Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All In 01.09.2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus these indy vanilla midgets really have lacklustre in-ring psychology and dont know how to sell at all. Pure spotfest.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loughc wrote: »
    It was a great event but some of the live online was a bit OTT. The twitter fans were screaming that every match was 5 stars and anyone that said anything different got torn out of it. Even the WWE/NXT fans aren’t that delusional to think an entire card can but stacked with all 5 star matches.

Think Twitter is bad, try Reddit. The love-in and adoration is nauseating.

Any random Takeover was better than that show last night, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Omega vs Pentagon was awesome the rest I could take or leave to be honest , Okada and Skurll just didn't mesh well at all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I was thinking Okada looked out of place and not due to the size difference. Something just seemed off compared to the matches I've seen of his in NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Omega vs Pentagon was awesome the rest I could take or leave to be honest , Okada and Skurll just didn't mesh well at all

Scurll had an opportunity to impress Okada like Ospreay did & didn't deliver as much as he needed to. I'd love to have seen Okada vs Pentagon but when one is from AAA & the other just worked CMLL it was unlikely.
    I really enjoyed the main event even though it was basically an 11 minute final stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pentagon Jr isn't having a bad time either with Lucha Underground then Impact and now fighting Omega at this. I'm sure there was a list of people to fight Omega.

Speaking of Lucha Underground, when they kept on about Matt Cross being a 20 year veteran, I googled him and how could I not have recognised his beard as being the same as Son of Havoc.

I've got a strange feeling Austin Gunn is inspired by his dad. :)

Was cool seeing Cody win.

I take it that Madison Rayne isn't signed to WWE? Or was she finishing up bookings? Chelsea Green struck me as better than her time in Impact. Thought Britt was the weak link here. Tenille was pretty decent on commentary

Trying to decide if Brandi looked better in her Cody outfit or Flip outfit.

This one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I saw it years ago in TNA, haven't followed his career since, and check in and out of ROH.

Why the hell is Jay Lethal STILL doing the stupid Macho Man parody? He's the ROH World Champion damnit, have a bit of dignity and class.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I saw it years ago in TNA, haven't followed his career since, and check in and out of ROH.

Why the hell is Jay Lethal STILL doing the stupid Macho Man parody? He's the ROH World Champion damnit, have a bit of dignity and class.

I felt as if it was more of a once off, given they had Macho Man's brother there and it was designed to create a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I felt as if it was more of a once off, given they had Macho Man's brother there and it was designed to create a moment.

And the ring jacket was apparently a legit Macho Man jacket owned by a collector. Poffo and Lethal were seated together at the convention during the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What we didn't see when the show went off the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

where might one theoretically get a download of this
    i mean were one so inclined?

theoretically

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Why did brandi come out with flip. Ive stopped watched bte and brandis outfit distracted me if the commentators explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I found the show pretty boring. While the main event had some cool spots, particularly Fenix running across the top rope to deliver a kick, I thought there was too much standing around waiting to catch dives and guys just running into position to set up their next spot. Also been able to hear someone say they needed to take it home early on in the match didn't help.

Okada Scurll and Omega Pentagon were both enjoyable, though Okada and Scurll went way too long, kind of funny that it meant the main event got cut for time after Cody's comments about OTT a few days ago.

I'm a big Arrow fan so was into seeing Stephen Amell, he's pretty good for a non wrestler. Daniels rolling from the apron onto the table at ringside looked really dumb. I was glad he rolled out of the way because at least then I could convince myself he was just suckering Amell in to attempting the elbow drop.

Joey Janela took some sick bumps, the Rite of Passage off the ladder was awesome. I enjoyed Penelope Ford's work in the match and Page took a class bump for her.

A Flip Gordon title match and a Bully Ray run in after the match was not what I needed to see.

Cody's entrance was awesome but his match was plodding. There was an awful long time between him getting knocked down on the outside and him actually blading.

I didn't think much to the show in terms of it being an alternative to WWE, as I thought it was a 5 hour show with nothing really great and terrible comedy throughout. I must be just a grump when it comes to all this Being the Elite stuff, but I found it annoying the amount of tweets I saw from people telling others not to say anything bad about the show because it's great for wrestling or whatever other reasons they could think of. From my own personal enjoyment, I thought it was well below the standard of an NXT Takeover or this year's Slammiversary. Even this year's Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania I'd probably put ahead of it. I'm probably overly negative about it considering I didn't hate the thing or think there was anything outright bad on the show, just some of the fawning over the show and attempts to block criticism seemed to be way over done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sky88 wrote: »
    Why did brandi come out with flip. Ive stopped watched bte and brandis outfit distracted me if the commentators explained.

I don't follow RoH but I think they said there was a story where Flip had no friends, Brandi was a bit lonely and so they struck up a friendship together.

Advertisement