Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American, British, or Australian celebrities who suddenly vanished out the limelight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Charlie Chaplin, gone very silent lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Maddie McCann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Yes. His one hit was huge, being played everywhere at all times, on every single station on rotation. Then ... nothing (thank fvck).

He actually had six UK top 20 singles over a three year period: "Grace Kelly", "Relax Take it Easy", "Love Today", "Big Girls You Are Beautiful", "Happy Ending" and "We Are Golden".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

James and Natasha Bedingfield. They were everywhere about ten years ago, then poof! Same for David Grey.

Does Syd Barrett count? He turned up out of the blue a few years after his initial disappearance, walking in on one of Pink Floyd's recording sessions ("Shine On", appropriately enough) and then dropped into the void again (well, Cambridge).

Richey Edwards from the Manics, although that was obviously entirely his choice. If he is alive (unlikely), he clearly has no wish to be found.

James Bedingfield was nearly killed in a car crash in NZ, he never sang again after that, I don't think he was able to. The sister has 2 back to back single 1 is all about independent women the second is all about her wanting some guys babies and that was about it. Strange mixed messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Mother****ers act like they forgot about Dre.

• Advertisement

My mistake, sorry, I meant Daniel Beddingfield. I would agree with James Blunt, but he has a hilarious twitter presence which in itself is worthy of note. Therefore, I don't think he counts as having vanished altogether.

D.B definitely has, though. Haven't heard a peep out of him in yunks.
    Or Daniel Powter. The Canadian guy who sang "Bad Day".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Tuco88 wrote: »
    Pugwall...

I'm still waiting on the inevitable reboot: Pugwall's Indian Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

Omackeral wrote: »
    Your man Mika fairly disappeared too, didn't he?

Yes. His one hit was huge, being played everywhere at all times, on every single station on rotation. Then ... nothing (thank fvck).
    Still on the French version of The Voice as one of the judges - if anyone watches that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Michael Jackson. What's he been up to lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Beat it!

• Advertisement

Paris Themmen - Mike Teavee in the original Willy Wonka - appeared on Jeopardy! recently:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5825530/paris-themmen-mike-teavee-willy-wonka-looks-like-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Tony Slattery

Remember Alex Clare? More or less a one hit wonder.

This was a pretty big song in 2012.

Remember Alex Clare? More or less a one hit wonder.

This was a pretty big song in 2012.

Or what about these guys? From '04?

It held the Libertines off the top spot!

And what about Jonathan Lipnicki (Jerry Maguire, Stuart Little, The Little Vampire)? He was on "Celebs Go Dating" recently!!!

Mother****ers act like they forgot about Dre.

Well, I haven't. He's making a right old mint out of headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This thread is just you replying to yourself every few days really, isn't it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    This thread is just you replying to yourself every few days really, isn't it.

No. It's a thread about non-Irish celebrities who you don't hear about so much anymore.

jamesbere wrote: »
    The chuckle brothers

New TV series coming out called "Chuckle Time".
    https://www.burtonmail.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/chuckle-brothers-coming-back-tv-1653088

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Missy Elliott - she was everywhere in the late 90's / 00's haven't heard of anything from her in a long time

• Advertisement

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Missy Elliott - she was everywhere in the late 90's / 00's haven't heard of anything from her in a long time

I think she did a song with Pharrell Williams a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Robbie Williams buddy Johnathan Wilkes fairly dropped off the face of the Earth - to be fair his only claim to fame was being Robbie's friend but there was a period where he was everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Robbie Williams buddy Johnathan Wilkes fairly dropped off the face of the Earth - to be fair his only claim to fame was being Robbie's friend but there was a period where he was everywhere

If only Robbie would disappear into oblivion. Though he is in the closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I haven't seen much of Michael Cera lately. Last I saw him was in This Is the End.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I haven't seen much of Michael Cera lately. Last I saw him was in This Is the End.

Just back on Netflix with Season 5 of Arrested Development

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on the inevitable reboot: Pugwall's Indian Summer.

Heroin was the sad downfall of The Orange Organics

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Riddle101 wrote: »

That's the problem when you have a "schtick" it gets old, quickly.

Whatever happened to your man Gavin Lambe Murphy? How did he become famous in the first place? Was it the Indo Sunday magazine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Ellen Page.

Watched Inception a few weeks ago and around the turn of the decade she was the go to for casting directors for the "Young, intelligent, wise beyond their years" female character trope. She hasn't been high profile since then. Didn't even realize she came 'out' such has been her low profile.

#24 in the UK charts.

• Advertisement

You don't hear much from UK actor Alex Pettyfer these days, he was once hailed as the next Robert Pattinson but hasn't done anything major in years.

Advertisement