Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

But there is no malice in them.

Greed?

Corrupt?

Deceit?

Not a great barometer for Kerry that they keep voting in these cute hoors, who are literally making millions from the taxpayer, all because they wear caps and stick it to anyone who isn't an uneducated moron from some **** hole in the most overrated county in Ireland. Unless you are partial to fake pubs, over priced restaurants and retired Dublin taxi drivers.

They see through to the irish soul.

I see through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I see through them.

I think that makes you British. Or sober ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

What have they achieved for kerry though? in reality?

Drink drive permits??? Really ?

They are pretty in touch with what people actually care about though.

They see through to the irish soul.

I think we should make both sides happy ..provide 'drunk buses' and they can have a drink on board too.

And the driver can have two

Yea I would have to agree, they serve their constituents better than any other flute in the D, they advocate for rural Ireland, now, they are a pair of chancers and were swindling the expenses and Michael’s sons took illegal drugs and bet a man up, but I have a begrudging admiration for them

Man admires thieves and violent thugs who also get elected to public office.. Yep we surely get the politicians we deserve. I dont even get depressed about morons like this anymore :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

And the driver can have two
    He just needs a sip of water in between drinks ..flush him out like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Yea I would have to agree, they serve their constituents better than any other flute in the Dáil, they advocate for rural Ireland, now, they are a pair of chancers and were swindling the expenses and Michael’s sons took illegal drugs and bet a man up, but I have a begrudging admiration for them
    Just Normal TDs so .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

tjhook wrote: »
    I blame the people in the constituencies that elect them.

Those citizens have no right to complain about national or international issues. They have chosen to prioritise local issues completely, to the detriment of all other issues.

What's you opinion of the people that voted in Bertie Ahern, Liam Lawlor and Ivor Callely.?? Throw in good old CJ too. All 'sophisticated individuals' and probably the greatest bunch of shysters that ever entered any parliament in the entire world. (as history has proven) ;)

blinding wrote: »
    Just Normal TDs so .

You going to at least provide some evidence of every other TD's thievery? Oh and their sons drug taking and violent assaults while you're at it? Nah probaly not, so easy for the likes of you to make what you might think are cutting edge comment when in reality just identify you as

washman3 wrote: »
    What's you opinion of the people that voted in Bertie Ahern, Liam Lawlor and Ivor Callely.?? Throw in good old CJ too. All 'sophisticated individuals' and probably the greatest bunch of shysters that ever entered any parliament in the entire world. (as history has proven) ;)

Here we go, classic whataboutery. You really have no idea of the levels of corruption in other countries do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Here we go, classic whataboutery. You really have no idea of the levels of corruption in other countries do you?

Tell us all about it so that we can have something to aspire to

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

So the facts are:

An independent candidate gets over one and a half times the quota (and one and half time the votes of any other candidate in the country) in first preference votes in the general election while his brother who was a late entrant in the election gets 9 short of 10,000 first preference votes in the same constituency and is elected on the second count.

Then one of each of their children get elected to Kerry Council joining another offspring who was reelected, all topping the polls in different parts of Kerry.

It must be nauseating for the big parties and their supporters with all the top advisers and strategists they pay to have to witness this phenomenon.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Kerry people are no Fools . The are electing the Premium TDs in the Country and with huge Votes .

The problem is that the other TDs are no match for the Healy Raes .

Ireland can only dream of 160+ Healy Raes .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Kerry people are no Fools . The are electing the Premium TDs in the Country and with huge Votes .

It would be like Mongolia.these lads are <snip>.

Mod note: Dial it back a good bit while you have the chance to do so.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If we had 160 HRs we would have every town bypassed every Boreen tar Mac’d and the country would have regressed to the 1930s.

salmocab wrote: »
    If we had 160 HRs we would have every town bypassed every Boreen tar Mac’d and the country would have regressed to the 1930s.
    The roads were not good in the 1930 .

Everyone would have a well trained Ass and Ass-Cart to take them home from the pub as a Semi-Autonomous Vehicle ( almost self driving ) . Good for the Social Life of people and the Pubs and for Ass’s .

The problem is you can’t see the Big Healy Rae Picture .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The roads were not good in the 1930 .

Everyone would have a well trained Ass and Ass-Cart to take them home from the pub as a Semi-Autonomous Vehicle ( almost self driving ) . Good for the Social Life of people and the Pubs and for Ass’s .

The problem is you can’t see the Big Healy Rae Picture .

