Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All In 01.09.2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

antrim14 wrote: »
    Fite are charging 40 dollars (£31.46 / €35.30) for this. Bit too steep I think, for me anyway! Especially since it's a given who will going over in two of the three biggest matches (if Kenny or Okada lose I will genuinely be shocked).

Worry not, because if you're subbed to NJPWWorld. Well check the tweet.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1034615524812972033

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Worry not, because if you're subbed to NJPWWorld. Well check the tweet.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1034615524812972033

Kinda makes buying ppv for 40 dollars pointless when you can get it on world for a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Many here gonna be watching live? I'm quite excited for it now actually, bought my first ever wrestling PPV :D Janela/Page and Pentagon/Omega are what I'm looking forward to most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not live, but will 100% be watching in the morning.

Can't remember the last non-WWE PPV I've watched. But really looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Is it being streamed (legally) anywhere? I heard it's available on NJPW World but am not sure.

• Advertisement

Wont be watching live but shall catch it in the morning on the matches i want to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's tonight? Thought it was a while away. Don't know what caught me off guard more. The fact this is so early in September or that it's September already

First look at the stage.

ahjwc9twmoj11.png

Another view of the Sears Centre for the show.

40552150_2015675028470936_7817962315587780608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=367b5dfe1d927f72356b71fd15d6e1eb&oe=5C329CC8

Turns out Justin Roberts is one of the ring announcers for the night.

• Advertisement

Also
    Chris Jericho
    has apparently been spotted in Chicago..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone know what kind of turn out Punk got last night at his appearance or indeed did he actually turn up?

Anyone know what kind of turn out Punk got last night at his appearance or indeed did he actually turn up?

He did turn up and his signing drew a huge crowd, queue stretched 6 blocks if this is to be believed.
    the fans who showed up for a meet and greet which went on for seven hours told a different story.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/9/1/17808606/cm-punk-all-in-signing-draws-large-happy-crowd-twitter-jokes

Well he got in on the Finn gimmick so he can't be that bad all the same.

Now Finn vs Punk please.

DmAx9PhU8AAnnJE.jpg

If they were doing the Finn pose, they would have the big grin.

Punk with a smile on his face.. Come On :)

Is Dave Meltzer All In?

Since it started with his Tweet I would hope he is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Brandi is unreal

DmDB-yVUYAAx2zs.jpg:large

Was not expecting to see Glacier tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

How can this be watched?

bot43 wrote: »
    How can this be watched?

On Fite tv and New Japan World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

On Fite tv and New Japan World.

Not on New Japan yet anyway. It’s still €40 on Fite tv too. So I’d imagine it won’t be on NJW for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

From what I've read sounds like it was a low key but jam packed with good matches. Did get a chuckle out of one review criticising the production values.... hardly shocking like.

Finished it there very enjoyable show. I dont think there was any moty but still very good. Omega/pentagon and janela/page by far matches of the night.

The main event was great but you could really tell they had a longer match planned but was cut for time. Kinda dissapointing as it was the match i was most looking forward to.

Amell tried his best and for an actor put on a grand match.

Cody/aldis was a very wwe booked match but i think that was smart as cody is average in ring and aldis is terrible.

By far okada/marty was the only downer for me didnt enjoy it at all the worst okada match ive watched. Would have been much better cutting the time in half and giving it to main event.

The joey ryan bit hell im not sure what to think i love some ridiculous in wrestling but i think it was too much.

That was so fun a great way to spend 5 hours on a Sunday watching wrestling.

Brandi is perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Watched it live from Cody's match onwards, really enjoyed it. Main event being cut short sucked but they did really well with the time they had. Last 3 matches delivered.. hope they put on another show.

I enjoyed it.

The quality of wrestling on NXT has probably spoiled me but I have to be honest, I didn't think the quality of matches were amazing. Same issue I had the night in OTT I went, there seemed to be a lack of people co-ordinating matches between them. I lost count of how many cutters I saw, and a lot devolved into spot fests. Memorable moments rather than amazing matches.

Mind, the moments were brilliant; Cody winning the title, Amell through the table, Penis druids, Jericho, Flip winning the battle royal. The moments were brilliant.

And you felt that it was more about showing the crowd would go and have an awesome time, and that the show could exist in the state it did. I don't know if the fans were there for 5 star matches, as much as it was about being part of a "movement". And I'd bet every fan left the show feeling as if they had been a part of something really special.

So in that regard, it was an awesome show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was a great event but some of the live online was a bit OTT. The twitter fans were screaming that every match was 5 stars and anyone that said anything different got torn out of it. Even the WWE/NXT fans aren’t that delusional to think an entire card can but stacked with all 5 star matches.

Is there anyone in wrestling having a better 2018 than
    Chris Jericho
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus these indy vanilla midgets really have lacklustre in-ring psychology and dont know how to sell at all. Pure spotfest.

• Advertisement

Pentagon Jr isn't having a bad time either with Lucha Underground then Impact and now fighting Omega at this. I'm sure there was a list of people to fight Omega.

Speaking of Lucha Underground, when they kept on about Matt Cross being a 20 year veteran, I googled him and how could I not have recognised his beard as being the same as Son of Havoc.

I've got a strange feeling Austin Gunn is inspired by his dad. :)

Was cool seeing Cody win.

I take it that Madison Rayne isn't signed to WWE? Or was she finishing up bookings? Chelsea Green struck me as better than her time in Impact. Thought Britt was the weak link here. Tenille was pretty decent on commentary

Trying to decide if Brandi looked better in her Cody outfit or Flip outfit.

Advertisement