Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallen for a girl at work

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Patww79 wrote: »
    He might have low morals when it comes to a woman in a relationship but this post is absolute bull**** and a sad reflection on thinking these days. He didn't say that at all and it's ridiculous to imply he did.

Agree 100%. I really fear for my young lad when he grows up. He’ll need his lawyer to hold his Mickey on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Agree 100%. I really fear for my young lad when he grows up. He’ll need his lawyer to hold his Mickey on a night out.

Rare a young fellow that doesn't plan on getting a girl (who has a boyfriend) drunk then grab her an kiss her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Oh come off it. I'm not going to 'get her drunk' we're going to get drunk together because we enjoy each other's company and I'm going to make a move. Last time we were in that situation I had my arm around her rubbing her back and she didn't object. Should have kissed her then.

And having reread your post, **** you you utter cretin.

OP got to rub her back previously and she didn't tell him to stop :D

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Bmw123d wrote: »
    This is the most childish answer I’ve ever heard.
    If u have to come onto a forum to ask people how to win a girl over ur clearly not the datable type.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if she was into u so put some actions into words and u wouldn’t need to be on hear asking how I’d win her over.

What's childish about It? I'm 30, my best years are behind me, the only love I've experienced is unrequited love. Now I've meet an amazing girl but she has a bf. If she rejects me i will respect that, lick my wounds and move on, but i'm not letting her go without a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So basically you are going to get her drunk an take advantage of her. What a creep you are. That can be considered sexual assault or rape of it goes further.

OP sounds a lot like he has Bill Cosby's tactics mixed with Donald Trump's attitude...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You sound deluded and when you make your "move" I hope she slaps you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,294 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Word of advice. Cheat with me cheat on me!
    if she cheats with you then a few years down the line it will happen to you when the next best thing pops up

My thoughts exactly. Hardly the best footing to start a relationship on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@ANDREWMUFC - warned and post deleted for not being up to standard

@A Pint of Goo - warned for uncivil language. Watch it in future please

All posters - watch the standards please

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

If you can pull it off then awesome and don't blame yourself. She has a boyfriend and it is solely on her to control herself. If my girlfriend cheated on me, I wouldn't blame the guy, I would blame her because she was the one that's in a relationship. She'll probably cheat on you as well at some point so best to use her in a friend with benefits kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think you should just tell her how you feel and then at least you will know where you stand. I wouldn’t get involved unless she feels the same and has ended her relationship. Plenty of genuine single people out there so you don’t need to get involved with people already in relationships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Going after someone else's girlfriend is a real scummy thing to do.

If a girl went after another another girls boyfriend she'd be called all sorts and rightly so, same rules should apply here.

Anyway i'll update next week. Keep the advice coming. Even if most of it is negative I still appreciate people taking the time to write a message.

Telling ye though, the Gods want this to happen. I have next week booked off from work. That means a week of her not seeing me and realising how much she misses me. Then It's showtime on Saturday night. I didn't plan this.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

You laugh now but you might find yourself in the same situation. To be clear I'm only doing this because I really like her. This is a girl I can spend hours talking to. I don't meet ones like this very often. If I only wanted her for sex I wouldn't bother but this is love we're talking about!

This just proves ur childishness and that fact that u haven’t had many girls. “This is love”. U don’t even no the girl ffs

You said your plan is to wait untill she's drunk then grab her and kiss her. That is creepy!! Why not do it when she's sober, she likes you after all?

Because I'd never have the bottle to do it sober. Lets be clear, we're two adults who are going to get drunk because we like each other. I'm not grooming a child here.

If she rejects me that's fine and I will respect that 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Man the fcuk up and ask her out to dinner, or something that doesn't involved getting her so plssed that she has her guard down.

Tell her how you feel and tell her you'd like to go out with her. Give her time to think it over. Be prepared to be rejected.

Getting her drunk first is sly, creepy, seedy, dishonest and dangerous. Its an appalling way to start a relationship and an immature and nasty way to behave.

You need to grow up, you sound immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

What's childish about It? I'm 30, my best years are behind me, the only love I've experienced is unrequited love. Now I've meet an amazing girl but she has a bf. If she rejects me i will respect that, lick my wounds and move on, but i'm not letting her go without a fight.

Ur delusional u know that. U have no female friends u haven’t had love before. Ur in ur 30s and ur going to wait till she’s drunk. If u ask me I’d say u sound like a physco

Anyway i'll update next week. Keep the advice coming. Even if most of it is negative I still appreciate people taking the time to write a message.

Telling ye though, the Gods want this to happen. I have next week booked off from work. That means a week of her not seeing me and realising how much she misses me. Then It's showtime on Saturday night. I didn't plan this.

