Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All In 01.09.2018

Options
  • 03-06-2018 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Tried finding a thread but couldn't spot one, by all means merge if there is one!

I just noticed surfing YT that the main event is likely looking to be a
    champion vs champion match between the ROH and NWA title holders.
    Have to say I'm actually enjoying the old school vibe fused with modern wrestling that NWA are presenting. That said, I've no idea what Aldis is trying to do with his accent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Earl Hebner and Jerry Lynn confirmed as refs
    https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1003350674183282688

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even though it was originally supposed to be a Ring Of Honor show, I bet Meltzer must've been a tad embarrassed when 10,000 tickets were sold, as it was originally put to him last May IF ROH could ever sell such an amount, and he said "not any time soon", Cody fired back with "I'll take that bet Dave", and the rest as we know is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any talk if they will PPV Stream it on any platform ?

Any talk if they will PPV Stream it on any platform ?

Kenny, Matt & Nick do have a Twitch channel, so I would imagine be streamed there.

2 further matches for the show announced via Episode 112 of BEING THE ELITE

Spoiler tagged in case anyone hasn't seen said episode of BTE
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Marty Scurll
    Joey Janella (with Penelope Ford) vs. Adam Page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I dont know why but i was kinda expecting some better matches to be annouced so far

I think im being a bit harsh as i dont think any will be bad matches

finally a match i really like this could be insane

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1023962926963720192

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Kinda disappointed with Okada facing Skurll, thought Okada might have a better match considering he rarely appears outside New Japan. Rumors of Omega and Pentagon which should be great.

I think Scurll facing Okada is like a test to move into the Heavyweight Singles in New Japan, win and you're in, lose and well you're gonna be a Junior Heavyweight for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think Scurll facing Okada is like a test to move into the Heavyweight Singles in New Japan, win and you're in, lose and well you're gonna be a Junior Heavyweight for another while.

I think New Japan would consider him too small for heavyweight. Look how long it took the Bucks to move up. I think Osperay would go up before Marty too.

Is Osperay appearing at All In?

• Advertisement

DjifHM-X4AA1yQQ.jpg

As for the show being stream/broadcast.

https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/1025105054758391808

Im not even sure what to think of this one

https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1026568690324701184?s=19

sky88 wrote: »
    Im not even sure what to think of this one

https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1026568690324701184?s=19

Could be interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As an Arrow fan, I'm excited.

He cut a pretty good promo on Being the Elite this week too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APkjUwO3qZ8&feature=youtu.be&t=8m54s

First women's match announced for the show.

https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1026918607740198912

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

been announced it will be on Fite as well

Kenny Omega vs Pentagon
    set for All In.

Final Card for ALL IN, and the already announced 5 names for the Over Budget Battle Royale, all spoiler tagged, just in case. Even though some of the matches are already known.
    Singles match
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Marty Scurll

Singles match
    Joey Janela (with Penelope Ford) vs. Hangman Page

Six-man tag team match
    Rey Mysterio, Fénix, and Bandido vs. The Golden Elite (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, and Kota Ibushi)

Singles match
    Christopher Daniels vs. Stephen Amell

Tag team match
    The Briscoe Brothers vs. SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky)

Over Budget Battle Royale 15-person Battle Royale to determine the #1 contender to the ROH World Championship
    Jordynne Grace, Moose, Rocky Romero, Colt Cabana, Ethan Page

Four-way match
    Madison Rayne vs. Britt Baker vs. Chelsea Green vs. Tessa Blanchard

Singles match for the ROH World Championship
    Jay Lethal (c) vs. Over Budget Battle Royale winner

Singles Match
    Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon

Singles match for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship
    Nick Aldis (c) vs. Cody Rhodes (with Brandi Rhodes)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Looks like a card worth watching!

Curious though .... why are people spoilering the match listings?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antrim14

Fite are charging 40 dollars (£31.46 / €35.30) for this. Bit too steep I think, for me anyway! Especially since it's a given who will going over in two of the three biggest matches (if Kenny or Okada lose I will genuinely be shocked).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is this an official event? Like are the results canon? What are the chances of a title change?
    Wonder if each person will be introduced as being from whatever company they work for

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is this an official event? Like are the results canon? What are the chances of a title change?
    Wonder if each person will be introduced as being from whatever company they work for
    Technically it's promoted by Rhodes and the Young Bucks rather than any one company. Five different companies are represented (NJPW, ROH, Impact, Lucha Underground and NWA) but it's not officially promoted by any of them. However, NWA and ROH have allowed their World Championships to be defended at the show. I would be very shocked if the ROH title changed hands at this as they have their own TV and PPVs but I'm not sure about the NWA Championship, it certainly could be going round Cody's waist.

