Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fcuk this world

Options
  • 26-05-2018 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Awesome. Sometimes I delve deep into the history and make myself extremely upset and angry. I know it's the past but here is my reason for hating people in this world.

Till was born and raised in Chicago and in August 1955, was visiting relatives near Money, in the Mississippi Delta region. He spoke to 21-year-old Carolyn Bryant, the white married proprietor of a small grocery store there. Although what happened at the store is a matter of dispute, Till was accused of flirting with or whistling at Bryant. Decades later, Bryant disclosed that, in 1955, she had fabricated testimony that Till made verbal or physical advances towards her in the store.[1][2] Till's reported behavior, perhaps unwittingly, violated the strictures of conduct for an African-American male interacting with a white woman in the Jim Crow-era South.[3] Several nights after the store incident, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J.W. Milam went armed to Till's great-uncle's house and abducted the boy. They took him away and beat and mutilated him before shooting him in the head and sinking his body in the Tallahatchie River. Three days later, Till's body was discovered and retrieved from the river.

COUNTLESS other hangings and killings of children by grown adults. Oh give me a sec, I'll post a case of where a 12 year old boy was put in an electric chair in good old free United States of America. Oh should I also mention what Japanese did to the Chinese in nanking? You probably don't want to know because if you think nazis were bad then try reading about the nanking massacre. A quick Google and you will see a Japanese officer posing with around 100 heads of decapitated civilians including children. Watching these photos have definitely traumatised me. **** this world and I can guarantee you that if people could get away with this in this time then same things would be happening as well. After all it was the normal less than 100 years ago.

Tl;dr humans are scum and have been throughout the history. I am antisocial because of this. I spend hours reading about these historical events.

Not only that, you see these crowds of idiots smiling in the photos, oh look we just hanged 40 men for no ****ing reason which left children fatherless and widows. Awesome, I swear I would give so much to get back in history. Give me a room and these smiling scum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know this might be hard to believe

But over 99% of people are decent folk

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

Very true, I find people in Ireland are very nice but I am talking about the past. How do you justify crowds hanging women and children and smiling in photographs while doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very true, I find people in Ireland are very nice but I am talking about the past. How do you justify crowds hanging women and children and smiling in photographs while doing so?

Seen some crap with my own eyes. Yep there some sick people in world, but most are horrified by things like this and would never want see it happen and want justice

Laura and L. D. Nelson were an African-American mother and son who were lynched on May 25, 1911, near Okemah, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma.[2][1][3]

L. D. was reported to have shot and killed Okemah's deputy sheriff, George Loney, on May 2, 1911, while Loney and a posse were searching the Nelsons' farm for a stolen cow. L. D. and Laura were both charged with murder; Laura was charged because she allegedly grabbed the gun first. Her husband, Austin, pleaded guilty to larceny and was sent to the relative safety of the state prison in McAlester. Laura and L. D. were held in the Okemah county jail, possibly along with Laura's baby, Carrie, to await trial.[4][5]

During the night of May 24–25, Laura and L. D. were seized from their cells by between a dozen and 40 white men, reportedly including Charley Guthrie, father of the folk singer Woody Guthrie.[6] The Associated Press reported at the time that Laura was raped.[a] She and L. D. were then hanged from a railroad bridge over the North Canadian River. According to one source, Laura's baby was with her but survived the attack.[8]

Yeah awesome world.

There are photographs for all of this. I don't recommend seeing them as you will probably be traumatised like I am. Knowing that that scum like this exists makes me hate the world and become extremely hostile to anyone showing any agreession towards me because I assume that these are the people that would perform these acts with a smile. Would slaughter you and your family smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Sile Na Gig

For the sake of your mental health I would suggest not torturing yourself with this stuff. Focus on how you can make a positive impact on the people around you. If you’re distressed by injustice why not volunteer for amnesty or join a similar campaign. At least then you will be making a difference and will be surrounded by people who feel the same. I’ve been where you are, OP, it’s not a good place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Awesome. Sometimes I delve deep into the history and make myself extremely upset and angry.

Ok so I stopped reading about here...

Is it worth reading on?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Its up to society to develop and ensure these acts are not accepted and the perpetrators are dealt with.
    Its a sick world but its slowly getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Buy yourself a 99 with sprinkles tomorrow and relax

I just want to know how can someone behead men, women and children then place their heads in a single pile for a photograph and show it off like it's some kind of achievement. That was world war 2 so it's not going back thousands of years. And it's not a single person, no, it's thousands of them. All well documented.

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »

Is it worth reading on?

Probably not, just a rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Seen some crap with my own eyes. Yep there some sick people in world, but most are horrified by things like this and would never want see it happen and want justice

You have seen absolutely noting then and it is utterly sickening that you would defend 99% of the people on this planet and what they are doing.

The human mind, no matter how open, can't even being to comprehend a tiny percentage of the horror on this very planet.

We just say "oh no," sip our coffee, and get on with your day. Pretend to care for a moment before jumping straight back into the delusions of every day life, trying not to think about it. Just because you can't see the horrors in front of your eyes, you think it's ok to ignore them.

To agree with the OP - fcuk this world straight to the deepest portions of hell. By every single last strand of our own human morality, we have utterly and eternally failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

I am also an avid reader of world history, my favorite subject in school etc and still is to this day but I too have grappled with such thoughts as to how human beings can given certain circumstances be so cruel to each other, the death camps in ww2 just one on a long list of many, I don’t know All you can do is be a good force to counter the bad, I understand your struggle though it is scary to think of what we are capable of and how these acts are justified by the perpetrators at the time, a cause, I’m good they’re bad therefore it’s ok to do it etc. I think a lot of it is to do with a strong personality influencing the many like sheep etc just look at germany during ww2 the majority were behind hitler even though what he was spouting was insane, maybe a few voices of dissent at the beginning but once they where snuffed out the majority fell in line for fear of speaking out, then this way of way of thinking becomes the norm anyone who then raises their head to say this is wrong become the bad guys/the outcasts, this unfortunately is a trait of humans, I’ve seen examples of this in everyday life many times over the years. I’ve heard it said lonely are the brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

frag420 wrote: »

Is it worth reading on?

No. It’s teen angst. Just this wee fella thinks it’s the first time it ever happened to anyone. Wait till he discovers Idi Amin and Genghis Khan.

After reading these articles and seeing the photographs and videos you try to rationalise that maybe earth is actually hell? The amount of atrocities and killings is insane. 100 years ago blacks were hanged, left and right for no reason. If someone said, he looked at me the wrong way, he would be hanged immediately on the nearest tree at that time. All of these cases are well documented and I don't think any of them would consider Americans savages living in caves? No government sanctioned electrocution of a 12 year old child with no evidence because we need to kill for pleasure.

No. It’s teen angst. Just this wee fella thinks it’s the first time it ever happened to anyone. Wait till he discovers Idi Amin and Genghis Khan.

I read about all of them. However they are so old, it doesn't have the same effect. These recent events are well documented. Latest I've seen is a HD video of ISIS video of maybe 30 heads placed on the spikes on the fence. Now everytime I walk past a fence, the image is stuck in my head. I've also seen Saudi Arabia behead and hang 4 bodies from a crane just recently beside an university. The heads were placed in bags right beside the bodies. I've also seen another woman beheaded in Saudi Arabia and afterwards her bloody body is left hanging for evryone to see by a belt while her head is placed on the ground beside her hanging body. All these are available on YouTube. I've also seen Iran hang gays from a crane and now everytime I see a crane I have an image of a hanging person in my mind. These things are still happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Sile Na Gig

The world is full of beauty and kindness too, it’s just not as well documented. Most people, when given the opportunity, will choose to act with compassion. Get off the internet, OP, go outside and breathe. Go find some puppies to play with or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Have an ice cream, everyone loves ice cream.

Or just have a **** :)

History is history, focus on the present and future with rainbows and ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Have an ice cream, everyone loves ice cream.

Or just have a **** :)

History is history, focus on the present and future with rainbows and ice cream.

+1 on the 'ol hand shandy there pal.

Go knock one out and there won't be a bother on ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

tenor.gif?itemid=4141918

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

You should read about Nat Turner or if you have Netflix look at the documentary about him. He lead a slave revolt who went around houses killing everyone, including any babies they found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Here's a thought.
    If say 70% of the worlds population was as evil and twisted as the people you're talking about, then maybe 70% of their victims deserve it.

But we know that they didn't deserve it, probably not even one of them. So then in order for a small group of evil bastards to do evil things to a larger or equally sized group people who aren't evil and don't deserve it, the total population of evil bastards would have to be very small. (Assuming they interact randomly)

Most people are actually sound. If you stay afraid of encountering the bad ones you'll never meet the good ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour, and I know the sour.

I read about all of them. However they are so old, it doesn't have the same effect. These recent events are well documented. Latest I've seen is a HD video of ISIS video of maybe 30 heads placed on the spikes on the fence. Now everytime I walk past a fence, the image is stuck in my head. I've also seen Saudi Arabia behead and hang 4 bodies from a crane just recently beside an university. The heads were placed in bags right beside the bodies. I've also seen another woman beheaded in Saudi Arabia and afterwards her bloody body is left hanging for evryone to see by a belt while her head is placed on the ground beside her hanging body. All these are available on YouTube. I've also seen Iran hang gays from a crane and now everytime I see a crane I have an image of a hanging person in my mind. These things are still happening today.

This is what you use YouTube for?
    It’s not a case of us burying our heads in the sand, you are burying your head in the dirt

You have a hanging person in your mind every time you see a crane? my advice would be to go cold turkey and change your internet searches

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

There are 7.6 billion people in the world today. If being a sick monster was a 1 in a thousand character trait, there would be 7.6 million sick monsters in the world alive today. Randomly spread around the world, that's one for every 6km2 of the land surface of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

I don't believe it's that high. I suppose it depends on your definition of decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Closer to 70% apparently, but 81.31% on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

"Bob , grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference" - Hulk Hogan

Don't torture yourself OP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Awesome. Sometimes I delve deep into the history and make myself extremely upset and angry. I know it's the past but here is my reason for hating people in this world.

Till was born and raised in Chicago and in August 1955, was visiting relatives near Money, in the Mississippi Delta region. He spoke to 21-year-old Carolyn Bryant, the white married proprietor of a small grocery store there. Although what happened at the store is a matter of dispute, Till was accused of flirting with or whistling at Bryant. Decades later, Bryant disclosed that, in 1955, she had fabricated testimony that Till made verbal or physical advances towards her in the store.[1][2] Till's reported behavior, perhaps unwittingly, violated the strictures of conduct for an African-American male interacting with a white woman in the Jim Crow-era South.[3] Several nights after the store incident, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J.W. Milam went armed to Till's great-uncle's house and abducted the boy. They took him away and beat and mutilated him before shooting him in the head and sinking his body in the Tallahatchie River. Three days later, Till's body was discovered and retrieved from the river.

COUNTLESS other hangings and killings of children by grown adults. Oh give me a sec, I'll post a case of where a 12 year old boy was put in an electric chair in good old free United States of America. Oh should I also mention what Japanese did to the Chinese in nanking? You probably don't want to know because if you think nazis were bad then try reading about the nanking massacre. A quick Google and you will see a Japanese officer posing with around 100 heads of decapitated civilians including children. Watching these photos have definitely traumatised me. **** this world and I can guarantee you that if people could get away with this in this time then same things would be happening as well. After all it was the normal less than 100 years ago.

Tl;dr humans are scum and have been throughout the history. I am antisocial because of this. I spend hours reading about these historical events.

Not only that, you see these crowds of idiots smiling in the photos, oh look we just hanged 40 men for no ****ing reason which left children fatherless and widows. Awesome, I swear I would give so much to get back in history. Give me a room and these smiling scum.

I read the book 'the rape of Nanking' and no doubt about it, the Japanese got up to some depraved acts of savagery back then.

However, suggesting things you listed above as being the normal back then is a bit of a stretch, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Maybe if you stop researching the darker side of humans and did more living it would be a good thing.

You of course could research the good humans of the world, but I suspect that wouldn’t fit into your negative spiral which you seem so intent on following and then sharing with us.

Advertisement