I admire how determined you are, she must be nice! I have no problems with trying it on with a girl in a relationship, she's the one in the realationship so she has to decide weather to be loyal to bf or break up with him or cheat.

I do have a problem with "waiting till she's drunk then grabbing her and kissing her" when she mightn't be thinking straight, I've often tapped people I wouldn't want to with beer goggles on. If ye are clicking like you say, you should have no problem talking about it or getting romantic while sober.

Bmw123d wrote: »
    This just proves ur childishness and that fact that u haven’t had many girls. “This is love”. U don’t even no the girl ffs

I've been with tons of women but the 3 that I've been in love with I blew it.

You're a very negative person, you know that?

I admire how determined you are, she must be nice! I have no problems with trying it on with a girl in a relationship, she's the one in the realationship so she has to decide weather to be loyal to bf or break up with him or cheat.

I do have a problem with "waiting till she's drunk then grabbing her and kissing her" when she mightn't be thinking straight, I've often tapped people I wouldn't want to with beer goggles on. If ye are clicking like you say, you should have no problem talking about it or getting romantic while sober.

I get you but I'm not the type to do these things sober, I just can't. I'm sorry I cursed at you but your comment really annoyed me because I hate men who prey on women.

Fact is though women are not victims. They like to go out and drink and screw as much as men do.

And yeah, she is great.

Greybottle wrote: »
    Man the fcuk up and ask her out to dinner, or something that doesn't involved getting her so plssed that she has her guard down.

Dinner as first date is an awful idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

She spends her free time at work with me. She suggest we hang out after work. She laughs at my jokes Seems genuinely interested in what I get up to.

Lay it out. Tell her you like her and would like to see her if she is ever single in the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If you do it drunk there is a good chance she will regret it immediately after or put it down to the alcohol, or chicken out of breaking up with her bf.. as you'd say yourself, man up and say it to her sober

Even txt her if you know you can't say it to her face. Drink a few pints then text her if you have to. It could end up embarrassing for you if she rejects you though. I wouldn't ever go near a bird I work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Honestly from what I can see she has shown zero inclination towards liking you. So she laughs at your jokes and takes interest in what you get up to? Guess I must fancy all my mates so.
    If you pounce on her while drink you run the risk of not only ruining your friendship, but totally mortifying the girl. If she thought you were worth ending her relationship over she’d have already done it. I think you’re being incredibly silly.

Honestly from what I can see she has shown zero inclination towards liking you. So she laughs at your jokes and takes interest in what you get up to? Guess I must fancy all my mates so.
    If you pounce on her while drink you run the risk of not only ruining your friendship, but totally mortifying the girl. If she thought you were worth ending her relationship over she’d have already done it. I think you’re being incredibly silly.

I get on really well with a lot of the girls in the office but none of them ever say 'want to see this band tonight?'. Look I'm not a total fool, I know when a woman is into me.

Also I know full well that if we carry on like this much longer she'll lose interest and see me as just a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

I know she likes me too.

Well if she doesn't take your bait, she's a girl worth keeping as far as her boyfriend is concerned. If she takes the bait, quite frankly you deserve each other. Bonus points for the boyfriend because he will have dodged a bullet. With a bit of luck she'd do the same thing to you some day.

If you really must take a girl in a relationship out, then at least have the gallantry to 'win her over' while she is sober enough to make sensible decisions for herself.

Verity. wrote: »
    Well if she doesn't take your bait, she's a girl worth keeping as far as her boyfriend is concerned. If she takes the bait, quite frankly you deserve each other. Bonus points for the boyfriend because he will have dodged a bullet. With a bit of luck she'd do the same thing to you some day.

If you really must take a girl in a relationship out, then at least have the gallantry to 'win her over' while she is sober enough to make sensible decisions for herself.

Why am I the bad guy in all this? She is not an innocent teenager. Considering she has got me drunk with before I'd say she knows what she's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I am 30. Why would I care about his feelings? He's not my friend. Ive never met him.

I have met a woman who seems to be perfect for me, who actually gets me. If you met someone who seems perfect for you, would just let them go?

You sound like a catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

Whatever the case, you should move quickly or you'll get friendzoned and won't have a chance. You have to go straight to the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

Why am I the bad guy in all this? She is not an innocent teenager. Considering she has got me drunk with before I'd say she knows what she's doing.

You've portrayed yourself the bad guy as you put it, due to your questionably low morals and the tactics in which you would use to win this one over.

If she is doing the same thing as you, perhaps you should make a move sooner rather than later. The boyfriend deserves better than her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement