. He gains knowledge and comprehension of the phrase, which is in fact a strange form of command.

OOC: Once a day Varkrash can command a rock of any size no bigger than himself to move.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash stares down at the symbol and rubs his arm.

'OUCH!'

He turns to Rhiggy.

'Shall we head south?'

He gestures towards the exit.

Vrakrash stares down at the symbol and rubs his arm.

'OUCH!'

He turns to Rhiggy.

'Shall we head south?'

He gestures towards the exit.

You ok ?
    Yeah south why not it’s as wierd as any other

Vrakrash rubs his arm.

'Yeah, I think so. I think I understand the symbol now. I think... I can lift boulders if I concentrate.'

He makes for the south cautiously.

The south exit continues into a fairly straight passage through the rock, about two foot taller than Varkrash's head. From what he can see, thanks to the bioluminescent algae in the tunnel, it extends for at least another ten minutes at walking pace.

Vrkrash draws his scimitar and proceeds along the corridor, checking for traps as he goes.

'Rhiggy, you see anything more than I can?'

Rhiggy can see the far end of the tunnel, twenty minutes away.

Vrakrash continues down the corridor.

They arrive in a chamber about half again as big as the previous one. It contains a passage heading South and a very small crack in the wall that one could crawl through heading West.

The stones within the cavern are orange and smell strongly of soap.

A drow wizard lies sleeping in a Elemental's arms in the middle of the chamber.

Vrakrash examines the stones while quietly pointing out the drow to...

Well, the other drow.

• Advertisement

“Hail fellow well met” , I greet ironically

Advertisement