Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't think Fanning will walk or get the sack cause of the league campaign

Will players strike ???

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Great ideas as I said previously about how to try to rectify the mess at administrative level but I’m still not happy with the fact of these fellas downing tools yesterday. In any man’s language that’s unacceptable and really and truly they don’t give a s##t about the supporters and the people that financially support them year on year. I just can’t get my head around that performance. As Shefflin said about Cork, even when they were in dispute with management/county board in cork they still didn’t bottle it like our fellas. Spitting the dummy out of the pram at this level is a sad reflection on themselves as hurlers and as human beings. Not only should we weed out the administration but also the 5/6 bad apples on the panel aswell should get the boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

Ropaire wrote: »
    We couldn't fill out Walsh Park for our first home game when there was still some optimism around the place, so I can't see enough interest to manage a protest march with enough numbers to make anyone take notice.

An online petition for a single issue of consequence like removing the East and West County stuff where ya just have to click in and sign it would be easier to handle though, and much easier to promote.

Yep I’d agree. But let’s wait till after next Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Waterford have plenty of talented forwards every bit as taleated as those you mention.......Lehane and harnady........??? Up until last year nobody had heard of gillane Hayes etc. Tipp lads yes. They have had serious talent in forwards but failed to deliver post 2010 when everyone thought they would dominate. Kk gave them an massive hiding in the semi in 2011 and it toook another 5 years for them to get back to winning ways. So all not totally gone but something has to change for next season or Offaly here we come

Kk beat Tipp in the 11 final by 4 points. Tipp beat Waterford at their ease on 12 and 15. Weird definition of winning ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't think Fanning will walk or get the sack cause of the league campaign

Will players strike ???

Id be suprised if he didnt walk after yesterday

What ever about poor tactics or crap preparation (which were woeful) to throw in the towel after 20 mins and 2 pts down at that stage is disgraceful behaviour

Fanning must shoulder large portion of the blame....but jesus fcuk.....there not kids anymore either (like 6 years since minor AI)...its time to step up

Calum lyons youngest man on the pitch is one of at best a handful who can hold their heads up after that display....fcuking cant get my head around how things have gone this bad

Would anyone honestly back us to beat kerry if it came to it,on that display yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

_blaaz wrote: »
    Id be suprised if he didnt walk after yesterday

What ever about poor tactics or crap preparation (which were woeful) to throw in the towel after 20 mins and 2 pts down at that stage is disgraceful behaviour

Fanning must shoulder large portion of the blame....but jesus fcuk.....there not kids anymore either (like 6 years since minor AI)...its time to step up

Calum lyons youngest man on the pitch is one of at best a handful who can hold their heads up after that display....fcuking cant get my head around how things have gone this bad

Would anyone honestly back us to beat kerry if it came to it,on that display yesterday

Yes Kerry would have beaten us yesterday playing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Yes Kerry would have beaten us yesterday playing like that.

Whatever about Kerry, Carlow would run ye close.

We beat Carlow 3-15 to 0-10 in the league but have regressed massively since then so ya you're probably right

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Of course Waterford would beat Carlow and Kerry. Some are saying Waterford are sh1te, others are saying they aren’t trying. I seriously doubt those two statements are true and I’d back the latter if I had to bet. The mindset needs to change, that’s all.

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Of course Waterford would beat Carlow and Kerry. Some are saying Waterford are sh1te, others are saying they aren’t trying. I seriously doubt those two statements are true and I’d back the latter if I had to bet. The mindset needs to change, that’s all.

There should be a play off in Munster for bottom team like Leinster to be fair. Just happens to be Waterford in that position at that moment but obviously will change.

• Advertisement

If you remember Offaly's decline started in the early 2000's. They were appearing in Leinster finals and All Ireland finals nearly every year. Then they started getting a few bad beatings, even with some of their star players in tow. People just said they were inconsistent or it was just a few bad days out. Then they started getting bad beatings from the top teams every year and hence, now they can't even hold themselves in the second tier. When players stop trying it sends out a bad message to the next generation and a malaise sets in. Something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Players out drinking last night apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

Well I was driven to drink after it, not surprised they were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

There should be a play off in Munster for bottom team like Leinster to be fair. Just happens to be Waterford in that position at that moment but obviously will change.

Yeah i agree it might shake them up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

Current set up with us yes. How bad to be relegated. Re group New Management and win or be runner up in Joe McDonagh cup and we’re in preliminary all Ireland quarter final avoiding Munster championship !!!

