Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

Funny how you only (or pretty much only) thank posts by those that support tommy.

Humour is subjective I suppose. I don't find it that funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Humour is subjective I suppose. I don't find it that funny.

funny peculiar rather than funny haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Trump 2020, lads! The future is bright, the future is orange!

Just wish we had someone with his balls in this spineless country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Why haven't the British police been investigating these calls to violence? A notorious hate figure with a huge following has been committing crimes in the open and is being ignored by the authorities? Hopefully facebook have passed the evidence on, or someone somewhere has witnessed / recorded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

sirmanga wrote: »

1ypv6e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Wrong to close off a working class perspective just because one disagrees with it.

Pretending it was inciting violence is just an excuse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Danzy wrote: »
    Wrong to close off a working class perspective just because one disagrees with it.

It's not a working class perspective. Yaxley-Lennon has nothing in common with the working class.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

No pretending required. He was inciting violence. Which is against FB policy. And he was previously warned about his posts but decided to keep breaking that policy regardless. What should FB have done? Do you think they should have allowed him to incite hatred and violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sorry but I disagree with the implication that the working classes are mostly racist simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

'Can't win a debate about Tommy Robinson or the virtues of the right? I know! I'll bring up Trump!'

Just when I thought "the right wants to live their lives" was going to be the stupidest thing I'd read today...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

No pretending required. He was inciting violence. Which is against FB policy. And he was previously warned about his posts but decided to keep breaking that policy regardless. What should FB have done? Do you think they should have allowed him to incite hatred and violence?

On twitter all the right wingers are going nuts saying that facebook lets terrorist accounts exist but close tommy/stephen. Show them a link that says facebook is deleting thousands of accounts and they switch the topic to "yeah, but has be broken the law"

It doesn't actually matter what facts are, people like that only care about how they feel. Pointing out facts should make most people step back and question what they were saying, but it doesn't.

Grayson wrote: »
    On twitter all the right wingers are going nuts saying that facebook lets terrorist accounts exist but close tommy/stephen. Show them a link that says facebook is deleting thousands of accounts and they switch the topic to "yeah, but has be broken the law"

It doesn't actually matter what facts are, people like that only care about how they feel. Pointing out facts should make most people step back and question what they were saying, but it doesn't.

I know all that but i've got to keep trying, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

They all relate to specific posts of tommys. Or do you think that FB just made them up? Do you think that he did not post the things that FB mentioned?

I am just curious as to what specific posts are offensive .Can you show a link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's not a working class perspective. Yaxley-Lennon has nothing in common with the working class.

In your opinion.

It might be better to say his views are not fully supported by all the working class but represent a significant part of a working class analysis.

The problem for him is that that analysis does not enjoy much support in the Middle and Upper class.

In the modern Left there is a synergy between mostly middle and upper class activists and working class voters

This gap is across the Left and is only accelerating.
    Certainly makes them more acceptable to the establishment. Robinson is beating a drum on issues that the Middle class are happy to ignore for votes, doesn't happen in their neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

'Can't win a debate about Tommy Robinson or the virtues of the right? I know! I'll bring up Trump!'

Just when I thought "the right wants to live their lives" was going to be the stupidest thing I'd read today...

Leave 'em alone, they're just owning teh libz.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I am just curious as to what specific posts are offensive .Can you show a link ?

Well i cant show them to you as Tommy deleted them. That is not an issue for FB as they can still see them. Though i bet you're not actually curious at all and would dismiss them if i could show them to you. You dont care if he said them or not.

Well i cant show them to you as Tommy deleted them. That is not an issue for FB as they can still see them. Though i bet you're not actually curious at all and would dismiss them if i could show them to you. You dont care if he said them or not.

Again, putting words in people's mouths, claiming to know what people are thinking and being unnecessarily confrontational.

Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

More slogans... I'd say Hallmark are holding an emergency meeting as we speak..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah, tommy is a great lad. Not in the least bit far right.
    Provide a screen shot where Tommy said those things like a good lad, I look forward to you and the Boards Antifa crew posting the screen grabs thanks in advance!

Provide a screen shot where Tommy said those things like a good lad, I look forward to you and the Boards Antifa crew posting the screen grabs thanks in advance!

Why do you care?

• Advertisement

The police missed them, panorama missed them, his enemies missed them which includes activist organisations whose sole purpose is to expose and fight against 'hate', islamophobia etc. and who would have known all you had to do was go to his facebook page with 1 million + subscribers to find evidence of crimes that could have gotten him not only banned but put in jail.

The crime had so many victims that not one of them saw it.

The police missed them, panorama missed them, his enemies missed them which includes activist organisations whose sole purpose is to expose and fight against 'hate', islamophobia etc. and who would have known all you had to do was go to his facebook page with 1 million + subscribers to find evidence of crimes that could have gotten him not only banned but put in jail.

The crime had so many victims that not one of them saw it.

FB didnt miss them. and it is them that makes the rules for what appears on their site.

FB didnt miss them. and it is them that makes the rules for what appears on their site.

So you don't find it strange I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It has a couple of examples here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-facebook-ban-instagram-permanent-far-right-edl-racism-a8797451.html

And explains that he was given a warning for his posts in January.

Grayson wrote: »
    It has a couple of examples here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-facebook-ban-instagram-permanent-far-right-edl-racism-a8797451.html

And explains that he was given a warning for his posts in January.

So it's basically a large multinational known for fabricating lies to governments and selling user information, against Robinson so excuse me if I want to see proof of the alleged posts he made.

what is it i am supposed to find strange?

So it's basically a large multinational known for fabricating lies to governments and selling user information, against Robinson so excuse me if I want to see proof of the alleged posts he made.

Yeah because posting stuff like that would be totally out of character for tommy.

Don't feed the troll buddy. I got caught up earlier too. You'll just end up being called a racist

Don't feed the troll buddy. I got caught up earlier too. You'll just end up being called a racist

can you point to the post where i called you a racist?

• Advertisement

Yeah because posting stuff like that would be totally out of character for tommy.

Any screenshots pal? You and the many thousands who hate him surely must have some proof?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement