Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something men are better than women at

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

He created man “in His own image”.

Further proof God is a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Avoiding mundane but necessary work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Theres a girl in my local Subway and she is absolutely shte at cutting a bread roll in two, she only half cuts it and then tears the rest open , leaving it uneven and with very thin sections in some places such was her shiiite attempt at cutting it down the middle. On one occasion, I made her get me a new bread roll....twice! After her second failed attempt at cutting it open, I asked her to maybe try slicing it right through from one side to the other rather than tearing it from half-way. She wasn't impressed but did manage to cut it evenly and completely through on her 3rd attempt. She is also rubbish at spreading the fillings out evenly, preferring to dump it all at one end. I have left very poor reviews for her on the 'suggestions card' and named her but she's still employed there and still rubbish at her job.

Theres an indian/Asian guy who also works there and he is brilliant, very precise, clean and knows how to make a proper subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Theres a girl in my local Subway and she is absolutely shte at cutting a bread roll in two, she only half cuts it and then tears the rest open , leaving it uneven and with very thin sections in some places such was her shiiite attempt at cutting it down the middle. On one occasion, I made her get me a new bread roll....twice! After her second failed attempt at cutting it open, I asked her to maybe try slicing it right through from one side to the other rather than tearing it from half-way. She wasn't impressed but did manage to cut it evenly and completely through on her 3rd attempt. She is also rubbish at spreading the fillings out evenly, preferring to dump it all at one end. I have left very poor reviews for her on the 'suggestions card' and named her but she's still employed there and still rubbish at her job.

Theres an indian/Asian guy who also works there and he is brilliant, very precise, clean and knows how to make a proper subway.

its annoying yes but talk about 1st world problems.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Tennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Don’t know if it’s been said, but goalkeepers.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Probably said umpteen times, being single.:)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭erudec

Ya wha?

For every single woman, there's probably a single man, with only a tiny percentage of either sex openly involved in a relationship with more than two people at the one time.

I mean, yes the women are more likely single by choice (although a lot of them probably feel rubbish about their choice, but them's the breaks).

For single mothers, I understand why they often go celibate. When you're struggling to juggle a job and bring up kids who won't be future crime lords, it's a risk to go for a big love affair.

What if the affair goes south, your heart breaks and you turn into a wreck while you have kids to mind? You don't want your mugshot to be the picture of a tabloid unfit mother story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

erudec wrote: »
    Ya wha?

For every single woman, there's probably a single man, with only a tiny percentage of either sex openly involved in a relationship with more than two people at the one time.

I mean, yes the women are more likely single by choice (although a lot of them probably feel rubbish about their choice, but them's the breaks).

For single mothers, I understand why they often go celibate. When you're struggling to juggle a job and bring up kids who won't be future crime lords, it's a risk to go for a big love affair.

What if the affair goes south, your heart breaks and you turn into a wreck while you have kids to mind? You don't want your mugshot to be the picture of a tabloid unfit mother story.

Sorry, but Wtf are you on about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Makes sense from a historical viewpoint going way back to the egg. A woman on her own was always more vulnerable to various dangers than a man on his own. A few years ago in Tanzania IIRC some chimpanzees started attacking people who lived near their territory. Only women or kids though. They never attacked men. Even though an adult chimp could tear your arms off, they considered men just too risky a target. In modern societies that's not nearly so much in play but our own monkey brains carry that in the background.

Throwing stones. Sure there are women who are accurate with throwing things at other things, and hitting them(that's the important bit :D), but generally women throwing stones? Awkward. Like a bloke using his non favoured arm, wearing a blindfold. While drunk. That likely also goes back to the egg in our history. Men being the hunters, women the gatherers. You don't have to chuck a rock at a cabbage from twenty feet away to collect it for the family*. :D

*women have better colour vision than men and one theory has it that this is because they needed it to discern ripeness in fruit and veg and subtle difference between toxic and safe veggies. If you just speared a wild boar you know it's fresh so... Women have better peripheral vision too, again one theory has it that its because when gathering they had to keep a wary eye open for threats around them, whereas men are more front facing focused to acquire and hit prey.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Going commando ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Aside from having vasectomy, I can't really think of any generalisation where one sex is better at something than the other.
    My wife is better at object orientated design than me, I'm better with power tools, she does Iron Man events, I do 10ks, she's better at finding things, I'm better at video games.
    Everyone is unique at what they're good at no matter what sex you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

smokingman wrote: »
    Aside from having vasectomy, I can't really think of any generalisation where one sex is better at something than the other.
    My wife is better at object orientated design than me, I'm better with power tools, she does Iron Man events, I do 10ks, she's better at finding things, I'm better at video games.

That's deep......

but probably a bit too serious for this thread........... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

not yet wrote: »
    God created Man...

Game over.
    and when God's mother saw what a mess he'd made of it she put the little brat across her lap and gave him a good spanking :P

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Sorry, but Wtf are you on about?

Some stuff that is over your head.

How may I change my free expression to please you, sir?

Because pleasing you is, of course, my sole goal in life.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Anything that requires intelligence or strength.

erudec wrote: »

Because pleasing you is, of course, my sole goal in life.

You really should have more than 1 goal in life, but thanks. Flattered I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

smokingman wrote: »

Emmm ohhhh right,.. eyyyy I kinda feel bad now for mocking our lady friends...
    Awwww well búmmer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

My boyfriend is way better at leaving his beard hair trimmings scattered around the sink than I am.
    Newsflash — Those aren't beard hair trimmings.

:eek:

peckerhead wrote: »
    Newsflash — Those aren't beard hair trimmings.

:eek:

I just spat tea out. Well played, that man!

• Advertisement

"Being single" is a binary state. The only way to be single badly is to be in a relationship, in which case you are not being single badly, you're being not single.

Are you talking about coping with being single? Because that's a different thing.

I don't think either sex copes with it very well. I pity the young ones going to the shops on a Tuesday evening in two inches thick of makeup.

That takes an hour to do. And if you are doing it to get toilet roll and milk on a Tuesday, you are doing it every day. These girls are spending a massive chunk of their waking lives outside work smearing expensive mush all over their faces.

And their reward is they look like everyone else and everyone can still see the big nose, double chin or whatever.

Spend that time developing some charisma, girls. It impresses the men and the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Playing a round of pitch and putt in under five hours.

Sorry I didn't intend for this to turn into a list of things which men can do better than women, but if you can't beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Mansplaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ipso wrote: »
    Mansplaining!
    Wood planing.

Playing with a child for hours and keep him/her entertained all day without losing interest, not a strong point for men, usually.

I have seen men who are great at it, and women who aren't, but on average women are ahead on this score, in my experience.

Opening things. I had to ask a strange man on the street to open a bottle of water :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Driving and especially parking.

Driving and especially parking.

I find most women drive into spaces where most men, correctly, reverse into them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The difference is if a man says he will do something, he will do it.

So there's no need to remind him every six months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

having no empathy

Advertisement