Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallen for a girl at work

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Very defeatist attitude. I like her and she likes me. What if I never meet one like her again?

God above, give it a rest. Respect her relationship. Put yourself in the shoes of the boyfriend, would you be cool with what she's doing? Let's say you end up "winning her over" (just lol at this) and she leaves him for you, what then? Do you not draw the reasonable, common sense conclusion that this person is capable of emotionally cheating in a relationship and so disloyal that they'll leave a partner for somebody else? It's monkey branching and you want to stay away from anyone that does it. You need to get out more, there are so many other good women out there that'll be easy to connect with

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

Arrival wrote: »
    God above, give it a rest. Respect her relationship. Put yourself in the shoes of the boyfriend, would you be cool with what she's doing? Let's say you end up "winning her over" (just lol at this) and she leaves him for you, what then? Do you not draw the reasonable, common sense conclusion that this person is capable of emotionally cheating in a relationship and so disloyal that they'll leave a partner for somebody else? It's monkey branching and you want to stay away from anyone that does it. You need to get out more, there are so many other good women out there that'll be easy to connect with

She's going to cheat with someone else anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Arrival wrote: »

As I have said before I am love with her. If I just wanted sex I wouldn't do this but I am going ahead with it this Saturday and we will see what happens.

Maybe the boyfriend is a great guy or maybe he's a scumbag. I don't know. I do know sometimes you have to be selfish and do what's right for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

You're coming across very juvenile for 30 If you're not on the wind up here.

This is lose/lose in the long run. If you read the signals wrong and she turns you down because she has a boyfriend you look like a twat and have to still work with this person.

If something does happen and she ends it with her boyfriend and gets with you, you still look like a twat but there will also come a day/many days when she's out with her friends when you're not there and you'll question what a girl that's cheated before can do when you're not around. You'll never be able to fully trust her.

Now have some respect for yourself/her/her relationship and don't be that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The op said she was leaving the office soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Sorry but intentionally going after someone who is in a relationship is despicable.

And it’s worth noting that if a woman posted a thread saying she was planning on doing the same to a man in a relationship, she’d be ripped to shreds, and rightly so.

Is that really a positive, stable foundation for starting a relationship with someone? Lack of respect aside, it’s so messy.
    Leave her alone. Find someone single.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Rekop dog wrote: »
    You're coming across very juvenile for 30 If you're not on the wind up here.

This is lose/lose in the long run. If you read the signals wrong and she turns you down because she has a boyfriend you look like a twat and have to still work with this person.

Now have some respect for yourself/her/her relationship and don't be that guy.

She is leaving the office soon so it won't matter.

I'm not trolling and this is a serious issue for me. It's been wrecking my head for a month now. Most people here are telling me not to do it and maybe you're right. Maybe I'll chicken out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@unattendedbag & MadYaker - if you think a post is trolling then please use Report Post. Do not reply on thread adding empty noise to the discussion

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@anewme - post deleted as it was off topic. Please use Report Post and let the mods decide.

Closing this thread for now to let emotions cool down. We will revisit tomorrow.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement