Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Rugby V Racing 92 Match Thread | Kick Off 16:45 Ireland Time | Sky & BT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Def yellow..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

vienne86 wrote: »
    Oooooh that should be yellow methinks.

First fecking time the TMO has not said anything.

Ridiculous

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Barnes is ruining this game

No he isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It has nothing to do with it not being a clean linebreak, it's a cynical move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

JP Doyle certainly not doing Leinster any favours here. Awful decision from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Put it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Barnes is ruining this game

Assistant referee is helping him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

awec wrote: »
    No he isn’t.

He's making as much of it about him as he can. Like that last yellow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

As clear a yellow card as you'll see. Barnes totally bottled that.

Clegg wrote: »
    Barnes bottled that.

That's a yellow.

Tmo bottled it. Think Barnes may have still been turning his head and obscured by McGrath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

McGrath got lucky there, idiotic to kick the ball away with 5 seconds left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Barnes has been very good, that yellow aside. Leinster settling into it now. Weather the first 10/15 of second half and they should pull through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Weepsie wrote: »
    First fecking time the TMO has not said anything.

Ridiculous

Why would the TMO say anything?? Barnes was right there and called it

No he isn’t.

He and the TMO while making some good decisions have dropped the ball on some clear ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Very slow ball for leinster. Racing lying all over the place on rucks. Could be a 3 pointer that decides this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Leinster need to calm.

They're getting frustrated by Racing's great defence and snail slow play. Just be patient.

Also, they need to realise that Racing aren't committing to the ruck. Their 'rucking the fùck out of them' approach is pretty negated as they've nothing to aim at.

They will win this if they just keep the ball and stay patient.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Soups123 wrote: »
    He's making as much of it about him as he can. Like that last yellow

No he isn’t. Leinster are getting out thought in the breakdown, they aren’t getting it all their own way. This doesn’t translate to the referee not being good.

The yellow is the only real mistake so far, other than that it’s fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's half has done nothing to calm my nerves. We haven't been able to build phases and gain momentum like in our other European games. Racing are awesome in defence and smother everything we try to do.

My only solace is that they haven't managed to build much in the way of attack either. Need a big 15 minutes right after half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I think Barnes has been fine other than that call.

Frustrating as a Leinster fan yes, but he's far from ruining the game.

Contrary to what Barnes and Horgan say, I actually think Leinster have been the marginally better team out there this half. They are the only ones who looked like scoring a try and they have created the better attacking opportunities. They just kept ruining them by giving away soft penalties whenever they had Racing under pressure. Racing are good but I expect this Leinster team to tighten up their discipline and go up a gear now.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I should be saying assistant and not tmo. Doyle has been happy to speak out for some 50/50s but that was clear and said nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I think Leinster are playing well against an amazing lineout, scrum and line speed but the breakdown is a problem, racing slow the game into static phases so we can never stretch them and tire them out.

I think we should commit more to the breakdown and play narrow. We we're getting there sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

I think the point is he's been blabbing a lot. He did say something, he said numbers were even on the outside so penalty only

Bad calls too, on the lineout penalty where ryan fell and the 'knock on' from RK (which barnes also saw and called play on)

The TMO kept telling barnes its not a yellow its not a yellow. It was a clear bloody yellow. It was cynical play. Barnes should have watched the replay and over ruled him.

Edit: sorry I meant JP Doyle too not the tmo, as Weepsie pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Jp Doyle has made far more decisions that Wayne Barnes. I've rarely seen an assistant referee more involved and unfortunately most decisions have been against Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Wait for the 60 minute mark. Racing will tire like they always do. If Leinster stay the course the can start turning screws then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

That was cynical and should have been a yellow. Aside from that, Barnes has been just fine.

Racing has been very good. Hopefully we can pull away soon.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

No he isn’t. Leinster are getting out thought in the breakdown, they aren’t getting it all their own way. This doesn’t translate to the referee not being good.

The yellow is the only real mistake so far, other than that it’s fair enough.

Racing doing a great job of back the breakdown chaotic. Did the same thing against Munster.
    They seem to do just enough to look like they're rolling away, but often seem to get in the way just a little and slow things down. Incredibly frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Can we all stop blaming the officials. They've been fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mangobob wrote: »
    JP Doyle certainly not doing Leinster any favours here. Awful decision from him.

Every time I hear the TMO it's to ping Leinster. Though none of them are bothering to pay attention to Racing lying all over the ball.

Fair play to Racing though. They're playing the referee and his interpretation of the breakdown beautifully.

Advertisement