Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

brookville wrote: »
    Richie reid will be available for the Martins match.He will be gone after that.It should be a good match.Clonkill drove a good few wides today and racked up a good score.The problem for the opposition is if you hold down one or two fowards usually someone else steps up.
    I think the cuala team haven't hit the heights of a few years ago and have being on the slide a bit.Well done to st mullens today
    To be fair to Ballyhale, they had to pump it up this week. And they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

conor05 wrote: »
    They will have to get out of Leinster first, Seir Kieran from Offaly are very strong this year

Not sure if you were serious or not, but Rathdowney hammered them today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Not sure if you were serious or not, but Rathdowney hammered them today
    rathdowney beat st ryanaghs, seir keiran are intermediate

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Ballyhale v ballygunner all.ireland final my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭conor05

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Ballyhale v ballygunner all.ireland final my prediction

In Croke Park Ballyhale would beat them a point a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

conor05 wrote: »
    In Croke Park Ballyhale would beat them a point a man
    i would disagree ballygunner gave ballyhale there most competitive game by a distance in last years provincial and all Ireland action, their far superior to st thomas who only had to win galway and beat the Ulster champions to make the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

I hear we're going to have a 4th selector for the Senior team likely announced after a County Board meeting on Tuesday. One of our former intercounty players who was still playing with his club up to a month or so ago. Hope it works out well for the O'LG man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Joe Henry

Would have thought things like that would have been worked out when the senior managment team was put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Joe Henry wrote: »
    Would have thought things like that would have been worked out when the senior managment team was put together.

You would think alright but we'll see tomorrow evening but I trust the two lads I heard it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭blackcard

I hear we're going to have a 4th selector for the Senior team likely announced after a County Board meeting on Tuesday. One of our former intercounty players who was still playing with his club up to a month or so ago. Hope it works out well for the O'LG man.

Martin Gorta Comerford, I think he managed OLG at u21 level one year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

The_Ghost wrote: »
    I’ve seen abit of the Martins, on their day they’re very good but they haven’t really got going this year. They were lucky against the Anne’s. I heard Devereux is injured too. Rory, jack and joe o Connor are good, joe Coleman is a big man and a good free taker. Ciarian lyng not bad either but I’d fully expect ballyhale to win. I think the games in nowlan park? Be interesting to see the matchups, last day I saw them jack o Connor was full forward. If ballyhale can get over them they will fancy themselves if they don’t already.

As Kilkenny, Leinster and All Ireland champions, Ballyhale won't fear anybody. They're a super outfit and would give plenty of teams a run for their money.

Are the kilkenny national league fixtures for 2020 out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Gorta confirmed. Bit left field. Has he any coaching experience at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭robwen

Former Kilkenny great, Martin Comerford, has been added to the Kilkenny senior hurling Selection Committee.
    The nomination of the O’Loughlin Gaels player was ratified at the monthly meeting of the County Board in UPMC Nowlan Park.
    Comerford, who was born in London, will join manager Brian Cody on a much changed Selection Committee for 2020.
    Long servers Derek Lyng (Emeralds) stood down to take over as manager of the county under-20 team, while Michael Dempsey (St Joseph’s), who looked after trainer plus strength and conditioning since 2005, also stepped aside.
    The new Selection Committee is Brian Cody, James McGarry (Bennettsbridge), DJ Carey (Young Irelands) and Martin Comerford.
    Michael Comerford (O’Loughlin Gaels) has taken over the training/strength and conditioning portfolio.
    A few seasons ago Martin Comerford (40) was involved in the senior management team with Meath.
    During a glittering career the 6’ 4” giant won six All-Irelands, four National Leagues and he was honoured as an All-Star on three occasions.
    Meanwhile, Ballyhale Shamrocks have confirmed that they will have county man, Richie Reid available for the Leinster club senior hurling semi-final against St Martin’s (Wexford) on Sunday week, most likely in UPMC Nowlan Park.
    The 26-year-old, who has been flying at wing-back this season, is due to head to the Lebanon with an Irish Army UN peace keeping force.
    Reid will be available to the Shamrocks, and on the day after the big game he will fly out to the Lebanon for a six month tour of duty.
    Meanwhile, the rest of the Shamrocks county contingents of TJ Reid, Joey Holden, Colin Fennelly, Evan Shefflin, Darren Mullen and Young Hurler of the Year, Adrian Mullen, will not be available to Kilkenny for the upcoming trip to New York.
    The Cats have been invited to play in the Super 11s hurling tournament in the Big Apple.
    This will be played on Saturday, November 16, the day before the Leinster club semi-final.
    The matches will be played in the home of the New York Mets in Queens.
    The other counties involved are All-Ireland champions, Tipperary along with Limerick, the MacCarthy Cup winners in 2018, and current Leinster champions, Wexford.
    During the short stay in New York, the Kilkenny officers will host a corporate event, in association with St Kieran’s College, to raise funds for a planned multi million euro development of an all weather facility.
    The likely venue for the new facility is the grounds of St Kieran’s College.

