Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

A shower of clowns the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    So thats why I think a job description of what a TD should do is required. In fact I would say its essential to able to judge if any TDs behaviour unacceptable.

If the HRs are doing what the government says TDs do, then the local aspect of their work cannot be criticised, its just an opinion.

There is so much about government that has nothing to do with whats right/fair or just, "its just the way things are done". I agree with you an overhaul is long overdue.

A job description is limiting though, I prefer a common sense approach. I would find it very difficult to put in words exactly what they should and shouldn’t be doing but when I hear what one has been doing I know whether it’s what they should be at. They do need to spend time in the constituency talking to people as that’s how they know or at least should know how people feel about things but the dail doesn’t actually sit for that many weeks. They have long recesses and even telephones to stay in touch they could easily do a lot of this whilst in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

salmocab wrote: »
    A job description is limiting though, I prefer a common sense approach. I would find it very difficult to put in words exactly what they should and shouldn’t be doing but when I hear what one has been doing I know whether it’s what they should be at. They do need to spend time in the constituency talking to people as that’s how they know or at least should know how people feel about things but the dail doesn’t actually sit for that many weeks. They have long recesses and even telephones to stay in touch they could easily do a lot of this whilst in Dublin.

Today's court case is on Clare Byrne on rte 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwilldare

That chip van is getting great exposure.
    No doubt with have a special this weekend - 'Battered Healy-Rae and Chips'

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

iwilldare wrote: »
    That chip van is getting great exposure.
    No doubt with have a special this weekend - 'Battered Healy-Rae and Chips'

Surely though if it was his chip van he could have just went in the back, no need to queue?

Go home yank, this is my chip van

I remember your grandfather auld Jackie Healy Rae and he in the back cutting the chips, trying to save the spuds and he dropped dead and I asked my father will we stop and he said no Jackie junior we’ll keep cutting the chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

'This is MY town and MY chip van!'

God, he isn't a c**t by any chance is he?

I'm glad that 'the dumb English tourist' they thought they were teaching a lesson to not only pursued the case to conclusion but also has roots in the locality as well which should make them feel more awkward.

dd973 wrote: »

I'm glad that 'the dumb English tourist' they thought they were teaching a lesson to not only pursued the case to conclusion but also has roots in the locality as well which should make them feel more awkward.

His mother was a local but she lost her chip van during the famine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

dd973 wrote: »

What is funny is it’s everyone else’s fault... the country don’t like his family, the man was at top or queue, it was self defense... it’s all about them v us... no sense of responsibility for their own actions... also the fact they did not step into witness box kinda says it all... and if there was a council election in the morning what odds he would still top the poll...

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

By the looks of that gombeen Jackie the chip van is the last place he needs to be going near!

Love to see a bully get what's coming to him, a nice stay at the government's pleasure (not the sort his family are used to) will do the country and his waistline no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

rosser44 wrote: »
    By the looks of that gombeen Jackie the chip van is the last place he needs to be going near!

Love to see a bully get what's coming to him, a nice stay at the government's pleasure (not the sort his family are used to) will do the country and his waistline no harm

They are already trying to turn it into a PR win claiming its people from around the country that hate their family that have done this. The even have attacked the handling by the Guards.

Hopefully they actually get some time and it tarnishes their public image but I would say it will be a suspended sentence and more likely they will get back to being goodboys or this is a start to a trainwreck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Will they do time?

No young Jackie will probably get elected alongside Danny and Micheal at the next election.

They are a special breed down there. They throw crumbs at the locals whilst they dine at the top table.

They have Kerry CoCo and its procurement sewn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

His mother was a local but she lost her chip van during the famine

His mother is from the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Real small town ballygobackwards stuff

“This is my town and this is my chip van”

Immortal words there

The chip van in question has "history " in Kenmare.. ;) I remember it from my trading days there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

If the votes aren't needed close every school in Killorglin and charge €1000 for the school bus and say why.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    No young Jackie will probably get elected alongside Danny and Micheal at the next election.

They are a special breed down there. They throw crumbs at the locals whilst they dine at the top table.

They have Kerry CoCo and its procurement sewn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Real life Bull McCabes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Bellview wrote: »
    What is funny is it’s everyone else’s fault... the country don’t like his family, the man was at top or queue, it was self defense... it’s all about them v us... no sense of responsibility for their own actions... also the fact they did not step into witness box kinda says it all... and if there was a council election in the morning what odds he would still top the poll...

Course he’d top the poll.
    The Healy reas don’t queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Graces7 wrote: »
    The chip van in question has "history " in Kenmare.. ;) I remember it from my trading days there

Is the food nice from the van?

Sure he was only doing what his father and uncle do. The Raes like skipping queues at chip vans, funerals and indeed Michael was photographed driving in the bus lane in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

EKTHutaX0AErWJ1?format=jpg&name=240x240

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Calhoun wrote: »
    They are already trying to turn it into a PR win claiming its people from around the country that hate their family that have done this. The even have attacked the handling by the Guards.

Hopefully they actually get some time and it tarnishes their public image but I would say it will be a suspended sentence and more likely they will get back to being goodboys or this is a start to a trainwreck.

Money will have to change hands to avoid prison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the food nice from the van?

Ah I don't buy street food and as I was trading there mornings it was never open. Looked a mess...there was always controversy about where it was parked.

That was a few years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The farmers cap doesn't seem to have made it's way to the third generation, Junior had his best clothes on for the court appearance.

Probably a future TD as well when Daddy is finished keeping the seat in the Dail warm for him.

The farmers cap doesn't seem to have made it's way to the third generation, Junior had his best clothes on for the court appearance.

Probably a future TD as well when Daddy is finished keeping the seat in the Dail warm for him.

How dare he call himself a Healy Rae and he with no farmers cap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Looking at the indo online and Danny Healy Rae is disowning his nephews .. as it’s not his house .. kinda funny as Danny himself has a bit of a row with cousins over an entrance about 10 years ago

Bellview wrote: »
    Looking at the indo online and Danny Healy Rae is disowning his nephews .. as it’s not his house .. kinda funny as Danny himself has a bit of a row with cousins over an entrance about 10 years ago

Ended in fisticuffs as I recall

Ended in fisticuffs as I recall

Wouldn't be the first row Danny has had!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Wouldn't be the first row Danny has had!

What's going to happen to the lads, they'll get a suspended sentence and bound to the peace. They'll offer a substantial compensation figure and all will be grand in kilgarvan.

mycro2013 wrote: »
    What's going to happen to the lads, they'll get a suspended sentence and bound to the peace. They'll offer a substantial compensation figure and all will be grand in kilgarvan.

Thats about the size of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Small town Ireland. Cousins marrying cousins, getting aroused if a neighbour makes Winning Streak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement