Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there people on this website who would be glad to see Israel wiped out?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ameirecan wrote: »
    You think the Israeli government spend money and resources to send people onto insignificant Irish internet sites with dwindling numbers to spread propaganda? Do you actually believe this or are you just trolling?

Well due to budget restrictions they do a bit of work for the Russians also.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

You think the Israeli government spend money and resources to send people onto insignificant Irish internet sites with dwindling numbers to spread propaganda? Do you actually believe this or are you just trolling?

Well due to budget restrictions they do a bit of work for the Russians also.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do I want to see the bulwark of western civilisation fall?

No is my answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I don't doubt it for one minute. I would be inclined to doubt that they've spent any money on you though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ameirecan

I don't doubt it for one minute. I would be inclined to doubt that they've spent any money on you though. :)

ok

tenor.gif?itemid=5010899

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Next you'll be telling us they spend nothing on sending agents to counterfeit our passports, and use them in political assassinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Between the devil and the deep blue sea…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'd be more worried about what's going on in Ireland especially where I live Dublin. So In other wards **** Israel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

There are many supporters of Israel (the left behind rapture morons) who can't wait to see it wiped out, as it will signal the return of Jaysus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ipso wrote: »
    There are many supporters of Israel (the left behind rapture morons) who can't wait to see it wiped out, as it will signal the return of Jaysus.

That's the weirdest thing, and the Israelis are happy to take the fool's money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Nobody wants to see Israel exterminated. Not least of all because they have 300 nukes pointed at the West mostly. Why are you even asking.

What has led you to ask the question?
    It's a good question I think.
    I'd say he's asking because there are a lot of people in Ireland and on Boards, who seem to support Hamas and indeed have sided with Iran with regard to Trump's withdrawal from the nuclear agreement.
    The stated aim of Hamas and Iran is the destruction of Israel.

Id like Israel to get back to the original agreed borders. I believe their corrupt government acts like Nazis and are truly disgusting.

Do i want them annihilated and wiped out in war? No.

They should move back to the border as it existed before the 1967 war at least.

I can still remember the last one, only posted in politics cafe about israel/palestine and in tGC about his weird mother issues

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The UN agreed to establishment of Israel in 1948. Do you disagree with this decision?

i do disagree with this decisian yes . i think it would have been much easier and better had the state of israel not been created. but it has been, and we have to deal with that reality. what needs to be done now, is to force them back within their border (as set out in 1948) and to force them to abide by international law.
    In your dream world of no Israel, where do the Israelis go? They were born on that land and it's the only land they know. As were their parents and grandparents. I just want to hear the logical conclusions of your line of thought.

those who were actually born in israel, the israel as per the 1948 borders, have a right to stay there. those born on occupied land who have israely citizenship, must get off that land. israel must stop it's illegal occupation and return all land, and go back within it's border.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    If the United States didn't guarantee Israel's existence, the Arab nations would annihilate them.
    Where did you get that from? Maybe 50 years ago at the time of Nasser and the Six Days War but Israel and the Saudi/Gulf petro monarchy dictatorships are now staunch allies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Nobody wants to see Israel exterminated. Not least of all because they have 300 nukes pointed at the West mostly. Why are you even asking.

What has led you to ask the question?

The Samson option....and yet the US would rather threaten North Korea and Iran who don't even have nuclear weapons yet

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

They were born on that land and it's the only land they know. As were their parents and grandparents.

No, they weren't. Millions of them were born in Europe (including Russia) and the US, to European and American parents and grandparents, and chose to emigrate to what has become one of the most densely populated areas of desert on the planet. That behaviour continues, with tens of thousands of Jew emigrating to Israel every year.

Subsequently, the State has implemented a policy of encouraging a rate of reproduction that is out of step with the developed and developing world, effectively creating a Third World economy and environment that is incapbale of sustaining itself - essentially the Northern Ireland of the Middle East.

So, for what it's worth, in the same way as I don't believe NI should exist as a parasitic province of the UK, I don't believe the pseudo-state of Israel has any place in the 21st Century. The use of the phrase "wiped out" is emotive, but if you mean "should cease to appear on maps of the world" then yes, I'd be glad to see it gone.

FWIW, I also think the Turks should cede their Kurdish territories to a new Kurdish state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No, but I wouldnt mind seeing Netanyahu disappearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

No, they weren't. Millions of them were born in Europe (including Russia) and the US, to European and American parents and grandparents, and chose to emigrate to what has become one of the most densely populated areas of desert on the planet. That behaviour continues, with tens of thousands of Jew emigrating to Israel every year.

Subsequently, the State has implemented a policy of encouraging a rate of reproduction that is out of step with the developed and developing world, effectively creating a Third World economy and environment that is incapbale of sustaining itself - essentially the Northern Ireland of the Middle East.

