Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Rugby V Racing 92 Match Thread | Kick Off 16:45 Ireland Time | Sky & BT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Clegg wrote: »
    The lads got Jordi to lift the European trophy.

God love him. That's the last trophy he'll ever lift as a player if he stays with Ulster.

post game he said that he hoped the team pushed on and win a few more.. clearly doesnt remotely think its a possibility up north

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

The video from behind the goal. 6 Leinster players within metres of Tales. Serious hunger to apply pressure

https://twitter.com/ChampionsCup_FR/status/995391609071198213?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clegg wrote: »
    The lads got Jordi to lift the European trophy.

God love him. That's the last trophy he'll ever lift as a player if he stays with Ulster.
    Ok.

So I actually forgot that Leinster can still win the Pro 14. But the point still stands. Can't see Jordi winning anything at Ulster. Hope he comes home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

brilliant season for Leinster - never thought Leo would be a top coach , but he has brilliant , Lancaster too.
    I find the current state of French rugby sad, they used to played with such guile and flair and unpredictable brilliance - now its all predicatble bulk plod rugby , Irish rugby is much more enjoyable to watch , how things have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I think the French and their club teams have come on a lot this year actually. Like we beat them by a score for Ireland and Leinster beat racing by a score, Munster beat toulon by a score, Clermont we're great in the first half of the season. They are on the cusp of overturning us with a bit of fortune, I wouldn't get too comfortable, I think they can put together a good wc performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I think the French and their club teams have come on a lot this year actually. Like we beat them by a score for Ireland and Leinster beat racing by a score, Munster beat toulon by a score, Clermont we're great in the first half of the season. They are on the cusp of overturning us with a bit of fortune, I wouldn't get too comfortable, I think they can put together a good wc performance.

they probably have improved some - but its the style of rugby or lack of that I find sad - they used to play with such raw brilliance and flair - now its just plod predictable rugby - where skill has been replaced by bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Right just landed in Dublin. Fook it were champs 4 times I get an excuse to add to my leinester ink and I got steadily drunk with an attractive lady on the flight home from bilbao and we're now off ino town so happy days

P_1 wrote: »
    Right just landed in Dublin. Fook it were champs 4 times I get an excuse to add to my leinester ink and I got steadily drunk with an attractive lady on the flight home from bilbao and we're now off ino town so happy days

did you get the ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Big congrats Leinster, comfortably the best team in Europe all season so well deserved, after a route like that to the final it would have been a shame to fall at the final hurdle. Not a classic but finals rarely are.

Have said it on here before and stand by it, anyone who belittles a rugby supporter wearing their colours to a final or any match is not a rugby fan, goes totally against the spirit of the game I grew up with.

Enjoy the celebrations and see you next weekend... !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Went to the Clermont-Toulon final in Dublin wearing a Leinster jersey (Clermont scarf and hat admittedly).

Wear what you want - show pride in your team even if they're not there.

Just because someone's wearing a Munster jersey doesn't mean they're not supporting Leinster... and even if they're not, that's not worth getting prissy about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

You always see a multitude of jerseys at the Euro final, always have. I'll most likely be there next season with my Leinster jersey on no matter who is playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

https://youtu.be/buOFvJm1j5k

It's in French but...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

https://youtu.be/buOFvJm1j5k

It's in French but...

Watch that match back again?

image.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 41,304 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Oh my head.....

Thank you Stuart.
    Thank you Leo
    Thank you John.
    Thank you Girv.
    Thank you Emmet.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Oh my head.....

Thank you Stuart.

Thank you to whoever called the England lineout with a minute to go in that game v Wales in RWC 2015. Your stupidity that day is up there with the Fiji coach who capped Isa in 2003 as important moments in Leinsters history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

What a day yesterday was, bad start with the plane, Bilbao weather was worst then Dublin, the match wasn’t the best but the result is all that matters.

Met the team in the airport while waiting for our flight home, some great pics with all the lads, coach’s and of course the trophy.

A great day and will return to Bilbao a lovely city.

What a day!

Crazy early flight, arrive to Bilbao and it's raining worse than Connemara on steroids. Rented a bike and got lost in Bilbao having to go up some vicious hills, almost blundering my way into a motorway tunnel before heading north and bopping about a beautiful little port at the mouth of the river. Back into Bilbao and the pints start flowing, needed something to fill the hipflask with so found a very drinkable scotch in Aldi for a fiver! The match itself, gorgeous stadium, fantastic seats, if I'm being critical, not the greatest of matches but the tension at the end was something else! Few beers, wines and nibbles in Bilbao then and taxi to the airport. Out having a smoke and the team bus arrives, lads spill out and somehow I'm holding the cup!! (That's all social media profile images sorted forever now!). Back to Dublin and the craic was had!

Waking up this morning and realising it wasn't all some great dream is brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

One of the lads kicked off the Aer Lingus plane was sitting in front of us on the plane home. He got routed through Amsterdam and arrived in the ground 10 minutes before kick off #justiceforthebilbao6

What a day and game. It wasn't pretty but we dug it out. Only ahead in the game for 2 minutes or so is nuts. We met all the players in the airport on the way home too. No probs chatting and taking photos. Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randomname2005

A-Train wrote: »
    What a day yesterday was, bad start with the plane, Bilbao weather was worst then Dublin, the match wasn’t the best but the result is all that matters.

Met the team in the airport while waiting for our flight home, some great pics with all the lads, coach’s and of course the trophy.

A great day and will return to Bilbao a lovely city.

Great city, but yeah, the weather is not quite as good as other parts of Spain!
    Well done to the team and staff on a great 4th star

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

maddness wrote: »
    Clown

Seriously! Today is the pinnacle of the year's club rugby and every team and its supports have the right to go and play a part in celebrating it in their own colours, it is what makes the day great.

I didn't get to go today but I have been to 6 finals proudly wearing a leinster Jersey regardless of who was in it.

There was loads of other teams fans at the game. All wearing their teams colours. It adds to the atmosphere imo

Jesus. I am in a world of hurt.

4 stars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

Synode wrote: »
    One of the lads kicked off the Aer Lingus plane was sitting in front of us on the plane home. He got routed through Amsterdam and arrived in the ground 10 minutes before kick off #justiceforthebilbao6

What a day and game. It wasn't pretty but we dug it out. Only ahead in the game for 2 minutes or so is nuts. We met all the players in the airport on the way home too. No probs chatting and taking photos. Legends

I think you were on the same plane as me home, some sing song, the place was rocking at 40000 feet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

P_1 wrote: »
    What a day!

Crazy early flight, arrive to Bilbao and it's raining worse than Connemara on steroids. Rented a bike and got lost in Bilbao having to go up some vicious hills, almost blundering my way into a motorway tunnel before heading north and bopping about a beautiful little port at the mouth of the river. Back into Bilbao and the pints start flowing, needed something to fill the hipflask with so found a very drinkable scotch in Aldi for a fiver! The match itself, gorgeous stadium, fantastic seats, if I'm being critical, not the greatest of matches but the tension at the end was something else! Few beers, wines and nibbles in Bilbao then and taxi to the airport. Out having a smoke and the team bus arrives, lads spill out and somehow I'm holding the cup!! (That's all social media profile images sorted forever now!). Back to Dublin and the craic was had!

Waking up this morning and realising it wasn't all some great dream is brilliant!!

Yeah, that's all great, but did you get the ride witth yer one? ;);)

Zzippy wrote: »
    Yeah, that's all great, but did you get the ride witth yer one? ;);)

A gentleman never tells ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

As long as the baby is called Isa, we'll leave you to it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not a great game to follow as a neutral.

You have to feel for Rémi Talès though. 3rd choice outhalf. Carter gets injured just before the game. Lambie gets injured very early in the game. He gets on and has this last min drop goal responsibility to go into extra-time...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Watching the closing stages again and it really was the old heads that stepped up. A few moments stand out....Sexton identifying the space and numbers to move it wide leading to Fardy's break and the crucial penalty to level, Nacewa's kick and then fielding a poor up and under from JGP to bail out his team, Kearney's composure and positioning to field the ball in poor conditions and win the penalty, Sexton's excellent line kick and his beautiful pass to Ringrose on the gain line which led to Racing going offside again.

I thought Ringrose had a very tidy game. He saw very little ball due to the conditions and Racing's line speed but his use of the ball when it did come to him was excellent. His delay to put Fardy away was crucial and he did excellently to take that ball at pace ahead of the winning penalty.

I don't know how we'll replace Nacewa. What he brings to the team goes so far beyond what he actually contributes to the play. Himself and Strauss are going to be two important voices gone from the set up. Someone really needs to move into that void in terms of setting standards and driving the team forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

iroced wrote: »
    Not a great game to follow as a neutral.

You have to feel for Rémi Talès though. 3rd choice outhalf. Carter gets injured just before the game. Lambie gets injured very early in the game. He gets on and has this last min drop goal responsibility to go into extra-time...

They really didn't need to go for the drop at that moment. They had made 25m or so in the previous minute through their pack. Leave it with them for another few phases at least. Leinster weren't going to compete and risk a penalty.

On the other hand, if Leinster had been a little more composed Racing wouldn't have had the chance. Once we had penalty advantage in front of the sticks, Leinster should have just kept it in the forwards and killed another minute off the clock which would have essentially been the end of the game.

Advertisement