Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Rugby V Racing 92 Match Thread | Kick Off 16:45 Ireland Time | Sky & BT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bazzo wrote: »
    2/3 full in a 50,000 seater stadium in Spain for a Challenge Cup final between an English and Welsh team is pretty good...

Wasn't 2/3 full of English and Welsh tho :):)

Seemed to be just one clump of Cardiff fans and maybe a few scattered around.
    The whole 1/3 of the upper tier that was behind the camera was closed

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Whats the weather like ?

Pissy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Gone from a quietly confident position all week to one of apprehension today.
    My head says we have all the tools to do it but I still have this little (annoying) voice in the back of my head saying What if they........

The waiting is the worst thing now, the sooner the games kicks off the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Absolutely bizarre stuff. It's very unfortunate for the two passengers and I really hope they get to the match but this is something that happens every single day of the week - without public apologies or self-flagellation or whatever you're after here.
    It just set a very insincere tone. There's this massive dissonance we all have to live with between "corporations are profit driven and do not care about customers or people in general on any fundamentals level" and "we'll get there together with her lingus" or whatever, it's so jarring.

Furthermore the quote I reacted to was a quote of a quote from the 42, where they seemed to initially state that only two passengers were affected.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rugby_ie/status/995244554994569216?s=19

They are just complete weasels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Absolutely bizarre stuff. It's very unfortunate for the two passengers and I really hope they get to the match but this is something that happens every single day of the week - without public apologies or self-flagellation or whatever you're after here.

'Unfortunate' is not the word I would have used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

OldRio wrote: »

I think it is actually. Aer Lingus had to change the plane because the planned one had issues. The only plane available had 6 fewer seats. They've worked pretty hard to get some reasonable priced charters to bilbao, so I wouldn't be too harsh on the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think it is actually. Aer Lingus had to change the plane because the planned one had issues. The only plane available had 6 fewer seats. They've worked pretty hard to get some reasonable priced charters to bilbao, so I wouldn't be too harsh on the airline.

Have they? I wouldn't have called the prices reasonable at all. When I checked after the semi final the extra flights the announced were working out at over €700 return.

Return flights with Aer Lingus to Bilbao the weekend after next are about €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

all the best to the Leinster will be shouting for them today

From a proud Munsterman ;)

errlloyd wrote: »
    OldRio wrote: »

Their altruism knows no bounds. When did they know that planned plane had issues and that their replacement had 6 less seats? Was it one hour before boarding or 12? Could they have accommodated the 6 before the flight was due to depart? Could they have offered to route the passengers before they were originally supposed to board?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Aaaaaaaargh. Turns out Sky Sports Action is not standard apparently and no pubs in a 50km radius of here (Interlaken) are showing the match. And no one has BT. Stupid, useless Switzerland.

• Advertisement

Fcuk it, time for a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

https://twitter.com/ClemSarlat/status/995305205502750720?s=19

Carter set to cry off and be replaced by Tales. TBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Lads airlines overstretch themselves, oversell seats, have technical faults with aircraft at the last minute, I myself had the joy of sitting on the tarmac in a Qatar Airways plane in Dublin Airport for 6 hours in March but the way Aer Lingus has handled this does leave a sour taste in the mouth. Had they handled it correctly, the story wouldn’t have even made the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

thelad95 wrote: »
    Lads airlines overstretch themselves, oversell seats, have technical faults with aircraft at the last minute, I myself had the joy of sitting on the tarmac in a Qatar Airways plane in Dublin Airport for 6 hours in March but the way Aer Lingus has handled this does leave a sour taste in the mouth. Had they handled it correctly, the story wouldn’t have even made the news.

It's standard procedure for these things, offer compensation for people to give up their seat. If nobody does then they can't exactly stick them in the baggage hold to get them there instead. It's been reported that 2 of the people were rerouted through Amsterdam.

I'm not really sure what people expected them to do at short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Dan Carter out of the game. Disappointing.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/995307959516389377

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

It's standard procedure for these things, offer compensation for people to give up their seat. If nobody does then they can't exactly stick them in the baggage hold to get them there instead. It's been reported that 2 of the people were rerouted through Amsterdam.

I'm not really sure what people expected them to do at short notice.

This wasn't a regular service route. It was a flight put in for the final. Expecting 6 ppl to no show is not on.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    This wasn't a regular service route. It was a flight put in for the final. Expecting 6 ppl to no show is not on.

What else were the supposed to do? The plane they had chartered for the flight originally, with the correct amount of seats, had a technical fault that was discovered late last night. You can't charter a commercial plane in the space of a few hours, particularly on a Saturday. They managed to get another plane but it was 6 seats short.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

They weren't expecting 6 people to no show

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Is there some sort of match on in an hour?!

Buer wrote: »

Be quiet Buer we're arguing about planes trains and automobiles.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »

Stop trying to drag the thread off-topic Buer.

Kinda feels like the day is ruined now. Thanks Buer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I almost went a few hours without irritating someone. Phew.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I really hope we batter the ****e out of them.
    Syd out.

What else were the supposed to do? The plane they had chartered for the flight originally, with the correct amount of seats, had a technical fault that was discovered late last night. You can't charter a commercial plane in the space of a few hours, particularly on a Saturday. They managed to get another plane but it was 6 seats short.

You can inform everyone last night and offer routing to get them there on time, there are many options with many partner airlines to get them there on time. You can make sure the original plane doesn't have technical faults sooner, you can get two planes and have one on standby.

Point is that if money is not an option the airline can get anyone anywhere as promised when they bought a ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

mark ryan and adam leavy being interviewed before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You know you’re in Hellas when you’re struggling to watch Leinster, as a Munster man. On hols and can’t proxy my sky access.

Any PMs appreciated for some reliable rivers, brooks or tributaries.

The real question is are we all watching it on Sky or BT.

.ak is late for our scheduled date. Sad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

razorblunt wrote: »
    You know you’re in Hellas when you’re struggling to watch Leinster, as a Munster man. On hols and can’t proxy my sky access.

Any PMs appreciated for some reliable rivers, brooks or tributaries.

I'd usually try to pick a first row, sports seat, when in the eu. Usually get a decent view

Advertisement