Oh I can, I’ve said numerous times that I see why they get voted and are liked by constituents but I also point out that’s not the job we pay them to do. The country is full of terrible politicians not doing their jobs right for various reasons these are just some of them. We get what we deserve running the country and end up with the country we deserve, I just happen to think the country should deserve better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

washman3 wrote: »

Bertie was pivotal in negotiating the good Friday agreement. The Healy Rae are just a joke, with their rural "drink driving initiative" and God controls the climate schtick.
    I would be embarrassed to be a kerry person with those clowns representing me.

joe40 wrote: »
    Bertie was pivotal in negotiating the good Friday agreement. The Healy Rae are just a joke, with their rural "drink driving initiative" and God controls the climate schtick.
    I would be embarrassed to be a kerry person with those clowns representing me.
    Bertie was in the right place at the right time re; the Good Friday Agreement .

PIRA beaten or at least in a place where there was absolutely no point going on . Demographics ( which they are now ) has far more chance of bringing about a United Ireland than the PIRA .

Any Irish Politician would have got / done what Bertie did in that position . The British were in control and they gave as much as they did to undermine dissidents republican for the next 25 years and more .

Its not the first time Bertie bigged himself up for doing feck all .

The Healy Raes would have done the same if not Better .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

In fairness ...they rip the piss ..they are prolly on the make

But there is no malice in them.

Plus have you noticed they have the knack of getting attention and voter loyalty without being racist knobs?

Danny recently supports Noel grealish comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Danny recently supports Noel grealish comments

And he was right too, 17 million going back to Nigeria and none of them work, it hardly all came from taxi driving and dole

Danny Healy Rae is right on a lot of things, rural people should be able to have a couple of pints and drive home, most country people know how to noodle a car home after a couple of pints, townies and city slickers just don’t understand country living
    He’s also right on so called climate change, there is no such thing it’s called evolution, when the ice age ended were they all going around back then saying it’s climate change?
    Unfortunately the Healy’s Rae are the only voice left of rural Ireland

Bertie was in the right place at the right time re; the Good Friday Agreement .

PIRA beaten or at least in a place where there was absolutely no point going on . Demographics ( which they are now ) has far more chance of bringing about a United Ireland than the PIRA .

Any Irish Politician would have got / done what Bertie did in that position . The British were in control and they gave as much as they did to undermine dissidents republican for the next 25 years and more .

Its not the first time Bertie bigged himself up for doing feck all .

The Healy Raes would have done the same if not Better .

Rubbish about Bertie and the Peace Process.
    Bruton made a **** up of it when he was a short term Taoiseach. Luckily Ahern got it back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

He’s also right on so called climate change, there is no such thing it’s called evolution, when the ice age ended were they all going around back then saying it’s climate change?

I don't think Danny would agree with evolution in any shape or form :pac:

In all seriousness when someone thinks the Healy Raes are better informed on scientific topics than the scientists themselves you can only laugh.
    Sure didn't Danny say that only God above controls the climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,782 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's routine at this stage:
    One of the H-Rs, usually Danny, comes out with simpleton pleasing bullcrap, cue howls of derision from mainstream media and praise from his fanbase.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

Let's be honest here, a drink driving permit ain't gonna happen. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

I don't think Danny would agree with evolution in any shape or form :pac:

In all seriousness when someone thinks the Healy Raes are better informed on scientific topics than the scientists themselves you can only laugh.
    Sure didn't Danny say that only God above controls the climate.

Yes and he’s right

• Registered Users Posts: 15,782 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yes and he’s right

Bahahahaha! :D

Edgware wrote: »
    Rubbish about Bertie and the Peace Process.
    Bruton made a **** up of it when he was a short term Taoiseach. Luckily Ahern got it back on track
    The Brits wouldn’t have been long slapping Brutal into line . Sure he is more British than the British themselves .

The Brits wouldn’t have been long slapping Brutal into line . Sure he is more British than the British themselves .
    At least half of Brutons party werent on the British payroll unlike Sinn Fein/I.RA. leaders

Edgware wrote: »
    At least half of Brutons party werent on the British payroll unlike Sinn Fein/I.RA. leaders
    I wouldn’t bet my life on that . They made sure the British dark forces got a free pass for the Dublin / Monaghan bombs and probably much more .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

It seems no1 is linking these comments by D.H.R and Noel Grelish to their piss poor Dail attendence and expense accounts? Deflect Deflect Deflect!!!

Advertisement