Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fcuk this world

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I read about all of them. However they are so old, it doesn't have the same effect.
    Clearly you haven't as Idi Amin was the 1970's.

Now it's easy to run with the oul angst, but consider this if you're 18 or above not so long ago when childhood mortality rates were so high you wouldn't have even lived to that age. Chances are very high you'll see 80 years old and beyond. Not so long ago your father would have been a physical wreck or dead at fifty from dangerous back breaking work, your mother would have been similar if she survived the pregnancies and brith of your siblings. Your world would have been your village and news of beyond would have been minimal. Angst would have been the preserve of the very wealthy. No one else could have afforded it.

Today here you are in the luxury and time of plenty of modern medicine, social supports, in a safe society, tapping away at your screen or keyboard free to be as angsty as you like.

Sure there are shitholes still around and people can go through very difficult times even in the best places, but bar a few glitches along the way the overwhelming movement in human history has been towards better and better societies. We've a way to go yet but we're on that road.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I am antisocial because of this. I spend hours reading about these historical events.

Maybe don’t do that then? Go outside. Check out nature. Talk to sound people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

_Brian wrote: »
    You of course could research the good humans of the world, but I suspect that wouldn’t fit into your negative spiral which you seem so intent on following and then sharing with us.
    I suspect the OP is young, maybe in their teens. This is a common phase to some degree or other with many in adolescence in the modern world. The Disney certainties of childhood are challenged by the more adult knowledge of a world that isn't so clear cut and safe and the natural reaction to that is to think christ this world is awful and just concentrate on that for a time. It's a part of being young and fair enough. Indeed it's usually this "phase" that leads people to try to make the world a better place, which is also a part of being younger too. The old are usually too busy or their minds too set to even try. So I see this kinda thing as an ultimately optimistic trait.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I read about all of them. However they are so old, it doesn't have the same effect. These recent events are well documented. Latest I've seen is a HD video of ISIS video of maybe 30 heads placed on the spikes on the fence. Now everytime I walk past a fence, the image is stuck in my head.I've also seen Saudi Arabia behead and hang 4 bodies from a crane just recently beside an university. The heads were placed in bags right beside the bodies. I've also seen another woman beheaded in Saudi Arabia and afterwards her bloody body is left hanging for evryone to see by a belt while her head is placed on the ground beside her hanging body. All these are available on YouTube. I've also seen Iran hang gays from a crane and now everytime I see a crane I have an image of a hanging person in my mind. These things are still happening today.

A: You need to stop watching these video's if they are affecting you like this.

B: You need to get off the juice (going by your name) as it may be having a serious detrimental affect on your mental health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Le Loup

Awesome. Sometimes I delve deep into the history and make myself extremely upset and angry. I know it's the past but here is my reason for hating people in this world.

Till was born and raised in Chicago and in August 1955, was visiting relatives near Money, in the Mississippi Delta region. He spoke to 21-year-old Carolyn Bryant, the white married proprietor of a small grocery store there. Although what happened at the store is a matter of dispute, Till was accused of flirting with or whistling at Bryant. Decades later, Bryant disclosed that, in 1955, she had fabricated testimony that Till made verbal or physical advances towards her in the store.[1][2] Till's reported behavior, perhaps unwittingly, violated the strictures of conduct for an African-American male interacting with a white woman in the Jim Crow-era South.[3] Several nights after the store incident, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J.W. Milam went armed to Till's great-uncle's house and abducted the boy. They took him away and beat and mutilated him before shooting him in the head and sinking his body in the Tallahatchie River. Three days later, Till's body was discovered and retrieved from the river.

COUNTLESS other hangings and killings of  children by grown adults. Oh give me a sec, I'll post a case of where a 12 year old boy was put in an electric chair in good old free United States of America. Oh should I also mention what Japanese did to the Chinese in nanking? You probably don't want to know because if you think nazis were bad then try reading about the nanking massacre. A quick Google and you will see a Japanese officer posing with around 100 heads of decapitated civilians including children. Watching these photos have definitely traumatised me. **** this world and I can guarantee you that if people could get away with this in this time then same things would be happening as well. After all it was the normal less than 100 years ago.

Tl;dr humans are scum and have been throughout the history. I am antisocial because of this. I spend hours reading about these historical events.

Not only that, you see these crowds of idiots smiling in the photos, oh look we just hanged 40 men for no ****ing reason which left children fatherless and widows. Awesome, I swear I would give so much to get back in history. Give me a room and these smiling scum.
    I know how you feel. Right now the US government & the Australian government are promoting genocide in West Papua. These people were Australia's allies in WW2, & now they are having men women & children killed for the wealth they can steal from West Papua. Not only is the Australian government training the Indonesian military, but they are also paying them to commit genocide. Meanwhile the rest of the world stays silent. 
    It is a sick world we live in when governments can turn a blind eye to this sort of thing. I see all the petitions against live stock exports, & other animal abuse, but nothing about this genocide. This does not bode well for our future.
    Keith.

Admin Edit: Graphic images removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ah here, sticking up images like that without a warning is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm not reading all that unless the OP moves to his auntie and uncle in bel air at the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The_Brood wrote: »
    You have seen absolutely noting then and it is utterly sickening that you would defend 99% of the people on this planet and what they are doing.

The human mind, no matter how open, can't even being to comprehend a tiny percentage of the horror on this very planet.

We just say "oh no," sip our coffee, and get on with your day. Pretend to care for a moment before jumping straight back into the delusions of every day life, trying not to think about it. Just because you can't see the horrors in front of your eyes, you think it's ok to ignore them.

To agree with the OP - fcuk this world straight to the deepest portions of hell. By every single last strand of our own human morality, we have utterly and eternally failed.

So what you want me do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Read up on it, make yourself really angry and then post on boards about how angry it made you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I know this might be hard to believe

But over 99% of people are decent folk

The scary thing is how many of that 99% will go along with the 1% for reasons of self preservation or how many of them will bury their heads in the sand to avoid confrontation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I read about all of them. However they are so old, it doesn't have the same effect. These recent events are well documented. Latest I've seen is a HD video of ISIS video of maybe 30 heads placed on the spikes on the fence. Now everytime I walk past a fence, the image is stuck in my head. I've also seen Saudi Arabia behead and hang 4 bodies from a crane just recently beside an university. The heads were placed in bags right beside the bodies. I've also seen another woman beheaded in Saudi Arabia and afterwards her bloody body is left hanging for evryone to see by a belt while her head is placed on the ground beside her hanging body. All these are available on YouTube. I've also seen Iran hang gays from a crane and now everytime I see a crane I have an image of a hanging person in my mind. These things are still happening today.

Idi Amin only died in 2003. That's slightly after the abolishment of slavery in America.

It's pretty easy not to see beheadings on YouTube. I've spent hundreds of hours watching Youtube videos and not a single one has had someone being beheaded. Do you not have any other interests that you can watch videos about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Indonesian is a nation founded on ethnic sublimination and genocide, with the helping hand of Dutch colonialism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you'd stop regurgitating articles from Wiki and look at the whole history of humanity, you'll see there is an underlying force for good and for improvement driving it forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Live animal exports! I had emails from NARA about vegans for choice re the Repeal the 8th. Talk about a contradiction!! Explain that one to a Jain.
    Too many animal activists fail to also equally show unconditional compassion to fellow humans.
    Life is tough, and complicated. But as a very early poster reminded the OP, focus on the good, surround yourself with good people. Don't try to take on the world. Unless you're Gandhi. Just live right. Don't punish yourself with material like that OP. I used to judge my Granny when I was a politically awakening 12 year old as she loved Upstairs Downstairs and pomp and I, like you, couldn't get enough of the ills of the world. I was new to it. I thought she was failing to stay grounded.
    But in time, as I saw real-life horrors like friends and family dying, and worldwide horrors in our own lifetime, I realised that, like her, I could perform tremendous good to those around me and also through my thoughts (that's down to personal belief).
    Go easy on yourself. Many just de-sensitise to such things. Rather than that, put your energy to good. I remember sending €300 to Syria when the civil war kicked off. To provide cameras and reporting technology. When gold I owned had risen in price.
    So make a decision to do what you can. That is all anyone, including a higher power, expects of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Seriously, does this topic require its own thread?! There is good and bad in the world and always has been. The vast majority of people are decent folk, so you could probably have wrapped this up with the second post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Just wondering....... Did you go ahead with the hand shandy stress buster OP?

Could be the makings of ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

OP,

Look up the likes of Da Vinci or Marie Curie .

If you look for hate you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0vClQa1Hw

Youtube has it's good side.
    This is the Bob Dylan song about Emmet Till.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

OP
    Stop reading up on horrors and wailing about badness. Start being the force for good. Ring a relative who might value the call, do a kindness for someone elderly or unwell, help a stranger. Being good combats evil better than worrying about badness.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

OP
    Stop reading up on horrors and wailing about badness. Start being the force for good. Ring a relative who might value the call, do a kindness for someone elderly or unwell, help a stranger. Being good combats evil better than worrying about badness.

That's what I try to do most of the days. Helping people makes me really happy and when strangers are nice to me I feel really good as well as I don't expect it.

• Advertisement

Punish those responsible by giving the same treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Read up on it, make yourself really angry and then post on boards about how angry it made you?

If I was in that moment at that time, I would have did everything in my power to stop it, even if it would result in my own death. I couldn't sit there and watch innocents getting slaughtered and smile for a photograph. Like, come on boys, we are hanging this man who definitely stole something from somewhere, let's all memorise this and smile for the pic.

This is what you use YouTube for?
    It’s not a case of us burying our heads in the sand, you are burying your head in the dirt

You have a hanging person in your mind every time you see a crane? my advice would be to go cold turkey and change your internet searches

No, I just like history. When I read about say world war 1, you come to the section of war crimes where it is described in the detail. It shows what most of the people have inside them, waiting to be released during war time. There is the want to torture and kill in a large % of the population who would love to execute you if there was war. You don't see that in peace time, only in war. I cannot comprehend how firearms are illegal in this country. Literally if I was walking down the street, I could be jumped by 2 or more individuals and killed easily. You don't even have a right to defend yourself. I do my best and hit the gym as hard as I can.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

A week ago I randomly came across an article on Wikipedia about the mob sex assaults committed in central park on Puerto Rican day in 2002. I did some more research and there is a video of the whole thing on YouTube.

So I watched it and it's awful. At the end there is a naked French girl, screaming, utterly distraught. She was there on her honeymoon when she and her husband were attacked. I've seen bad things on the internet but this is the worst. It left me feeling sick and depressed.

Don't even know why I'm writing this. I agree with the op, the world is a **** place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We all know that certain humans have done terrible things to other humans, animals etc.
    But one can't allow what bad people did or do, cloud what most people do which is being good, doing good and making the world a better place.
    One can't live their life being angry, one needs to find the right balance. What you are doing OP is not good for your mental health. It is affecting you negatively and it seems you actively look to make yourself miserable when you don't need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Punish those responsible by giving the same treatment.

You want him to invent a time machine to go back in time to punish the KKK types and the Nazi's.

Well, here's the thing. He did just that, it was epic. The fcuks didn't see what hit them. Hitler was blown to pieces after TKT told Stauffenberg where to place his bomb so the leg of the conference table wouldn't shield Hitler. Hitler died crying out for his Jewish girlfriend that spurned him at age 16.

Unfortunately, time travel can't alter your own timeline, but creates an alternative universe. In that universe TKT has a university named after him. But, sorry to say, he gave no credit to you. The b@stard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

It's kind of sad that I've become so desensitised to stuff on the internet that nothing shocks me anymore. I've seen a video of a man being flayed and decapitated with a box cutter while Sweet Child o' Mine plays in the background and it had little effect on me, besides the odd choice of music. Found that kinda worrying tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Just follow Elon Musks SpaceX and soon OP you can live on another world.

Hopefully they won't have internet there.

• Advertisement

It's kind of sad that I've become so desensitised to stuff on the internet that nothing shocks me anymore. I've seen a video of a man being flayed and decapitated with a box cutter while Sweet Child o' Mine plays in the background and it had little effect on me, besides the odd choice of music. Found that kinda worrying tbh...

Can you pm me the link

Advertisement