Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fcuk this world

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Can you pm me the link

You're your own worst enemy. And your behaviour 'here' ^ is worrying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

r/watchpeopledie on Reddit is a great resource if anyone wants some "f*ck this world" material. It's oddly fascinating.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Can you pm me the link

Man, like you I'm attracted to the dark side of things. I'll read about Nanking and what the Russians did in Germany etc even though it sickens me but you really don't want to start watching these videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Well eff this World is right. I have to go and buy a third yes a fricking THIRD Memory Card for fork sake after losing 2!!:o:rolleyes::rolleyes: :mad::mad::(:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

IMO most people are fundamentally good but everyone at the end of the day looks after their own and their nearest and dearest first. About 10 to 15% of people are nasty, selfish and arrogant and love to bully and put down others.

It only takes a few charismatic and powerful evil psychopaths to whip up a frenzy of hatred amongst otherwise decent people. Just look at how religion controlled so many societies, including our own of course. The World wars, the Holocaust, Nanking massacre etc. Evil and hard times lead to evil acts by otherwise decent people.

What amazes me is how many people are easily manipulated by those in power. So many seem to be unable to think for themselves but I think that is changing - and the internet is a major factor.

I would advise the OP and others not to get consumed by feeding on a diet of evil images, stories and negativity. It's not good for one's mental health. Not good at all. Not saying ignore and wilfully block out the reality of the horrors of humankind and its capacity for evil and cruelty, but also look at the beauty in the world too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The scary thing is how many of that 99% will go along with the 1% for reasons of self preservation or how many of them will bury their heads in the sand to avoid confrontation.

OK so what do YOU do?

A wise saying is that we are each responsible only for our own actions, not for the actions of anyone else.

Self preservation is not good if it results in harm being done to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

RobertKK wrote: »
    We all know that certain humans have done terrible things to other humans, animals etc.
    But one can't allow what bad people did or do, cloud what most people do which is being good, doing good and making the world a better place.
    One can't live their life being angry, one needs to find the right balance. What you are doing OP is not good for your mental health. It is affecting you negatively and it seems you actively look to make yourself miserable when you don't need to.

Nor can you live on Cloud Nine doing nothing re the sufferings of other and claiming that all is well. It isn't and never will be unless we each and all see that and do something.

Complacency is the worst evil there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

JupiterKid wrote: »

I would advise the OP and others not to get consumed by feeding on a diet of evil images, stories and negativity. It's not good for one's mental health. Not good at all. Not saying ignore and wilfully block out the reality of the horrors of humankind and its capacity for evil and cruelty, but also look at the beauty in the world too.

Agreed. The worrying thing about the OP is that he's looking to payback the evildoers. That's the mentality of a lot of people that commit such atrocities in the first place. Most of the Nazi's did it out righting a wrong and thinking they were justified in doing what they did. I.e. right/god was on their side.

If I were the OP I'd have a word with my parents about how he is feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

In my 34 years I have developed a fair amount of cynicism and I tend to avoid human interaction outside of family and friends unless absolutely necessary. That is not to say I am unhappy - just not a people person and I think the world is largely a sh*thole :P I am happy in the peace and quiet of my own company or those close to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Awesome. Sometimes I delve deep into the history and make myself extremely upset and angry. I know it's the past but here is my reason for hating people in this world.

Don't be so hard on people.

........ theres nature too.

Ni**as getting burned by the Pompei volcano. There was one m*therfu**er preserved in an ash/volcanic stone cocoon, his painful death at the hands of a non caring natural world preserved for gormless halfwits like me to gawk and point at.

Then theres banda achei, you know, that massive tsunami that wiped out 300,000 people in a day back in ...2004 i think.

thats just two off the top of my head, how many more the various crop failures, droughts, earthquakes, ....one cnt died after getting hit on the head with a tiny, fast travelling meteor that had traveled to his exact spot on earth from depths and times of space that we can't comprehend.

You can't win.

And thats just the non-sentient part of nature, theres all the mental life forms other than humans getting up to all grizzly sht, from insects laying eggs in each others heads to your run of the mill lion chomping through a gazelles neck.

And to top it off, ... since lions came up .... i saw one picture there of an elderly lion, basically wasting away with a few scars, even the once great burn out, get snuffed out by a rival, or fade out.

so yeah life fundamentally is sht.

plus, you never actually win (that I know of) .... you can fail a billion ways, but theres no 'level complete'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

You seem to be suffering a little bit from confirmation bias, where you only look for information and stories to support your bias or claim. I'm not disputing there has been some truly awful people in the world, but they stand out from the crowd because good news doesn't sell.

As bad as the human race has been, we are nowhere near as bad right now. This short TED video is a refreshing look at the topic of "Is the world getting better or worse" from the brilliant Stephen Pinker, with actual numeric analysis (although I'd question the accuracy of some of the numbers)

Focus your time & energy on good things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I am the first to agree that mankind is a dangerous, violent, childish, selfish and volatile species.
    That is because in evolutionary terms, we're barely out of the trees.
    We're basically monkeys with ties that drive cars. We inherited a lot if traits from chimps. They're nowhere near as cute as one may think. Chimpanzees are a vicious, violent lot.

And here comes the But!
    In evolutionary terms, we're climbing ever onwards and upwards and I have high hopes for humanity. Because there is a lot of potential. Over time (if we haven't wiped each other out), humanity has the potential for greatness.
    Yes, there are people out there who will gladly hack bits off you with a machete, starve you, beat you or otherwise abuse you.
    But when I consider the large amount of people I met throughout my life, there have been a lot of good ones and some great ones.
    Even though I may do so sometimes (hypocrite warning!) I would implore you OP not to judge the entire human race based on the actions of a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I am the first to agree that mankind is a dangerous, violent, childish, selfish and volatile species.
    That is because in evolutionary terms, we're barely out of the trees.
    We're basically monkeys with ties that drive cars. We inherited a lot if traits from chimps. They're nowhere near as cute as one may think. Chimpanzees are a vicious, violent lot.

And here comes the But!
    In evolutionary terms, we're climbing ever onwards and upwards and I have high hopes for humanity. Because there is a lot of potential. Over time (if we haven't wiped each other out), humanity has the potential for greatness.
    Yes, there are people out there who will gladly hack bits off you with a machete, starve you, beat you or otherwise abuse you.
    But when I consider the large amount of people I met throughout my life, there have been a lot of good ones and some great ones.
    Even though I may do so sometimes (hypocrite warning!) I would implore you OP not to judge the entire human race based on the actions of a few.

I think people in general are good but we as a whole need to take responsibility for our lifestyle choices. Otherwise we're going to destroy ourselves and a hell of a lot of wildlife, we are far too complacent at the moment and keep kicking the can down the road in terms of actually taking action.

The important thing to consider though is that Earth will continue thriving whether we destroy ourselves or not. Numerous times throughout history there have been mass extinctions where >99% of animal species have been wiped out over a short (geologically speaking) time period. The whole environment thing is much more a human issue than we give it credit for, which in no way makes it okay for us to interfere with the ecosystem, but it's about time we take responsibility for ourselves and our fellow man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

At times it's good being a misanthropist :)

The important thing to consider though is that Earth will continue thriving whether we destroy ourselves or not. Numerous times throughout history there have been mass extinctions where >99% of animal species have been wiped out over a short (geologically speaking) time period. The whole environment thing is much more a human issue than we give it credit for, which in no way makes it okay for us to interfere with the ecosystem, but it's about time we take responsibility for ourselves and our fellow man.

George Carlin, take a bow.

The Earth is fine!! We're ****ed :D

Agreed. Op, if we think of the 5 stages of grief, and I'm guessing you're young, you're grieving over your newfound knowledge of how intensely manifest evil can be on two legs, in plain sight.
    But you've now reached a decision point. And its unavoidable. In exclaiming your deep grief/malaise/alienation, and reaching out to us here, you've been given perspectives/ options/ tools. The biggest moral debacle you now must face is what do YOU do? Not what did they do in Nanking or Auschwitz.
    Will you volunteer to help in a soup kitchen and watch selfless others pay homage to human goodness or God. Will you watch patient carers work with the old or mentally handicapped?
    Will you spend time around the old and see how you can help them?
    Time is linear. Or at least its a linear construct. You can't go back there. You are right to be aggrieved at what you've exposed yourself to. But now, you must take the rational steps of a warrior and shine with goodness and doing. A true warrior fights in non-fighting. Don't get consumed by anger. Its your age, your freshness but it's also a volatile petrol inside you that's hard to control.
    Read 'The Sacred Path of the Warrior'. Read Thikh Nhat Hanh on Anger. It might feel like you're selling out, but never give in to it. Trust me, I've been there.
    The choice is simple. Granted, not everyone sees or feels what you are. But many do. You now have a choice. Resolve to be a force for good; or wallow in (dare I say enjoy) consuming pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

r/watchpeopledie on Reddit is a great resource if anyone wants some "f*ck this world" material. It's oddly fascinating.

Its a disgrace that is a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

OP. You really need to step away from the negative parts of the internet to allow yourself to go outside the door & breathe for a while until you feel better. The reason why I would say this is it because taking part in depressing online routines like these makes you closer to getting worsening mental health & becoming close to having impending self-destruction upon yourself & towards others. Looking at all of this horrible stuff online in what it sounds like through every breathing minute of the day is simply not good for your soul. You need to focus on both good things & good people in life to make yourself feel so much better. If you do things in your life like joining a society that allows people to make a positive difference to the world; there is no stopping you in joining one. Focus on the more important things in your life like keeping up with regular contact with your family & friends to catch up on things you missed with them. And most importantly look after your physical & mental health because if either of those is not in peak condition you do need help with that to get better. You just need to keep away from routines that kept you depressed & miserable for nearly all of the time & focus on getting happier by getting away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know this might be hard to believe

But over 99% of people are decent folk

No where near 99%.
    It is funny as the counter-argument to that is life is a rat race. It's dog eat dog. None of us are perfect etc. People tend to agree when the later is mentioned but will still say ah most people are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Op stop smoking doobie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

I gave up on this world a long time ago. It's a sinister, unforgiving and very dark place at times. I try my best to see the good things around me, like a pleasant walk in the evening, or enjoying a nice meal with my wife. I've lost faith in our own country, so much crime, anti social behaviour coupled with terrible uncaring self serving politicians. It's all a lost cause and the quicker that you learn to accept that OP, the quicker you'll relax and live your own life with some degree of happiness.

Advertisement