Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

WOOO!! Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yay!

Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's a very good decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Great news boot.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Great news boot.

Did I say you could talk boot....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,023 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Delighted to see The Rookie being renewed. It has been 1 of my favourites since it began.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The ratings comparison to shows on other networks is entirely moot. The Rookie has good ratings for ABC in its time slot against its competition. I'm hanging my hat on this: The Rookie will be renewed and Whiskey Cavalier will be axed.
    Called it right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Rookie for Season 2 is moving from ABC’s famously challenging Tuesday time slot to… Sundays at 10/9c, where it will lead out of three hours of reality TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Rookie for Season 2 is moving from ABC’s famously challenging Tuesday time slot to… Sundays at 10/9c, where it will lead out of three hours of reality TV

Rookie Monday, The Enemy Within on Tuesday. NICE.

Rookie Monday, The Enemy Within on Tuesday. NICE.

The Enemy Within has not been renewed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Going up against NCIS:Los Angeles on CBS and Good Girls on NBC.

Thought they might have moved it back to the 9pm slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

New series kicking off on September 30th.

Going up against Good Girls on NBC.

Mal Vs YoSafBridge

New series kicking off on September 30th.

Deadly.... Looking forward to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I really don't understand how American networks operate. They buy a series and then put it up against other far more established shows or somewhere in the schedule that will otherwise weaken its performance.

Then they complain that the ratings aren't there are kill it off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Well... that's The Rookie cancelled after season 2 then.

Well... that's The Rookie cancelled after season 2 then.

Not necessarily. Differnt audience between Good Girls and The Rookie.

NCIS:Los Angeles is a bit different heading into 11th season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's the best show out of those 3, so don't knock it yet...

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    It's the best show out of those 3, so don't knock it yet...

Oh those crazy Nielson familes. There has been some great shows over the years cancelled because the numbers were small in a crap timeslot and were toast before they began.

Ali Larter will recur as an ER doctor who has a connection to the past life of Officer Nolan
    Additionally, it was announced on Friday night at the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel that onetime Lost castaway Harold Perrineau has booked an arc as a detective that takes Nolan under his wing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So looks like Nolan will need a new TO anyway. Surprised at this

https://tvline.com/2019/07/26/the-rookie-season-2-afton-williamson-leaving-bishop/

**** that's a big hit

Michael Cudlitz would be great in that role!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Between this and Bull on CBS Network TV is in a mess with sexual harassment.

Fair play to her for speaking out.

But sadly the trial by social media to narrow down the regular recurring guest star who sexual harassed her will start now and a few male actors will be tarred.

therealaftonw
    I will not be returning for Season 2 of The Rookie. I owe it to you my amazing fans to share the Truth. Throughout the filming of the pilot, I experienced Racial Discrimination/Racially Charged inappropriate comments from the hair department and bullying from Executive Producers. During the Season, it continued along with Sexual Harassment from a recurring guest star and the racist commentary & bullying from the Hair Dept. Head escalated into Sexual Assault at our Wrap party.The Sexual Harassment though reported directly to the Showrunner/EP remained undocumented and was not reported to HR as promised. The Hair Dept. Head was fired ONLY after the sexual assault and NOT for an entire year of outward racism/racially charged language and bullying behavior in and out of the Hair and Makeup trailer. HR protocol was never adhered to following the above reports given by me to my Showrunner/EP and an investigation was never issued for any of my claims. The only time I was asked to participate in an investigation was after a meeting I called in June following our Season 2 announcement. This meeting included the Showrunner and two other producers as well as my agent and SAG-AFTRA Union Rep. It was clear to all present in the meeting that the Showrunner had not shared my reports with the any of the producers. After my initial report of sexual harassment, I was assured that the actor would be fired. I was also asked to film with him the very next day as a courtesy to the script, even though we had not begun filming the episode yet. This actor reappeared on our call sheet at the end of the season, I was even written in scenes with him. I asked the Showrunner about this and he admitted to me that the actor had not been fired nor had he gotten HR involved. I was asked to return this season, and promised that “everything was handled.” The investigation hadn’t even begun and Season 2 had already started filming. I turned it down and I walked. Now is the best time in the world to be a woman and I have a platform so it’s time to use my Voice. Strength comes from within. It comes from Above. “Greater is He that is within Me than he that is in the world”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0vCRlxld74/?utm_source=ig_embed

It wouldn't take much to go through the recurring guest stars to figure out who that is.

But I am sure that social media has already tried and convicted the wrong person anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

3 recurring female actresses

4 recurring male actors.

So there you go narrowed down to 7 actors.

• Advertisement

3 recurring female actresses

4 recurring male actors.

So there you go narrowed down to 7 actors.

This actor reappeared on our call sheet at the end of the season, I was even written in scenes with him

So that would be 4!

Advertisement