https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/sport/491576/martin-comerford-joins-kilkenny-senior-hurling-selection-committee.html

Does anybody have a clue why Martin Comerford was added to the selection .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Does anybody have a clue why Martin Comerford was added to the selection .

To help pick the team, Cody's wife is stepping down as well.

To think at 7-29am you had to write the above **** , as I asked before why is he been brought in now not when the rest of the selectors were ratified .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,309 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Has she been linked with the Waterford job then ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

To think at 7-29am you had to write the above **** , as I asked before why is he been brought in now not when the rest of the selectors were ratified .

I would imagine because O'Loughlin's were still in the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭brookville

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/305641
    Richie hogans red card stands after unsuccessful appeal.

• Advertisement

brookville wrote: »
    https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/305641
    Richie hogans red card stands after unsuccessful appeal.

He shouldn't have appealed it even - should have left it in my opinion. I thought red card would have carried a ban in next years championship but going by this, he'll miss first game of league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭big_drive

I think missing a league game as opposed to the championship opener is a good result really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭randd1

He shouldn't have appealed it even - should have left it in my opinion. I thought red card would have carried a ban in next years championship but going by this, he'll miss first game of league.

Too much was made of the red card to be honest in the aftermath of the All-Ireland for me what was a deserved red card. He should have just taken his licks and got on with it, there was no need to appeal it.

That said, given that he'll be missing a league game, it certainly softens the blow of the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

randd1 wrote: »
    Too much was made of the red card to be honest in the aftermath of the All-Ireland for me what was a deserved red card. He should have just taken his licks and got on with it, there was no need to appeal it.

That said, given that he'll be missing a league game, it certainly softens the blow of the ban.

If that's correct it's a great result for him.i thought you had to miss a game in the same competition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭big_drive

If that's correct it's a great result for him.i thought you had to miss a game in the same competition
    Always was the case. I think its a meeting half way here. Hogan still serves a suspension but its certainly not as painful as missing the championship. Overall i would say a good result for Hogan and Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

randd1 wrote: »

Too much was made because people who clearly saw a man being hit by an elbow whether accidentally or not tried to say he was hit with a shoulder, when the whole country could see his shoulder wasn't used.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

I suppose this appeal clearly signals R Hogan's intention to hurl for Kilkenny next year anyway.

He certainly had some good moments in this year's championship, but might not be a certain starter next year though. I guess a lot depends on how well he rehabilitates the back.

Yeah, that's what I always thought also.

BOSTIK wrote: »
    I suppose this appeal clearly signals R Hogan's intention to hurl for Kilkenny next year anyway.

He certainly had some good moments in this year's championship, but might not be a certain starter next year though. I guess a lot depends on how well he rehabilitates the back.

Yeah, here's hoping. He, fully fit, has still plenty to offer. Plus be hard for any player to finish their playing career like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

debok wrote: »
    Too much was made because people who clearly saw a man being hit by an elbow whether accidentally or not tried to say he was hit with a shoulder, when the whole country could see his shoulder wasn't used.

I don't want to rake the coals here again, but you are incorrect, Hogan never claimed that Barrett "was hit with a shoulder", he stated that he didn't connect with the elbow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement