Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallen for a girl at work

Options
  • 27-05-2018 5:28pm
    Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭

So I met this girl at work and we instantly clicked. Unfortunately she has a boyfriend. I know she likes me too.

I'm really digging this chick so I need some proven, effective strategies to win her over.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There are none. She has a boyfriend.
    Find another chick to dig.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

There are none. She has a boyfriend.
    Find another chick to dig.

Very defeatist attitude. I like her and she likes me. What if I never meet one like her again?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Very defeatist attitude. I like her and she likes me. What if I never meet one like her again?

What do you want people to do? Give you advice on how to break up a relationship? If she liked you enough she’d be with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I go it’s something unusual. But now I know why I’ve always lost girls to guys like you. It’s the stories you tell. Like that other guy who comes in here. When his friend stole that cow and his friend tried to make it with the cow...I wanna party with him.

What do you want people to do? Give you advice on how to break up a relationship? If she liked you enough she’d be with you.

Exactly. I need to know how to win her. She probably feels guilty about liking me. She's leaving the office soon so I need to make an all out effort on this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Exactly. I need to know how to win her. She probably feels guilty about liking me. She's leaving the office soon so I need to make an all out effort on this.

She's not a trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

So I met this girl at work and we instantly clicked. Unfortunately she has a boyfriend. I know she likes me too.

I'm really digging this chick so I need some proven, effective strategies to win her over.

Thanks.

Best thread ever

How do you know she likes you - examples please?

begbysback wrote: »
    Best thread ever

How do you know she likes you - examples please?

She spends her free time at work with me. She suggest we hang out after work. She laughs at my jokes Seems genuinely interested in what I get up to.

So she either likes me or is leading me on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

How old are you?

Have you even considered the feelings of her bf here?

How would you feel if you had a girlfriend and another guy where she worked started a thread on the internet about how to break up the relationship to win her over?

Esse85 wrote: »
    How old are you?

Have you even considered the feelings of her bf here?

How would you feel if you had a girlfriend and another guy where she worked started a thread on the internet about how to break up the relationship to win her over?

I am 30. Why would I care about his feelings? He's not my friend. Ive never met him.

I have met a woman who seems to be perfect for me, who actually gets me. If you met someone who seems perfect for you, would just let them go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Grow a pair and ask her if shes interested in you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 CulptPrit

I would say go for it, and the sooner the better. You're not going to get much advice here for God's sake. Just be funny, and maybe start by keeping the chit chat more so about her, as this will allow you to poke fun at her.

Don't prepare, and don't worry if perfectly smooth words don't to come to mind. And after you've made your move, just continue on talking about whatever like it wasn't a big deal. If you're the nervous sort, then when asking her, just be sure your voice doesn't go higher, that your shoulders stay relaxed, as well as eye contact.

Of course she'll still say 'no', even if there is a chance, however you might get a few questions about yourself, and why you asked her, etc. These questions mean she curious, and you can bring it out of her if you play your cards right. If you get any "but you know I've a boyfriend" type questions, just ignore them and keep showing the same intent. However, if she does mean no, then she'll act quite different!

When around her, you need to be the one that sets the pace... deciding when the interactions end, and so on. You cannot be the guy who's waiting for her. Your time is valuable! If ye're about the work place, and you sense she's enjoying your company, that might even be a good time to (& it's the last thing you'll think to do), get up and leave, saying you've to go somewhere. That would sort of be like an ultimatum for your company, while also showing her that talking to a pretty girl isn't a big deal to you.

But if you're trying to pull off any tricks, be weary in case such things contradict your character, or previous things you've done and said. But above all, try not to want this too much. The chances are nothing will happen.

Mods - ye can close the thread now!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,294 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

She spends her free time at work with me. She suggest we hang out after work. She laughs at my jokes Seems genuinely interested in what I get up to.

So she either likes me or is leading me on.

Or ye know she's a friend

lawred2 wrote: »
    Or ye know she's a friend

I have no female friends so I doubt it.

Anyway we'll be out next weekend. My plan is to wait until we're both drunk (we both like to drink) and then grab her and kiss her. Then we'll know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Anyway we'll be out next weekend. My plan is to wait until we're both drunk (we both like to drink) and then grab her and kiss her. Then we'll know.

So basically you are going to get her drunk an take advantage of her. What a creep you are. That can be considered sexual assault or rape of it goes further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Your on a wind up here Casanova or else delusional.
    If your well able to read her signs you should need no help.
    What happens though few years down the line and she's hanging out with a lad from work because she get him and finds his jokes funny. Don't get too jealous.

So basically you are going to get her drunk an take advantage of her. What a creep you are. That can be considered sexual assault or rape of it goes further.

Oh come off it. I'm not going to 'get her drunk' we're going to get drunk together because we enjoy each other's company and I'm going to make a move. Last time we were in that situation I had my arm around her rubbing her back and she didn't object. Should have kissed her then.

And having reread your post, <SNIP>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 CulptPrit

Anyway we'll be out next weekend.
    And the bf won't be there?

CulptPrit wrote: »
    And the bf won't be there?

Nope :) and not the first time we've hung out without him being there.

Your 30 years of age and your on here looking for "some proven, effective strategies to win her over", a girl currently in a relationship.

And a couple of hours later your declaring to get the two of you drunk and go for a kiss then.

Best of luck in life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭conor05

Esse85 wrote: »
    Your 30 years of age and your on here looking for "some proven, effective strategies to win her over", a girl currently in a relationship.

And a couple of hours later your declaring to get the two of you drunk and go for a kiss then.

Best of luck in life.

I have to laugh at that myself.
    He is on boards at 30 years of age trying to find out how to pull a girl that has a boyfriend.

I’d say he is on a wind up but if he is not I am worried for both of them later in life 😂

Patww79 wrote: »
    He might have low morals when it comes to a woman in a relationship but this post is absolute bull**** and a sad reflection on thinking these days. He didn't say that at all and it's ridiculous to imply he did.

Thank you. I may be clueless about women but that person is clueless about people in general if he doesn't realise people get drunk and hook up all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

I am 30. Why would I care about his feelings? He's not my friend. Ive never met him.

I have met a woman who seems to be perfect for me, who actually gets me. If you met someone who seems perfect for you, would just let them go?

This is the most childish answer I’ve ever heard.
    If u have to come onto a forum to ask people how to win a girl over ur clearly not the datable type.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if she was into u so put some actions into words and u wouldn’t need to be on hear asking how I’d win her over.

conor05 wrote: »
    I have to laugh at that myself.
    He is on boards at 30 years of age trying to find out how to pull a girl that has a boyfriend.

I’d say he is on a wind up but if he is not I am worried for both of them later in life 😂

You laugh now but you might find yourself in the same situation. To be clear I'm only doing this because I really like her. This is a girl I can spend hours talking to. I don't meet ones like this very often. If I only wanted her for sex I wouldn't bother but this is love we're talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Go for it. Just be funny in front of her and stuff.
    I find if you stand in front of 'them' with your right arm in the air and cup your left hand and place it under your right armpit, then sharply bring your right arm down to your side, it makes a BIG fart sound...
    Women love that and you become irresistible :)

I wonder why you've no female friends :O

Maybe the answer is contained within your plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

You said your plan is to wait untill she's drunk then grab her and kiss her. That is creepy!! Why not do it when she's sober, she likes you after all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Word of advice. Cheat with me cheat on me!
    if she cheats with you then a few years down the line it will happen to you when the next best thing pops up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement