Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So that would be 4!

<mod snip>

Who said you could speak boot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 84,765 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any comment from Nathan? He also produces

Studio will have them on mute until they investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Studio will have them on mute until they investigate

Which they have just started doing
    https://tvline.com/2019/08/04/the-rookie-investigation-afton-williamson-sexual-harassment-allegations/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disney won't like this kind of press so I'd expect a few heads to roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,765 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A tad too late for Afton

Was there also strife on Castle with Stana?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

<mod snip>

How do you come to that conclusion?

How do you come to that conclusion?

Eh because it could be a woman...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eh because it could be a woman...

It specifically says that she had to 'film with him' after the complaint in her post.

Jeez, maybe read the post, it's not difficult.
    After my initial report of sexual harassment, I was assured that the actor would be fired. I was also asked to film with him the very next day as a courtesy to the script, even though we had not begun filming the episode yet.

This actor reappeared on our call sheet at the end of the season, I was even written in scenes with him. I asked the Showrunner about this and he admitted to me that the actor had not been fired nor had he gotten HR involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And now she's named the actor and hair and makeup head
    https://tvline.com/2019/08/05/afton-williamson-sexual-harassment-the-rookie-demetrius-grosse-accused/

Saw someone on another board say it was likely him.

It specifically says that she had to 'film with him' after the complaint in her post.

Jeez, maybe read the post, it's not difficult.

Eh one is a woman Sally??? Or is that a male too?

She had to name him really as it was easily narrowed down to a couple of actors that she was also tarring if she hadn't named him.

If she wanted to do this right it should have been brought to court....

Crazy to be honest as many people's names have been blackened by it as not knowing and people speculating about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Wasn’t that hard to work out.
    Seem to remember there was a bizarre storyline about turn where it was looking as if they were going to start dating and it stopped abruptly, think he even made inappropriate comments in the storyline and had to apologise or something?

Given modern trial by social media I'm very uncomfortable with people just able to name people, without any process.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: This is going wildly off topic. Let's get back on track please.

I'm looking forward to season 2.

It's a pity these things happened to her as this carry on is not on at all.

Thought she played great in her roll.
    She will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Hopefully it will be as good if not better then last season.....

• Advertisement

Afton Williamson’s Sexual Misconduct & Racism Allegations Rejected By ‘Rookie’ Producer eOne; No “Inappropriate” Behavior Occurred, Probe Says

eOne’s full statement:

We are today addressing the findings of the investigation initiated as a result of the claims made by actor Afton Williamson regarding our series The Rookie. The investigation was commissioned via law firm Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP who engaged third-party firm EXTTI, recognized for their extensive expertise in investigating allegations of harassment, discrimination and retaliation in the workplace.

We take all allegations of inappropriate conduct very seriously, particularly when the allegations involve discrimination or sexual harassment of any nature. We appreciate the cooperation of all those who were interviewed, including Ms. Williamson, the individuals she identified by name, and several other relevant production and staff members.

The investigation encompassed nearly 400 hours of interviews and review of evidence, involving a significant amount of material, including video, that was provided to and examined by the investigator. As a result of the independent investigation, we have concluded that those identified in Ms. Williamson’s allegations did not conduct themselves in an unlawful manner or demonstrate behavior inappropriate for the workplace. It was also concluded that the executive producers, including showrunner Alexi Hawley, addressed matters of which they were made aware promptly and in a fair and reasonable manner.

We recognize and respect that as individuals, the lens through which we view situations, interactions and comments, can differ based on our experiences and perspectives. As such, we regret that Ms. Williamson’s time on the series was not a positive one for her, and we respect her decision to move on to other projects.

We continue to focus on fostering a safe and respectful work environment for all our corporate and production employees and further reinforce our policies and procedures. To protect the privacy of all those interviewed, the investigator’s report will not be available publicly.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/afton-williamson-the-rookie-allegations-investigation-results-no-wrongdoing-abc-eone-1202737172/

She has cast a lot of mud at people's good names

Afton Williamson response
    What saddens me the most is that the lengths that were taken to Deceive, Lie, and Cover Up the Truth, were far greater than those made to Protect and Maintain a Safe Working Environment for Employees. It’s Heartbreaking for everyone on that set; Past and Present. And for every Actor out there who Stands in the Face Of Harassment and Discrimination, Assault and Injustice. As a Black Woman, an Artist, an Actor, in 2019. My Speaking the Truth, Standing up for myself, and Leaving an Unsafe Work Environment, Changed things for a lot of people: Black Women, Artists, Actors, Victims, and Survivors of Injustice and Discrimination; Gave Hope and a Promise that things Will Change; that things ARE CHANGING. And that is Not in Vain. My prayer is that we get to a point in this Industry where we don’t just Talk about it in 2 hour Mandatory Meetings. But we adhere to Keeping the Promises Made to Everyone on every set, Tirelessly Fulfilling their Dreams with Passion and Dedication. In order to Be the Change, I want to see, I will Continue to Work so that Casts & Crews alike finally See Words Align With Action. We’ve got to Do Better as an Industry. It’s just Talk until you actually Do Something. ❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2iRod_l8bN/?utm_source=ig_embed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hard to know what to make of her response really. It sounds like the studio conducted a very thorough investigation (and you'd imagine in the wake of the metoo movement that a cover-up would be the last thing they'd try), but she seems to be more concerned with making a political statement.

Oh well, it looks like it's closed now either way.

The accused has spoken.
    As you can imagine, It's been an very challenging time.I am grateful to my family, friends and colleagues who have been so supportive. I will continue to be an assertive advocate for the respect acknowledgment and advancement for women both in-and-out of the workplace.Blessings.

https://twitter.com/DemetriusGrosse/status/1175207637694025728?s=20

Scary that someone with a vendetta or just takes a dislike to one they can absolutely destroy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

He is after losing weight....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

He is after losing weight....

A good bit

• Advertisement

So are they going to kill her off in the first episode for drama or promote her to a different precinct?

Advertisement