Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Took my shot with the girl from work - now my head is spinning

Options
  • 02-06-2018 2:21pm
    Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭

Original thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876222

Mods, I know there was problems with the last thread but I'm asking you to keep this one open, at least for a while anyway. Thanks.

So basically, I fell big time for a girl at work who is taken. My plan was to take her out, buy her a few drinks and then go in for a kiss. Well last night I put my plan into action and it worked. We spent an amazing night at my place, really one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

So this morning, as she's leaving, she gives me the saddest little smile I've even seen. I kiss her and tell her it'll be ok.

Later I message her to see how she is and she replied she hasn't stopped crying since she got home, she can't believe she cheated, she would never do this but for the alcohol (hmm). So I replied back she needs to be an adult about this and that I really like and she should leave her boyfriend (don't tell him about me) and come over to mine tonight. Her reply was she needs time to think.

So here I am going out of my mind with anxiety. I went out earlier and bought some wine just to take the edge off. Anyone got any advice on what I should do? Anything at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Stop being selfish for one thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahhh sure god love ya,Leave her alone! that's what you do, she already has a boyfriend! Scummy thing what you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Man your an ass.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

It's easy to judge, but when you're in love it's another story. I'm tempted to text her again or call.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's easy to judge, but when you're in love it's another story. I'm tempted to text her again or call.

In love really? Leave her alone FFS!

• Advertisement

In love really? Leave her alone FFS!

Yeah it is love. I've never felt about a girl the way I do about her. She's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

You should take a good hard look at why you put your needs ahead of someone you supposedly love. That's not love buddy.

Her life is destroyed and all you can think about is shagging her tonight. If you had any respect for her you wouldn't have gone near her.

I hope when you are in an actual relationship with someone you love that the same doesn't happen to you by another guy.

I really really hope this is a wind up, otherwise the poor girl.

zapper55 wrote: »
    You should take a good hard look at why you put your needs ahead of someone you supposedly love. That's not love buddy.

Her life is destroyed and all you can think about is shagging her tonight. If you had any respect for her you wouldn't have gone near her.

I hope when you are in an actual relationship with someone you love that the same doesn't happen to you by another guy.

I really really hope this is a wind up, otherwise the poor girl.

I didn't force her to do anything. We were already close, had got drunk together a number of times before, just us. It's obvious she feels the same way about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Somewhere today there’s a guy probably looking forward to seeing his gf tonight and he has no idea that she slept with a work colleague last night when she was drunk and is sitting crying with guilt now.

<Snip> Do not post links to videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I didn't force her to do anything. We were already close, had got drunk together a number of times before, just us. It's obvious she feels the same way about me.

If it's obvious she feels the same way about you , then why was she upset this morning ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    If it's obvious she feels the same way about you , then why was she upset this morning ...

Because she cheated I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

"She wouldn't have done it but for the alcohol"

Says it all there really.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Well I suppose the guilt kicked in big time. The hangover won't have helped with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

So she's proven she's capable of cheating on a partner and can't be truly loyal. You're both losers in this situation. What happens down the line when you're in a relationship and the butterflies die down and you settle down with each other and she's going out with other people for events and such. Do you think you won't be recalling her behaviour here and questioning when, not if, she's going to do the same to you? Pathetic behaviour all around, I'd hate to know both of you. But good luck, enjoy the 'love' while it lasts

Hope this slut is at least decent enough to be honest with her boyfriend so he can move on from her with dignity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

There'll be more than yer head spinning after she tells the boyfriend! As she will, because she was so upset this morning either because of what she did or what you did.

As I said on the other thread, the whole approach is an ugly mix of the ways Bill Cosby and Donald Trump treat women. Pathetic misogyny

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This all seems like a windup, especially considering the original thread. But let's run with it for now...

OP, I thought the big night was planned for tonight (Saturday)?!

Also, if your premeditated plan was to get the girl drunk, then I'd be concerned about consentual issues in the future if this is your modus operandi...

TomOnBoard wrote: »

As I said on the other thread, the whole approach is an ugly mix of the ways Bill Cosby and Donald Trump treat women. Pathetic misogyny

No it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If you actually love her, put her needs ahead of yours and leave her alone to sort herself out like she asked.

bee06 wrote: »
    If you actually love her, put her needs ahead of yours and leave her alone to sort herself out like she asked.

Yeah I'm going to give her some space.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

WTF are you doing on boards OP?

Everyone said your approach was that of an ash*le on the last thread. Why are you back, looking for some virtual high fives?

You'll get a smack in the gob someday over behavior like this. Mightn't be today or this girl's bf but keep going on like this and it'll come to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

You should delete these threads OP because it could all go wrong if she reads them. You've got the whole scenario spelled out and links to corresponding threads.

You would have regretted not trying your best. It's not often you meet someone special and it's just bad timing that she had a bf when ye met. She isnt married and no kids so I would go for it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Personally speaking if I got with someone that was to my knowledge already in a relationship, I could never see any future with them.

If they cheated once who is to say the next person that shows a bit of interest in them won't end up in bed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - when you think about it, deliberately getting her drunk was a sh*tty thing to do. You knew it would soften her up, make her more amenable to your approaches. It’s kind of predatory behaviour really.

If you truly thought she would return your advances, you’d do it sober.

My advice, leave her alone. If there’s anything between you at all, it will still be there in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

OP, I thought the big night was planned for tonight (Saturday)?!

Yeah I read Saturday on the last thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

She's perfect.

Would a perfect girl have sex with a guy behind her boyfriends back?
    I don’t know whos worse, you or her. Ah no I do, it’s you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Most of us can understand falling for someone who is already taken, but premeditated plying of her with drink to do the dirty deed is a pure sign of an utter ar$ehole. Her crying this morning is a sure sign that doesn't feel the same and is probably ashamed of herself for jumping I to your dirty sack of a bed. Utter regret is what she feels, not love for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Interesting. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

This was ACTUALLY posted by another on the previous thread...

If you do it drunk there is a good chance she will regret it immediately after or put it down to the alcohol, or chicken out of breaking up with her bf.. as you'd say yourself, man up and say it to her sober

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Scummy behaviour on your part OP. Karma's a bitch, hope it catches up with you soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Ughh... this is just gross.

Ply her with alcohol... Yeah, that's love...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement