Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Rugby V Racing 92 Match Thread | Kick Off 16:45 Ireland Time | Sky & BT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Game is in 8 or so hours. I'd give up my seat for the first available flight to an airport from which I could get a taxi to the match (which they'd pay for) and be on time. Oh and at least £2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

prawnsambo wrote: »
    There are three other flights to Bilbao between now and 10:10. You'd think they could get the operators of those ones to take a few extra.

They probably overbooked/full too. The delayed flight is the extra one aer lingus put on specifically for the rugby by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Just on the plane now, a farce but hopefully finally on the way. It looks like the plane they were going to use developed a fault last night, they sent one thinking grand, but this plane has business seats in it which means they are down a row or 2 of standard seats. Planning at its best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

They'd be paying me 3 or 4 thousand to get me off that plane. Good to hear all is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Bridge93 wrote: »
    They'd be paying me 3 or 4 thousand to get me off that plane. Good to hear all is sorted

That's horrendous.
    https://twitter.com/blueboys21/status/995203971160723456?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Jesus that is a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

There'll be lawsuits if they don't get those people out there in time. Not to mention the awful PR this creates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

A-Train wrote: »
    Just on the plane now, a farce but hopefully finally on the way. It looks like the plane they were going to use developed a fault last night, they sent one thinking grand, but this plane has business seats in it which means they are down a row or 2 of standard seats. Planning at its best

Well that's fair enough. Disaster for the guys who lose out but a plane develops a fault, what are you gonna do? At least they were able to get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Well that's fair enough. Disaster for the guys who lose out but a plane develops a fault, what are you gonna do? At least they were able to get a replacement.

Yeah completely just very frustrating as you could well imagine. Nightmare if you were removed.

Just finally getting ready to take off...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

A-Train wrote: »
    Yeah completely just very frustrating as you could well imagine. Nightmare if you were removed.

Just finally getting ready to take off...

Any sign that the unlucky ones will get out there for the match still?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Any sign that the unlucky ones will get out there for the match still?
    The next Aer Lingus flight to Bilbao takes off at 17:25. Not a lot of use to those poor buggers.

Only realistic option is to try and get a flight to the UK and go from there. But there's a good chance you'd miss the first half at least.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Win it for the Dublin Six.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Great write up, everything I read and all I talk to saying Leinster, walk in the park. I’m extremely nervous, don’t know if it’s the usually Irish psyche sort of thing, but feel sick with nerves. Hopefully it’s a cracker and ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great performance from the Official Airline of the Irish Rugby Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

pc7 wrote: »
    Great write up, everything I read and all I talk to saying Leinster, walk in the park. I’m extremely nervous, don’t know if it’s the usually Irish psyche sort of thing, but feel sick with nerves. Hopefully it’s a cracker and ours.

If we perform to the level we are capeable, I really don’t see Racing being able to live with us. We have been hands down the best team in the tournament by far. That said, it’s cup rugby and anything can happen in one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Head says Leinster by two clear scores. Heart says Racing are a top side packed with test players who have been in brilliant form for the last few months and we're really underestimating that.

We should win but I'm still as uncomfortable as .ak at a non-vegan restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Strange that CityJet as a Leinster sponsor\partner or Turkish Airlines as a tournament sponsor didn't put on any flights from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

I'll be roaring mad for yous blues boys today from my couch.
    Really hope ye do it.

And maybe a 3 day bender celebration for the squad so that we'll have half a chance against ye next week! ;)

Best of luck to ye!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

have unbelievable fear with thenover confidence in the media etc. hopefully the squad show up and perform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Yeah my over confidence troubles me. I’m worried that I’m not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The aer lingus defensive Twitter posts anger me more than their mixup. Like I don't care about there successful flights, they are expected to be able to fly booked passengers to their destination on time, bare minimum standard. To use their mistake to try to promote their airline just shows a lack of humility. They say they offered anre route through Amsterdam but do not state the delay that would have caused to the passengers. The claim 2 were affected but apparently more were 'randomly' drawn and accepeted compensation under social pressure. I wish they would accept their failure and apologise humbly like adults, instead of being conceited and defensive like spoilt defensive children. The compensation would want to be transport to the airport, time taken between travel and waiting x hourlyinimum wage, a meal, airline tickets, hotel bookings and match tickets along with emotional duress for being embarrassed in front of a crowd and the dissapointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Surely the best move for Aer Lingus is to just keep upping the price for giving up your seat till you have the enough volunteers? I wouldn't give up my seat there for 400 quid but at 2-3 grand I'd be tempted.

The aer lingus defensive Twitter posts anger me more than their mixup. Like I don't care about there successful flights, they are expected to be able to fly booked passengers to their destination on time, bare minimum standard. To use their mistake to try to promote their airline just shows a lack of humility. They say they offered anre route through Amsterdam but do not state the delay that would have caused to the passengers. The claim 2 were affected but apparently more were 'randomly' drawn and accepeted compensation under social pressure. I wish they would accept their failure and apologise humbly like adults, instead of being conceited and defensive like spoilt defensive children. The compensation would want to be transport to the airport, time taken between travel and waiting x hourlyinimum wage, a meal, airline tickets, hotel bookings and match tickets along with emotional duress for being embarrassed in front of a crowd and the dissapointment.

Is this the tweet you're referring to? Because if so I really have no idea what you're talking about tbh.

https://twitter.com/AerLingus/status/995243689789345792

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

On the train back in to bilbao now from the continental shield game. Starting to get a bit of a buzz about the game. :)

Stadium was 2/3 full last night at most. A lot of Spanish where we were in the upper tier. Atmosphere was crap.

On the train back in to bilbao now from the continental shield game. Starting to get a bit of a buzz about the game. :)

Stadium was 2/3 full last night at most. A lot of Spanish where we were in the upper tier. Atmosphere was crap.

2/3 full in a 50,000 seater stadium in Spain for a Challenge Cup final between an English and Welsh team is pretty good...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Part of the disadvantage of playing in a non rugby country, those would have been curious locals/corporate ticket holders as opposed to people with a genuine interest in the game.

The atmosphere did come across as rubbish on TV, Cardiff’s winning penalty seemed to be greeted with a smattering of applause instead of a jubilant roar, was there many Cardiff fans there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Is this the tweet you're referring to? Because if so I really have no idea what you're talking about tbh.

https://twitter.com/AerLingus/status/995243689789345792

Refers to paying customers as guests, a guest is someone who is being graciously offered service rather than someone entitled to and paying for it.

Talks about the 2,700 passengers they did transport, how is this relevant?

Does not state that the delay caused to the passengers rerouted, even in their replies - not transparent

If someone was working with me failed like this and instead of saying "I messed up", try to cover their tracks by stating their accomplishments and leave out inconvenient details, I would be extracting every single ommision in a slow, public and painstaking process. Because that's what you want people who take responsibility and ask for clemency.

No indication of the compensation offered - who knows maybe it does cover all the costs I indicated above, but I have my doubts ( should be over 1k)

Absolutely bizarre stuff. It's very unfortunate for the two passengers and I really hope they get to the match but this is something that happens every single day of the week - without public apologies or self-flagellation or whatever you're after here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Whats the weather like ?

Advertisement