Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers who are not seeking jobs

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Have you tried the excuses factory?? You seem fairly qualified in that. Turned your nose up at the debt consolidation role, nose up at banking, no idea what “hoops” means for Lidl but reads like de fordiners always get them so I didn’t bother, you are too good for a standard Tesco retail position and shure independent shops will probably all close down.

If you come across in an interview like you do here I’m not surprised your unemployable.

Just to add an alternative viewpoint to that. I am currently hiring for my team it is an entry level position. Anyone with tons of experience is ruled out as they will want more money or won't stay in a Junior role for long.

HR showed me a stack of CV's recently before they filtered them out. I was shocked at how bad some of them are. It is no surprise some people struggle to find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

mariaalice wrote: »
    The Syrians didn't get the job because they knew someone they got them because there is a labor shortage in the lower echelons of the catering industry. They went around various hotels and asked for jobs the only help they got was a lift to the various hotels as they have no transport.

Ah, my bad-I thought they might have had connections. Apologies.

I know one of my cousins' is a qualified teacher-but it was a good two or three years before she got a permanent job position. In the mean time, she was working part time, kids with reading or learning disabilities, SNA (Special needs assistant) etc. When she finally got a permanent gig, it was someone putting in a good word for her.

Have you tried the excuses factory?? You seem fairly qualified in that. Turned your nose up at the debt consolidation role, nose up at banking, no idea what “hoops” means for Lidl but reads like de fordiners always get them so I didn’t bother, you are too good for a standard Tesco retail position and shure independent shops will probably all close down.

If you come across in an interview like you do here I’m not surprised your unemployable.

Err, no. I suppose the devil being in the details never bothered you much. Funny. Irritating, slightly. Typical of the people who just want to complain about those on JS or welfare though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Or companies not bothering/can't afford to train new recruits like they did in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Or companies not bothering/can't afford to train new recruits like they did in the past.

True-it's a long time since Gateway or Dell were here. They used to train up staff, from the ground up.
    There's too much of a gamble with 'spend 4 years getting a paper that's probably gonna be irrelevant by the end'.
    Even Solas courses are a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

There are jobs out there that could easily be done by someone with a leaving cert and even the slightest bit of training. I'm talking basic office admin jobs. There's absolutely no excuse for requiring experience in a job like that. University courses don't even come into it.

People keep insisting it's not the employers fault. It's the jobseekers, it's the Universities, it's anything but the employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I was on the dole during the recession 2008 / 2009. 0 interviews in 9 months, 9 - 12 suitable applications a week. Zip experience on my part admittedly. Those few hundred applications were just for show. Might aswell have been emailing them the bin. Back on the dole in late 2010 and the job schemes had been rolled out which got you interviews and placementa. Back on the dole again 2012, actual jobs, though employers knew their power. Nowadays, can pick and choose jobs but wonder will bubble burst.

Advertisement