So, for what it's worth, in the same way as I don't believe NI should exist as a parasitic province of the UK, I don't believe the pseudo-state of Israel has any place in the 21st Century. The use of the phrase "wiped out" is emotive, but if you mean "should cease to appear on maps of the world" then yes, I'd be glad to see it gone.

FWIW, I also think the Turks should cede their Kurdish territories to a new Kurdish state.

Well in the 1930's and 40's there were reasons for people leaving Europe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I think that advocating the annihilation of any country is a bad thing.
    The problem is not Israel, Palestinians, religion, politics or whatever system gets blamed for the current situation.
    The problem is mankind. We are an evil, violent, nasty, selfish, controlling and greedy species.
    We simply cannot coexist peacefully. There is no system that exists or could exist that would prevent people from being sh*tty to each other.

Anyone suggesting that the problem could be solved by eradication of a certain people or a country, is simply part of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Where did you get that from? Maybe 50 years ago at the time of Nasser and the Six Days War but Israel and the Saudi/Gulf petro monarchy dictatorships are now staunch allies.

Funny how that worked out isn't it .

Iran got assad -isreal made friends with everyone else

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭Mackerel and Avocado Sandwich

I don't really care. Most Israelis I've met have lived up to certain stereotypes but I've met some nice ones too. Let's face it, if Palestine was freed and became a nation, it'd hardly be a bastion of progress and equality. It'd be another basket case Muslim state that would break into factions and start killing each other. ISIS, The Palestinian People's Front, the People's Front of Palestine, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

We simply cannot coexist peacefully. There is no system that exists or could exist that would prevent people from being sh*tty to each other.

Look at the progress that has been made in Northern Ireland over the past couple of decades. It is perfectly possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭Mackerel and Avocado Sandwich

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Look at the progress that has been made in Northern Ireland over the past couple of decades. It is perfectly possible.

A relatively rich Christian country that speaks English cannot be compared to anywhere in the Middle East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

The creation of the nation of Israel is basically the source of the hate towards it in the Middle East. Palestinians were displaced to create a nation called Israel in 1948. The subsequent annexation of land by the Israeli's has caused further aggravation. From here it feels like the Israeli state views Palestinians as beneath them or being polite second class citizens. Surely Jewish people, of all the people in the world know what it's like to be oppressed. So why do they subject Palestinians to such oppressions. Yes there is a Palestinian state but the Israeli's seem determined to make the lives of their citizens miserable. Gaza is particularly a basket case in terms of living standards.
    I have been to Israel twice and have enjoyed the experience. In many ways it is an impressive country. They have certainly maximised the opportunity the creation of a state gave them. However their attitude towards Palestinians leaves a lot to be desired. Yes some Palestinians have brought terror to the streets of Israel but the Israeli's have wreaked a vastly greater devastation, on Palestine through it's bombing raids. In military terms its David v's Goliath in favour of Israel.
    I certainly would not want Israel to be wiped off the map. It is there now and the Israeli's deserve great credit on many fronts for the modern Israel we see today. However until they change their attitude towards Palestinians they will continue to be hated my many people around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The song does my head in!

Go Cyprus!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nope. I most certainly think Israel has a right to exist and yep am glad it does. However I do not agree nor condone their wholesale plantation by overwhelming force supported by the US to keep driving indigenous people's from their homes and land. I'm also starting to get a pain in my arse with their mouthpieces goto "antisemitism" as a defence. Oh don't get me wrong, the various Palestinian factions with their own supporters are no angels, not by a bloody long shot, but I can understand to a large degree why they get the support that they do and why people would sympathise with their plight.
    ameirecan wrote:
    The UN agreed to establishment of Israel in 1948. Do you disagree with this decision?
    I do not. Do you disagree with the UN resolutions condemning Israel's aggressive expansionist actions down the years? More resolutions than all other countries combined? So I'd be a bit more careful looking to the UN as some sort of moral and political authority for your position. It goes both ways.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Gatling wrote: »
    Funny how that worked out isn't it .

Iran got assad -isreal made friends with everyone else

We're friends with brutal dictatorships, yay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Ipso wrote: »
    Well in the 1930's and 40's there were reasons for people leaving Europe?

And in the 50s and 60s and 70s and 80s and 90s and 00s ... so they did, and they moved to many different habitable parts of the planet.

There is one, and only one, reason why people from all over the world were - and continue to be - encouraged to settle in a tiny part of the Middle East (and if you're not a paid-up member of the Chosen People, you can stay on the other side of the wall, thanks very much).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    No, but I wouldnt mind seeing Netanyahu disappearing.

He seems to be some piece of work alright. He's also the ugliest looking man I've ever seen in my life, he make's Dr. PHIL look attractive.

Advertisement