Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Rugby V Racing 92 Match Thread | Kick Off 16:45 Ireland Time | Sky & BT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Clegg wrote: »
    James Ryan

21 years old. European Cup man of the match.

Bloody hell.
    And maybe European player of the year
    Will be 35 y.o and 2 months in 2031. POC retired older. Irish opponents should anticipate hard times for the next 4 RWC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Congrats to Leinster. They were very lucky to win a 4th EC. I didn't watch the game as I only heard about their win this evening on Channel 4 News. How that was done on the news is now an infamous blooper for Krishnan Guru Murthy. He messed up on reading the autocue about Leinster's win today in the final. lol. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Congrats to Leinster.

They were very lucky to win a 4th EC. I didn't watch the game

In that case, how do you know that they were very lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

glasso wrote: »
    450602.jpg
    Cardiff 2006. What's your point? :pac:

450605.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Jesus, that was a long and painful 80 mins,i still dont know how Leinster won/R92 lost. Teddy will have nightmares for years to come, but g8 for Irish rugby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great win for Leinster and Irish rugby but Racing threw that one away. They looked in control for most of the game and when the sub 9 was having a stormer you feared it just wouldn't be Leinster's day.

The conditions played a big part with the rain pelting down when the camera went to the view with the stand in the background. Always tricky then and you need lots of big bodies just to get over the gainline.

I thought Wayne Barnes allowed the ruck to be slowed down too much. It killed any chance of attacking rugby. I also thought teams were meant to be a metre behind the ruck line in defending but it never happened. Credit to Racing. They played very well but faded as the game went on. Both defenses were very good.
    Always good to win one when you didn't play well.

Big game next weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Great win for Leinster and Irish rugby but Racing threw that one away. They looked in control for most of the game and when the sub 9 was having a stormer you feared it just wouldn't be Leinster's day.

The conditions played a big part with the rain pelting down when the camera went to the view with the stand in the background. Always tricky then and you need lots of big bodies just to get over the gainline.

I thought Wayne Barnes allowed the ruck to be slowed down too much. It killed any chance of attacking rugby. I also thought teams were meant to be a metre behind the ruck line in defending but it never happened. Credit to Racing. They played very well but faded as the game went on. Both defenses were very good.

Thought Racing were controlled in defence but did very little in attack. Havent checked possession stats but it felt like Leinster had most of the ball amd Racing kicked it away most of the time after spending an age behind the ruck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Racing didn't throw it away. They had the minority of possession and their whole plan was to frustrate Leinster. It almost worked, but they were not the better team. They did not throw anything away

Next weekend is utterly meaningless. I will be there and even if we win, I won't give a f**k. Today was all that mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭crossman47

European Cup man of the match.
    Champions Cup winners medal.
    6 nations winners medal.
    Grand Slam winner.

I know they always give MOM to someone on the winning team but surely the Racing 9 deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

crossman47 wrote: »
    I know they always give MOM to someone on the winning team but surely the Racing 9 deserved it.

He was really good, the type of in at the last minute performance that usually ends with you waking up with your nose in your cornflakes, but it is right if it goes to a player on the winning team imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Two nice post-match pictures from the ECC twitter feed - fair dues to Big Dev and Donnacha.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdBG_bqX0AAokue.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdBHooyWsAIYpPp.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Next weekend is utterly meaningless. I will be there and even if we win, I won't give a f**k. Today was all that mattered.

this x100

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can I ask why Robbie didn’t go off for a hia? Was watching in pub and could t hear. It looked like both should have gone for checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Well done Leinster. You really did it the hard way, but still deserved (you did Ireland proud - from a Munster supporter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

glasso wrote: »
    450602.jpg

Clown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

1498844.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

FFS lads, a Munster fan wears a Munster jersey today, so what. Grow up. (Unless he's one of those that were disappointed Leinster won then it's open season in people like that. Oh man, what a prick that fella is)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Fair play to Isa. 36 years old and not the regular kicker and being able to compose himself to kick the last two scores of the final.
    Absolute legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Well done Leinster. You really did it the hard way, but still deserved (you did Ireland proud - from a Munster supporter)

Fair play to you Mike and well said. I felt exactly the same when Ulster and Munster won the Heineken Cup. A win for any Irish province is a win for the whole of Irish rugby. This is 2009 all over again.
    Hurrache wrote: »
    FFS lads, a Munster fan wears a Munster jersey today, so what. Grow up. (Unless he's one of those that were disappointed Leinster won then it's open season in people like that. Oh man, what a prick that fella is)

While I would agree with you if the post was serious, I took in jest only. I hope I am right...

No one will. That's absolutely perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Boring as a spectacle but at least the right team won. Big congratulations to Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

maddness wrote: »
    Clown

Seriously! Today is the pinnacle of the year's club rugby and every team and its supports have the right to go and play a part in celebrating it in their own colours, it is what makes the day great.

I didn't get to go today but I have been to 6 finals proudly wearing a leinster Jersey regardless of who was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well done to ye lads.
    I'm sure ye'd take an ugly victory over a pretty loss any day!

As already said, great for Irish rugby.
    Enjoy the celebrations!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Now all we need is a eurovision win to top the day off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

kuang1 wrote: »
    Well done to ye lads.
    I'm sure ye'd take an ugly victory over a pretty loss any day!

As already said, great for Irish rugby.
    Enjoy the celebrations!

Once the 4th star goes on the jersey, the game itself will fade from memory fairly quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster lads think the word of Lancaster. One of the first things Sexton spoke about was how brilliant a coach he was and how much Lancaster deserved to win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The lads got Jordi to lift the European trophy.

God love him. That's the last trophy he'll ever lift as a player if he stays with Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster lads think the word of Lancaster. One of the first things Sexton spoke about was how brilliant a coach he was and how much Lancaster deserved to win today.

Sky commentator asking him about moving to Quins in the post match interview :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The lads got Jordi to lift the European trophy.

God love him. That's the last trophy he'll ever lift as a player if he stays with Ulster.

:(

Advertisement