NJPW aren't promoting this show but are pretty good about letting their talents work their own dates outside of NJPW tours. Normally they only allow their titles to be defended at other shows if it's a direct cross promotional show (like they have had with ROH in recent years) and they would never allow the IGPW World Heavyweight Championship to be defended on a non NJPW show. This might also be true for the Junior and Intercontinental Championships but I could be wrong. This is why Kenny is in a non title match. I expect the top NJPW talent to be booked strong as they are easily the biggest company but this isn't always the case e.g. ZSJ beating Okada in the UK before the summer there.

So yes, results will technically be canon but don't expect to hear about this show on any NJPW shows. I don't really watch ROH, Impact or Lucha Underground so I can't speak for them. To me, All In is it's own thing really. I expect it will be a fun show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

antrim14 wrote: »
    Fite are charging 40 dollars (£31.46 / €35.30) for this. Bit too steep I think, for me anyway! Especially since it's a given who will going over in two of the three biggest matches (if Kenny or Okada lose I will genuinely be shocked).

This is where the Network really causes problems for smaller companies.

When WWE are offering their PPV as well as so much other content for a tenner, asking for 3 times that for a smaller Indy show, as hyped as it is, might be a bit of a stretch.

Especially when I'd wager ther'es a massive crossover between "People who want to watch All In" and "People most likely to pirate wrestling PPVs".

Lord TSC wrote: »
    antrim14 wrote: »

This is where the Network really causes problems for smaller companies.

When WWE are offering their PPV as well as so much other content for a tenner, asking for 3 times that for a smaller Indy show, as hyped as it is, might be a bit of a stretch.

Especially when I'd wager ther'es a massive crossover between "People who want to watch All In" and "People most likely to pirate wrestling PPVs".
    Absolutely. There is definitely a huge crossover here. NJPW World is only 999 Yen (£7.06 / €7.93) a month and that's every single show they do (live) as well as their back library. The whole paying a small fortune thing for a wrestling PPV just seems so outdated to me now. I expect their to be low buy rates and lots of piracy. I'll happily pay for it at a later date if they lower the price to go back and watch it but no way am I paying 40 dollars.

Yea im not too sure if id ever be willing to pay for a one off ppv event again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'm pretty sure they're goal for this show was to sell 10,000 tickets and everything after that (PPV sales / merch) would be a bonus.

The hype generated has serious value as well and I'm sure lots of talent were happy to work at mate rates just to be involved. If they can make it an annual event it could be a serious earner for all involved over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they're goal for this show was to sell 10,000 tickets and everything after that (PPV sales / merch) would be a bonus.

The hype generated has serious value as well and I'm sure lots of talent were happy to work at mate rates just to be involved. If they can make it an annual event it could be a serious earner for all involved over time.

I’m not so sure annual will happen. They’ve done what they set out to do and sold out the 10,000 tickets. What’s next? I really don’t see where they will go after this. Also I’d imagine WWE are very interested in bringing all 3 in and the pay there (along with the deal they’ll arrange on % of their merch that’s sold) should see all 3 comfortably through the next 3-5 years

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’m not so sure annual will happen. They’ve done what they set out to do and sold out the 10,000 tickets. What’s next? I really don’t see where they will go after this. Also I’d imagine WWE are very interested in bringing all 3 in and the pay there (along with the deal they’ll arrange on % of their merch that’s sold) should see all 3 comfortably through the next 3-5 years

I hope they all turn down any overtures WWE will make towards them.

And The Young Bucks will have a new entrance theme at All In, but it's getting it's debut on Talk Is Jericho on the 22nd of August.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I hope they all turn down any overtures WWE will make towards them.

Same. Don't see why the Young Bucks would unless they've changed their tune drastically and are willing to settle down and do the WWE schedule.

Cody shouldn't until he has them by the absolute bollox in every way.

Advertisement