What would be the point? I suppose you could have a four team Munster championship but then you'd have to have six teams in the Leinster championship. Only fair way as we all know is to scrap the provincials altogether and have 2 groups of 5 in an open draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Apparently
    So what?
    Do you think they should be fined two weeks wages if true?
    Remember they are amateur players.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Yes they were. All langers in the nightclub. Can’t imagine how they had worked up a thirst though!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

If you remember Offaly's decline started in the early 2000's. They were appearing in Leinster finals and All Ireland finals nearly every year. Then they started getting a few bad beatings, even with some of their star players in tow. People just said they were inconsistent or it was just a few bad days out. Then they started getting bad beatings from the top teams every year and hence, now they can't even hold themselves in the second tier. When players stop trying it sends out a bad message to the next generation and a malaise sets in. Something to be aware of.

And they have one of the nicest emptiest county grounds in the country too.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

And they have one of the nicest emptiest county grounds in the country too.

Totally, Offaly are the bogeyman for us here - don't get our **** together we will end just like them.

Building a fancy new stadium would only serve to make away fans comfortable as they outnumber us whilst their team give us a beating ... Another pleasant trip to the south east

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Kk beat Tipp in the 11 final by 4 points. Tipp beat Waterford at their ease on 12 and 15. Weird definition of winning ways.

Correction 2012 semi final. KK 4-24 Tipperary 1-15..........that is 18 pts. Think this was the day Lar followed tommy walsh around Croke Park. I was just trying to make the point that Tipp have got a serious hiding and bounced back but it took 4 years to reach the peak again

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Correction 2012 semi final. KK 4-24 Tipperary 1-15..........that is 18 pts. Think this was the day Lar followed tommy walsh around Croke Park. I was just trying to make the point that Tipp have got a serious hiding and bounced back but it took 4 years to reach the peak again

Structure is very important and confidence in a coaching team. Look at donegal in football - went from being humiliated to an all Ireland semi final and the next year winners in 2 years.

I think a new level of nastiness is gonna creep into this thread, even poor PH will have to check out. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Structure is very important and confidence in a coaching team. Look at donegal in football - went from being humiliated to an all Ireland semi final and the next year winners in 2 years.

Donegal also had one of the most innovate, forward thinking, ahead of his time managers football has ever seen who played to an ultra rigid & defensive system but ultimately brought them to glory.

We had the same in hurling & was ran out of the job by a county board who had no ambition & hurling purists / snobs / knobs who said it was proper hurling that sweeper **** - we were in actual fact a puck of a ball from an all Ireland under Derek & by Christ could we do with him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

cul beag wrote: »

Yes they were. All langers in the nightclub. Can’t imagine how they had worked up a thirst though!

You have to feel sorry for Fanning. As a Waterford man, I’m sure he’s hurting more than anyone today. Hopefully the Brick wasn’t out as a lad of his age is in 3 day hangover territory haha

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Donegal also had one of the most innovate, forward thinking, ahead of his time managers football has ever seen who played to an ultra rigid & defensive system but ultimately brought them to glory.

We had the same in hurling & was ran out of the job by a county board who had no ambition & hurling purists / snobs / knobs who said it was proper hurling that sweeper **** - we were in actual fact a puck of a ball from an all Ireland under Derek & by Christ could we do with him back.

Five years in the job...didn't get us to the holy grail. Time to move on and stop living in the past lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Kinda glossing over derek mcgraths last year there??

The rot started with him

Plus the fact several players had left the panel and refused to play (cant call that muck hurling)under him

_blaaz wrote: »
    Kinda glossing over derek mcgraths last year there??

Plus the fact several players had left the panel and refused to play (cant call that muck hurling)under him

Who refused to play?

You have to feel sorry for Fanning. As a Waterford man, I’m sure he’s hurting more than anyone today. Hopefully the Brick wasn’t out as a lad of his age is in 3 day hangover territory haha

Im pretty sure brick dosen't drink. Ya it is tough on Fanning, he comes from a famous Waterford GAA family and its not nice to see a man hitting the deck in this way. I just think he is out of his depth both tactically and in terms of management style, his old school approach isnt washing with the current generation. He also wasnt helped by how the previous manager operated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

It's looking like the smartest people in all of this were Dinny Cahill and Pat Ryan for keeping away from the current group of players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement