Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sirmanga wrote: »
    Whatever "sure" means. I just said a few posts back that I think he's a thug who has this notion that he's a freedom fighter, a kind of free speech activist. But underneath it all he's a hooligan.

However, he is only being banned because he is gaining a bit too much influence for the left leaning Facebook's liking.

no, he was banned for inciting violence. You admitted this yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Advocating a child be raped because you don't like his father's policy is not spreading the hate? Okay

Fonda was reacting to Trump's policy of separating Latin mothers from their children at the border. He said that Trump's son should be taken from his family and thrown in a cage with paedophiles. Utterly stupid and horrific but something that could never happen due to secret service protection, etc. He apologised following criticism.

Robinson & his cohorts express social media hatred of muslims that can directly lead to attacks on people that are not protected and thus more vulnerable. This violence can easily happen. And these bigots don't apologise.

Thus Islamaphobic and other race hatred should lead to bans. Peter Fonda should also have been banned from Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Can you prove that Facebook is left leaning?

Well, Mark Zuckerburg himself admitted that he was concerned about Facebook treating right leaning individuals and companies unfairly and he hoped to correct it. And he said it was due to Facebook being based in the highly liberal Silicon Valley. He said this when he was brought before Congress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Well, Mark Zuckerburg himself admitted that he was concerned about Facebook treating right leaning individuals and companies unfairly and he hoped to correct it. And he said it was due to Facebook being based in the highly liberal Silicon Valley. He said this when he was brought before Congress.

That's a bit vague to be honest.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Ok then, if you get banned for bashing Islam then you should get banned for bashing Christianity. Happy?

Bashing Islam and Christianity as religions? Fire away to your heart's content.

Inciting hatred and violence towards individual Muslims or Christians. That's a different matter. That's a crime and bans from social media are the least of your worries.

• Advertisement

That's a bit vague to be honest.

Well, the fact that there was a Congressional committee into Facebook left wing bias in the first place should say something to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Well, the fact that there was a Congressional committee into Facebook left wing bias in the first place should say something to you.

Was it specifically into left wing bias? Given how far right the current US government is, pretty much all of Europe is left wing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Was it specifically into left wing bias? Given how far right the current US government is, pretty much all of Europe is left wing.

Well, this isn't the thread to go into it, but the current government isn't that right wing. In fact, they are basically the Bill Clinton administration from circa 1995, including the border wall, which Clinton called for (and he was given a standing ovation.)

It's just that the mainstream left has gone so far left, to the extreme, that it's hard to have a civilised conversation without someone screaming "bigot" and "racist"

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Fonda was reacting to Trump's policy of separating Latin mothers from their children at the border.

Illegal immigrants I think you mean.

Nonsense. The inquiry was into data sharing. Something that led to the right-wing successes of Brexit and Trump and thus directly contradicts your left-wing bias theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Robinson was banned for violating the hate speech policy of FB. Whenever Tommy Posted anything it would be mass reported. Alot if the stuff would be deleted minutes after it was posted and not seen by many people.

It was getting to the stage lately where I was convinced he had somebody working at FB or some of the outsourced moderators feeding him information. He knew exactly how to word things to get his messages access but not violate policy. (I can't elaborate on this point or I'd get a p45)

What has really done it for him though is embracing other figures that have been banned and deleted. When banned and designated a hate figure you go into a group that includes Hitler, David Duke and the KKK. So him promoting his Australian event with MC Innes, encouraging Generation Identity to show up at his marches.

Take that Syrian boy that was splashed with water on his face for example. Yes it was blown out of all porportion but Robinson posted his details, made serious allegations that where proved wrong against the young lad.

He also lead to a rape crisis line getting calls of abuse.

He has continually posted and shared stories that have been proven false.

As a public figure and an activist he was protected more than you or me on the platform. He abused the protection and he also had far far more chances than we would get before an account is banned.

The policy of FB lets you make points against Religion and ideas but it does not allow you to attack a person based on Thier religion.... Robinson attacked people for no other reason than Thier religion.

separating illegal immigrants from their children and putting their children in cages. In many cases actually losing the children and having no idea where they ended up. Is that better?

btw you need to adjust your mask. Its starting to slip

Nonsense. The inquiry was into data sharing. Something that led to the right-wing successes of Brexit and Trump and thus directly contradicts your left-wing bias theory.

Oh spare me. Brexit and Trump happened because people were sick and tired of being told they were racist for having a different opinion to the "tolerant" left.
    It's only gotten worse since 2016. This is why Trump will win again next year.

separating illegal immigrants from their children and putting their children in cages. In many cases actually losing the children and having no idea where they ended up. Is that better?

btw you need to adjust your mask. Its starting to slip
    Just like Obama did.

No, Latino families separated in direct contravention of international refugee law and the 1951 UN convention. They ask for refugee status and are then investigated. Returned to their country of origin if found not to be genuine refugees.
    Read up on the situations in Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela and El Salvador for an idea of how civil society is at present. Plenty of scope for refugee status for many from all those nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Speaking as an athiest, as long as you're not inciting hatred or violence, I don't think you should be banned at all. But if you're going to demand consistency, you should at least recognise consistency with your own posts first.

Some would say you should be banned for your Pink haired Hitler boards Avatar as it insults my Jewish heritage! I take it if I put a Pink haired Avatar of Mohammed I'd be banned fairly quickly!

No, Latino families separated in direct contravention of international refugee law and the 1951 Un convention.

Economic refugees. Which are totally different to people coming from war torn countries.

I lived in the States for years but had to leave when I lost my job and was no longer covered under my visa. Should I have just gone to the border and declared myself a refugee and demand to be let in?

Incidentally, anytime I travelled to Mexico it was like a fortress. They take their borders very, very seriously.

Anyway, back to Tommy before a mod comes down on this conversation.

Some would say you should be banned for your Pink haired Hitler boards Avatar as it insults my Jewish heritage! I take it if I put a Pink haired Avatar of Mohammed I'd be banned fairly quickly!

Is this sleazy flirtation a bannable offence?

Economic refugees. Which are totally different to people coming from war torn countries.

I loved in the States for years but had to leave when I lost my job and was no longer covered under my visa. Should I have just gone to the border and declared myself a refugee and demand to be let in?

Incidentally, anytime I travelled to Mexico it was like a fortress. They take their borders very, very seriously.

You mean tommy the little thug and convicted criminal who has been banned from several social media platforms for spreading hatred and inciting violence, that tommy? what of him?

its more of a red

• Advertisement

I lived in the States for years but had to leave when I lost my job and was no longer covered under my visa. Should I have just gone to the border and declared myself a refugee and demand to be let in?

How can you discern? If you're in jeopardy in Honduras or Venezuela you probably fit the refugee bill. Until you've been investigated thoroughly your status remains unclear. Thus separating infants from mothers broke UN, international and refugee law. Some triple whammy. And thus the policy was rapidly reversed by US courts. Your own example is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Support for Tommy Robinson all over the internet is amazing. Delighted. Real man standing up for real people.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Support for Tommy Robinson all over the internet is amazing. Delighted. Real man standing up for real people.

If he's a real man why doesn't he use his real name?

I wouldn't call him a real man at all. He actively goes looking for trouble in his YouTube videos. If you've ever seen them, whenever he gets set upon by pissed off Muslims (usually in Luton) he throws these wild, girly punches and then afterwards talks to the camera about how he's a fighter. Some kinda hard nut. Oh please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Would anyone have quotes from his alleged 'calls for violence targeted at Muslims' ?

Moghead wrote: »

This is just silly. Everyone knows who he is so what difference does his name make?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Sargon gives his view on the situation and why it's a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Moghead wrote: »

He does when hes in prison for sweet fA.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Sargon gives his view on the situation and why it's a disgrace

Why are we supposed to care what Carl of Swindon thinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RWCNT wrote: »
    Why are we supposed to care what Carl of Swindon thinks?

Well, they're already caring what Tommy from Luton thinks, so...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Cienciano wrote: »
    You seriously think it's strange that the groups that practice all the hate speech are the ones who are banned?

Think through your argument.

Twitter is absolutely full of tweets which say white people should be killed, men are scum, heterosexuals are scum, etc.

There were loads of people asking for the Covington High School kids to be doxxed or killed.

These are leftist opinions (intersectionality).

These accounts don't get banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement